View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 343
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
KCJake 04:35 PM 03-29-2022
It seems like way too much. Honestly what is this guy. An average to above average left tackle??? At best. Elite, no way. But like some people have said, what's the alternative
[Reply]
poolboy 04:46 PM 03-29-2022
Lets face it, our starting tackles are average or below
I think that is why the AFC West is loading up on superstar pass rushers
They know this and they think they can make Pat see ghosts
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:52 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The total compensation was not a first.
True...and it worked out amazing. Creed was worth the pick they gave for Brown....it was the Creed selection tight?..I'll have to check.

I think they'll push it forward another year...that's the safe play.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:55 PM 03-29-2022
I don't think Hill was even the best in the NFL last year when you factor in the drops, which just killed us in some games. But I agree he was a lot closer than Brown.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:59 PM 03-29-2022
In general, this is why I'm opposed to trading for the right to pay someone. You are pot committed to the next contract, and it generally leads to a significant overpay, which costs the acquiring team both valuable draft capital and cap space instead of just one or the other.
[Reply]
Bump 05:02 PM 03-29-2022
I feel like that's a bit high though. But at this point you gotta pay him to stay here.

Veach probably weighing

keep Orlando Brown and gain a 1st and 2nd round pick

or

keep Tyreek Hill, lose Brown Jr and don't get the extra picks

he chose the former
[Reply]
Rausch 05:10 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
I feel like that's a bit high though. But at this point you gotta pay him to stay here.

Veach probably weighing

keep Orlando Brown and gain a 1st and 2nd round pick

or

keep Tyreek Hill, lose Brown Jr and don't get the extra picks

he chose the former
Watch Veach trade Brown on draft day...
[Reply]
poolboy 05:10 PM 03-29-2022
signing Geron Chrisitan to run block along with Brown and Ronald Jones might be an okey doke to the league
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:20 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
In general, this is why I'm opposed to trading for the right to pthay someone. You are pot committed to the next contract, and it generally leads to a significant overpay, which costs the acquiring team both valuable draft capital and cap space instead of just one or the other.

Maybe... but this was necessary and worked out marvelously. We don't make the trade, we would have drafted a LT, which turned out to be thin pickings, and we wouldn't have gotten either Bolton or Creed. If we pay OBJ around $20-23 mil for 3 to 4, on a wink wink 6 year deal worth $24-$27, I'm good with it, especially since I think Pat got better pocket presence and OBJ got better through the season last yera, and this year he will be even better. If so, this will be a steal with the cap numbers most likely increasing nicely in 23/24.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:41 PM 03-29-2022
no offensive lineman is worth that much money, they should cap the positions in the NFL
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:42 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
no offensive lineman is worth that much money, they should cap the positions in the NFL
What?... Teams are capped, free market decides everything else...
[Reply]
poolboy 05:47 PM 03-29-2022
Armstead at LT and Brown at RT would have solidified this line

but I guess the Chiefs "promised Brown he could play left tackle
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:51 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't think Hill was even the best in the NFL last year when you factor in the drops, which just killed us in some games. But I agree he was a lot closer than Brown.
Hill is not the best WR. Adam's, Chase, Hopkins and DK are more threats in the red zone. They can go get the ball better.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:52 PM 03-29-2022
Is Brown even a top 10 LT? Do you think he will be ever?
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 05:53 PM 03-29-2022
Turnstyle for speedrushers. He is what he is in spite of what we pay him. No better options I suppose. Hopefully we solve the right tackle spot somehow or we will have 2 turnstyles with a qb who does not love the pocket. It is what it is. We have got to adapt to short pass and :-) an effective running game :-) which will never happen with Reid.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 343
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up