ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 190
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:39 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Obviously CP3 and Book played great but man, DeAndre Ayton is turning into an unstoppable beast. If he plays like that every game (which he basically has all postseason), the Suns are going to be really hard to beat.
It's great to see true center play and how effective it can be instead of having your five jacking up 3s all game. Hopefully the pendulum swings back a little bit as the Suns are a throw back squad.

That being said CP3 is on a another level right now :-)
Attached: FB_IMG_1625657801956.jpg (124.6 KB) 
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:52 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Oh piss off you whiney little prick!!
That's rich since you've been the whiniest little bitch in this thread. Eat fuckpie queer.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:34 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It's great to see true center play and how effective it can be instead of having your five jacking up 3s all game. Hopefully the pendulum swings back a little bit as the Suns are a throw back squad.

That being said CP3 is on a another level right now :-)
Yeah he's playing out of this world right now.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:10 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Coyotes have the best AZ team name. Diamondbacks #2.
It's amazing a city that large has seen little success in its pro teams.

Phoenix Suns - two Finals appearances. No wins.
Cardinals - one Super Bowl appearance. Loss.
Diamondbacks - one World Series appearance. Win.
Coyotes - zero Cup Finals appearances. One Conference Finals appearance.

If Mariano Rivera doesn't do the impossible and implodes, they'd have no champions in any of the pro sports.

I'm surprised Phoenix is not more desirable for top free agents. Good winter climate, lots of golf courses, close proximity to Vegas and Southern California. Maybe the Suns winning will create a different outlook toward playing there. Especially in the NBA where super teams are the new thing.
[Reply]
eDave 09:13 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Obviously CP3 and Book played great but man, DeAndre Ayton is turning into an unstoppable beast. If he plays like that every game (which he basically has all postseason), the Suns are going to be really hard to beat.
CP robbed Ayton of his 20th rebound. lol
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:15 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:

Yeah, the Diamondbacks made the playoffs the year I moved here and were fun to watch, but besides that I've had a pretty low bar in terms of hoping one or two of the teams would be competitive and decent to watch.

The Cards were in that realm for a bit last season and the Yotes walk that line sometimes. I'm not a big NBA fan, but this team is fun to watch and it's nice to see people giving a shit about sports.

There's a buzz in KC for pro and college sports that just doesn't exist here.
[Reply]
eDave 09:19 AM 07-07-2021
Lot's of sports stars live here. They just don't play here. Overall, I'd say the majority of people here are not native. Maybe that has something to do with it.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:21 AM 07-07-2021
Phx Suns GM deserves a medal.

Very smart to get rid of Oubre when he did. Jae Crowder has been useful and Paul continues to play beyond his years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:28 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Lot's of sports stars live here. They just don't play here. Overall, I'd say the majority of people here are not native. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Yeah, a lot of transplants, not a lot of success, and a couple teams haven't been around forever... DBacks having existed since '98 and the Yotes relocating to Phoenix a couple years prior.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:53 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, a lot of transplants, not a lot of success, and a couple teams haven't been around forever... DBacks having existed since '98 and the Yotes relocating to Phoenix a couple years prior.
Don't feel bad. Girls wear shorts year-round in Phoenix. Not here in KC. I've always thought Phoenix would be a fun place to live. Not as expensive as other big cities from what I hear.
[Reply]
eDave 10:54 AM 07-07-2021
Don't feel bad. Girls wear shorts year-round in Phoenix.
No. But when they do...

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:02 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
That's rich since you've been the whiniest little bitch in this thread. Eat ****pie queer.
Your team are frauds who have played injury riddled teams through the entire playoffs...deal with it coward.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:59 PM 07-07-2021
:-):-)

It would basically be a D-League championship with an asterisks for each injury riddled player, including injury riddled guy last night who hobbled his way to 20 points and 17 rebounds on his injury riddled leg.
[Reply]
sedated 02:35 PM 07-07-2021
Don't feel bad. Girls wear shorts year-round in Phoenix.
I have a friend whose daughter went to Arizona State for a bit, said that many of the women (even freshman) had boob jobs, most of them came from LA and definitely looked it. Being hot was a priority, but also snobby as hell.

I imagine a lot of them ended up in pharmaceutical sales until they married a rich guy and because a real housewife.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:50 PM 07-07-2021

If Mariano Rivera doesn't do the impossible and implodes, they'd have no champions in any of the pro sports.

I'm surprised Phoenix is not more desirable for top free agents. Good winter climate, lots of golf courses, close proximity to Vegas and Southern California. Maybe the Suns winning will create a different outlook toward playing there. Especially in the NBA where super teams are the new thing.
If David Stern didn't turn out to be a gigantic piece of shit the Suns would have beat San Antonio and certainly Cleveland several years back. Absolutely robbed. Horry throws Nash into the scorer's table and Stoudemire and Diaw suspended for the next game (at home) for stepping on the court despite DeAntony showing several Spurs players stepping on the court after a hard foul earlier in the series. I don't remember anyone calling the Spurs frauds for taking the WC finals.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 190
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up