ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 33
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:53 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And oh yeah, I was genuinely surprised that

Spoiler!
They've done a tremendous job with everything thus far. I'm curious to see where it goes from here.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:57 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And oh yeah, I was genuinely surprised that

Spoiler!
I was concerned because...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 05:58 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Did you notice Captain Angel's Adam's Apple?
Pike gave it away at the end by referring to Angel as 'them' if you hadn't noticed it by then.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:07 AM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:

Spoiler!
Possibly. Though it really only stays on the one uniting theme of the season, Spock and his personal life.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:48 AM 06-18-2022
For those of you who might remember, is Stonn the Vulcan that Spock has to eventually challenge for the hand of T'Pring?
[Reply]
listopencil 07:51 AM 06-18-2022
Found it. It's Stonn:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708416/

Also, original T'Pring was pretty hot.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:20 AM 06-18-2022
Found it. It's Stonn:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708416/

Also, original T'Pring was pretty hot.
Her modern counterpart is remarkably similar looking, and also pretty hot.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:42 AM 06-19-2022

Spoiler!
I'm fine with serialized elements in an episodic format (effectively they're already doing that with the characters already such as the development of Spock's relationships with T'Pring/Chapel). TNG certainly had that as well. I don't think it's an issue if Angel or Sybok pop up once in a while as running villains.

I haven't watched Final Frontier in a long, long time but I seem to recall Sybok, the character, being less of an issue than the plot of that movie itself (and especially the ending). There may be interesting places this show could take him.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:26 AM 06-23-2022
God damn it. Just when I started internally bitching about how goofy the episode was even though it was fun, those sumbitches had to punch me in the gut like that.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:29 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, the last episode was definitely a step back. While it wasn't horrible, and was clearly going for light-hearted laughs after the Gorn episode, it definitely had some Discovery creep to it. Apparently Chapel is bi, and it's pretty obvious that the butch helmsman chick has the hots for her. Similar vibe developing between Number One and the security officer.

This show is so promising. Don't want to see it devolve into woke shit. :-)

Apparently so.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 AM 06-23-2022
Ugh. I crapped out midway through the last episode and now I don't really have any desire to see the current one. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 11:27 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Ugh. I crapped out midway through the last episode and now I don't really have any desire to see the current one. :-)
I was surprised because it's the kind of episode that shows normally do after they have well established characters, to change things up a bit. It's a fantasy episode with many of the actors playing parts that are dissimilar from their normal roles. They all obviously had a blast doing it and hammed it up quite a bit. Also, Lieutenant La'an Noonien-Singh (Christina Chong) has some great tits.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:19 PM 06-24-2022
So that was unexpectedly hugely emotional at the end. Really made the episode for me.

I'm also not sure how well the rest of it will go over with most in this era of TV, but these are the kinds of stories you can and should be doing on an episodic series and very much reminds me of aspects of TOS.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:23 PM 06-24-2022

Definitely didn't notice this Easter egg.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:16 AM 06-25-2022
While the last episode was light hearted I actually chuckled until the end when they get into your heart.

The fact that some of the characters play people they aren't normally made it fun for me.

And yes...Noonien-Singh definitely has some distinguishing features they tend to hide with her normal uniform.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 33
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up