Page 68 of 112
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Best22 08:09 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. Wish that could be said for drafting skill position players. Cant remember the last good one Veach drafted.
We should bring back Dorsey as an assistant. He can be in charge of scouting and drafting offensive players, Veach can get defensive players and handle contract extensions for all players and be the one to talk to players, media, owners, and coaches (because Dorsey may be insufferable but he could find some offensive talent)

It’ll never happen but damn
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:17 AM 10-01-2022
Dorsey drafted troubled players others passed on
No big mystery
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:18 AM 10-01-2022
If Skyy Moore turns out to be great will you stupid monkeys shut the fuck up about Veach and skill position players?

Jesus Christ you're a bunch of crybabies.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:21 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If Skyy Moore turns out to be great will you stupid monkeys shut the **** up about Veach and skill position players?

Yes
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:00 AM 10-01-2022
If Skyy Moore turns out to be great will you stupid monkeys shut the **** up about Veach and skill position players?

Not really, still going to need 2-3 more pretty soon at a minimum to offset the eventual decline of Travis Kelce. I don't see why people are crybabies for being concerned with the lack of decent picks on offense.

By now there are some clear areas where Veach has shown both good and less than stellar results.

Biggest hits have been in the secondary, and now that they're finally investing higher draft picks there we're really seeing the results.

Linebacker looks to be pretty good with the picks lately, he's built a solid group that could be great.

Interior OL picks have been very good.

To me those are the biggest areas you can give Veach a lot of credit. Some other areas have been a mixed bag, downright bad, or too early too tell until 2022 picks are able to develop more.

DL draft picks haven't been great, dating back to Breeland Speaks. Karlaftis looks to be a lot better, but we can't say for sure. DL is one of the weakest position groups heading into the offseason next year simply because nearly everyone will be gone before FA or the draft. We'll have Jones, Karlaftis, Herring, and Kaindoh and that's about it. Guys like Saunders, Nnadi, and Wharton are Veach additions that are all FA and have been okay overall, but none are difference makers. Going to need several real difference makers here in the next couple of years.

OT hasn't been good so far. OBJ was a failed trade. I wouldn't count on Niang developing into much, but I hope I'm wrong. Kinnard is pretty raw and has a lot of room to grow.

Offensive skill position picks (or lack thereof) have been the worst. We've seen a steady decline in the offensive talent and several instances of clearly making the wrong pick over significantly better prospects. This has to change (maybe that started with Moore) or we might see a Rodgers/McCarthy situation start to develop.

It's clear that Veach has consistently gotten better each year in the draft, but there are certain positional deficiencies in the draft, trade, and FA acquisitions that need to improve. WR, RB, DE, DT, and OT all need a significant influx of talent.
[Reply]
TEX 11:02 AM 10-01-2022

Sure, but will you shut up and admit there's a problem if he's not?

You bitching at us stupid monkeys is worse than us stupid monkeys.
[Reply]
TEX 11:03 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Not really, still going to need 2-3 more pretty soon at a minimum to offset the eventual decline of Travis Kelce. I don't see why people are crybabies for being concerned with the lack of decent picks on offense.

By now there are some clear areas where Veach has shown both good and less than stellar results.

Biggest hits have been in the secondary, and now that they're finally investing higher draft picks there we're really seeing the results.

Linebacker looks to be pretty good with the picks lately, he's built a solid group that could be great.

To me those are the biggest areas you can give Veach a lot of credit. Some other areas have been a mixed bag, downright bad, or too early too tell until 2022 picks are able to develop more.

DL draft picks haven't been great, dating back to Breeland Speaks. Karlaftis looks to be a lot better, but we can't say for sure. DL is one of the weakest position groups heading into the offseason next year simply because nearly everyone will be gone before FA or the draft. We'll have Jones, Karlaftis, Herring, and Kaindoh and that's about it. Guys like Saunders, Nnadi, and Wharton are Veach additions that are all FA and have been okay overall, but none are difference makers. Going to need several real difference makers here in the next couple of years.

