493rd 03:48 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
WHAT

neglected the defense in recent drafts?

2019 1st round pick-traded for Clark.
2019 2nd for Thornhill
2020 2nd for Gay
2021 2nd for Bolton

not to mention a 3rd for Saunders, 3rd for Nnadi, 2nd for Speaks, 3rd for D'OD, 4th for Sneed...

You can argue the success if you want and I would maybe even agree somewhat, but you cannot say he neglected defense in recent drafts.
With the “premium” picks we had, he neglected the defense. 2019 took Hardman, who pretty much is a nobody. 2020 he took MEH, who pretty much is a nobody. The 2018 draft he missed on the entire draft class. Bolton looks like a keeper and Gay can’t stay healthy. Clark was paid and quit and decided to carry uzi’s in his ride.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:50 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
With the “premium” picks we had, he neglected the defense. 2019 took Hardman, who pretty much is a nobody. 2020 he took MEH, who pretty much is a nobody. The 2018 draft he missed on the entire draft class.
Hardman is a nobody? He’s your average 2nd round pick. People like you just have unrealistic expectations when it comes to those picks. Sure, he wasn’t D.K. Metcalf, but he wasn’t Parris Campbell or JJ Arcega-Whiteside either.

Nnadi is a miss?

Fenton is a miss?

You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about.
[Reply]
493rd 04:02 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hardman is a nobody? He’s your average 2nd round pick. People like you just have unrealistic expectations when it comes to those picks. Sure, he wasn’t D.K. Metcalf, but he wasn’t Parris Campbell or JJ Arcega-Whiteside either.

Nnadi is a miss?

Fenton is a miss?

You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about.
Wrong. Hardman was drafted to develop into a legit #2; instead he’s a gimmick guy and that seems unlikely to change at this point. What exactly has Nnadi done on the leagues worst run defense again? Fenton is average nothing more. You’re delusional if you don’t agree with my assessments.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:10 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And maybe we'd have two.

We can speculate all we want - that's why we're here.

But only one of us is going whole hog into a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy here...
Just wanted to applaud this

[Reply]
staylor26 04:12 PM 09-29-2021
Wrong. Hardman was drafted to develop into a legit #2; instead he’s a gimmick guy and that seems unlikely to change at this point. What exactly has Nnadi done on the leagues worst run defense again? Fenton is average nothing more. You’re delusional if you don’t agree with my assessments.
It doesn’t matter what Hardman was drafted to be. Considering where he went, and the fact that he’s at least been one of the leagues best gadget guys, he’s far from a “nobody” or a bad pick. A “nobody” doesn’t make a Pro Bowl. Bad picks don’t get 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD’s in their first 2 seasons.

Nnadi is a very good run defender. He isn’t defined by the defensive performance as a whole.

Fenton has been excellent depth at corner. That’s all you can ask for out of a late day 3 pick.

Again, you clearly have no clue what you’re talking about.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-29-2021
You're arguing the results of the picks, not whether or not defense was neglected.

You want to argue that we've had picks that have so far underwhelmed? that's totally a valid argument.

but to say it was 'neglected' with 'premium picks'-hell, we hadn't had a first rounder since Mahomes before CEH. And plenty of #2 picks went to defense. Additionally, we've got a VERY highly paid defensive line. So it hasn't been 'neglected'.

We're seeing poor results at this point. But that's not the same thing, it's a totally different argument.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:18 PM 09-29-2021
You know what I love about Chiefsplanet?

We lose a couple of games, and our GM is an idiot, and coach Reid is terrible, and all of these players are busts, and anyone who says otherwise is a dumbass.

Then we'll win a few games and all of that is forgotten and everyone never doubted the team for a second.
[Reply]
493rd 04:26 PM 09-29-2021
You're arguing the results of the picks, not whether or not defense was neglected.

You want to argue that we've had picks that have so far underwhelmed? that's totally a valid argument.

but to say it was 'neglected' with 'premium picks'-hell, we hadn't had a first rounder since Mahomes before CEH. And plenty of #2 picks went to defense. Additionally, we've got a VERY highly paid defensive line. So it hasn't been 'neglected'.

We're seeing poor results at this point. But that's not the same thing, it's a totally different argument.
I’m arguing both. Veach wasted picks drafting offensive guys like Hardman and CEH who haven’t panned out and might have been considered “luxury” picks. And virtually every defensive player he’s taken has underwhelmed. Gay and Bolton might be the exceptions but one can’t stay healthy and the other is a rook. When your defense is as bad as KCs, drafting guys who start right now means absolutely nothing. It is what it is.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:29 PM 09-29-2021
Just to add some more to this convo if anyone was curious:

The 2019 Draft yielded 28 WR's taken.

Of those 28 WR's drafted, Hardman is:

8th in Receiving Yards
6th in Touchdowns
3rd in Rushing Yards

Just some info for ya'll to mull over.
[Reply]
493rd 04:41 PM 09-29-2021
You know what I love about Chiefsplanet?

We lose a couple of games, and our GM is an idiot, and coach Reid is terrible, and all of these players are busts, and anyone who says otherwise is a dumbass.

Then we'll win a few games and all of that is forgotten and everyone never doubted the team for a second.
You think the things you describe are unique to CP?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:54 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm what?

Who?

Myles Garrett? Was is that difficult to take the consensus #1 pick?

Baker Mayfield? He took the wrong QB. Give me Allen, Lamar, or even Darnold over that ****ing loser.

Nick Chubb? Congrats on hitting on a RB.

The Browns didn’t start winning until they got the HC right and rebuilt that OL, 2 things Dorsey had absolutely nothing to do with.
None of Veachs picks come close. If were talking rotational defensive players then Veach wins because that's just about all hes drafted on defense besides Sneed and Bolton
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:55 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How many of those "Dorsey" guys were top 10-15 picks? Outside of KC trading up from 27 to 10 to get Mahomes, when was the last time KC drafted that high? His #1 pick, Mayfield, is underwhelming at best. Also if Dorsey is such a great GM why isn't he one then?
Jones, Kelce, Hill, Hunt are probably some of the best players in the NFL. Veach gets guys like Armani Watts in those rounds.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:00 PM 09-29-2021
Yeah, I wish we drafted Metcalf or McLaurin. But it could've been way worse. The next three WRs taken after Hardman were Arcega-Whiteside, Parris Campbell, and Andy Isabella. All of them are busts. I remember a lot of people here wanted the latter two.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:15 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Jones, Kelce, Hill, Hunt are probably some of the best players in the NFL. Veach gets guys like Armani Watts in those rounds.
:-)

Yea let’s just ignore guys like Sneed and Smith.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:17 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
None of Veachs picks come close. If were talking rotational defensive players then Veach wins because that's just about all hes drafted on defense besides Sneed and Bolton
Nice rebuttal.

Where’s all this talent that Dorsey drafted on defense in Cleveland?

That list consist of Denzel Ward, who was a top 10 pick, and basically nothing else, hence why they essentially had to rebuild their entire defense this offseason.

Nice try dipshit.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 112
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up