OT hasn't been good so far. OBJ was a failed trade. I wouldn't count on Niang developing into much, but I hope I'm wrong. Kinnard is pretty raw and has a lot of room to grow.

Offensive skill position picks (or lack thereof) have been the worst. We've seen a steady decline in the offensive talent and several instances of clearly making the wrong pick over significantly better prospects. This has to change (maybe that started with Moore) or we might see a Rodgers/McCarthy situation start to develop.

It's clear that Veach has consistently gotten better each year in the draft, but there are certain positional deficiencies in the draft, trade, and FA acquisitions that need to improve. WR, RB, DE, DT, and OT all need a significant influx of talent.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:06 AM 10-01-2022

Every GM has a weak point in the draft. Nobody is drafting hits at every position.

The Chiefs will have 12 draft picks and a lot of money to add more talent
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:20 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sure, but will you shut up and admit there's a problem if he's not?

You bitching at us stupid monkeys is worse than us stupid monkeys.
Veach has drafted a grand total of 5 skill position players (I fucking hate that term btw and am only using it to keep terminology consistent) in 5 drafts. That's it. And two of those are RBs, which means who gives a flying fuck.

Three of those picks have been in the last two years, and two of them are in the 5th round or later. The other one is a WR who is entering his 4th game playing for a coach who has a history of never letting his rookie WRs see the field.

If you want to shit on Veach, shit on him for not drafting more receivers and offensive weapons. But saying he doesn't know how to draft receivers and RBs is pretty stupid.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:22 AM 10-01-2022

And if we don't get those difference makers, what's going to happen?

We'll make the playoffs and have a puncher's chance at the Super Bowl playing with the best QB and a roster of full of mostly good not great players with mostly decent depth?

Oh no...
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:45 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Every GM has a weak point in the draft. Nobody is drafting hits at every position.

The Chiefs will have 12 draft picks and a lot of money to add more talent
No disagreement there, I agree. Still important to know where the weaknesses lie and try to address them. I'm in no way stating he can't improve in these areas, although to be honest I am a bit skeptical until proven otherwise. I truly hope he proves my skepticism wrong.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:48 AM 10-01-2022
Veach has drafted a grand total of 5 skill position players (I ****ing hate that term btw and am only using it to keep terminology consistent) in 5 drafts. That's it. And two of those are RBs, which means who gives a flying ****.

Three of those picks have been in the last two years, and two of them are in the 5th round or later. The other one is a WR who is entering his 4th game playing for a coach who has a history of never letting his rookie WRs see the field.

If you want to shit on Veach, shit on him for not drafting more receivers and offensive weapons. But saying he doesn't know how to draft receivers and RBs is pretty stupid.
You can also knock him for the lack of investment here just as much as making the wrong picks when he did draft guys.

I also don't see why it's totally incorrect to state he doesn't know how to draft WR or RB, seeing as how the next one he drafts there that develops into a legitimate weapon defenses have to account for would be his first. Maybe that already happened with Moore, but until he proves it he has no track record of success there.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:48 AM 10-01-2022
Vagich is better at some position groups than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:50 AM 10-01-2022
And if we don't get those difference makers, what's going to happen?

We'll make the playoffs and have a puncher's chance at the Super Bowl playing with the best QB and a roster of full of mostly good not great players with mostly decent depth?

Oh no...
Not the end of the world, but in that instance we'll likely be repeating the career trajectory of Aaron Rodgers with one early Super Bowl victory and then not much else afterwards. I think we'd all like to avoid that. Again, that's better than a lot of franchises have it but with Mahomes at the helm we should expect more.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 10-01-2022
Veach has drafted a grand total of 5 skill position players (I fucking hate that term btw and am only using it to keep terminology consistent) in 5 drafts. That's it. And two of those are RBs, which means who gives a flying fuck.

This.

It's an overblown narrative mostly coming from those who will always find something to bitch about.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 112
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up