ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 312 of 341
« First < 212262302308309310311312 313314315316322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:03 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
My best friend got heavily into 3D printing over the last few years. He kept asking me if I wanted any parts printed for any guns, and at first I was pretty skeptical. Today he gave this 3D printed insert for an SBA3 AR pistol brace. It fits great, and makes the brace a lot more solid. Has a nice grip to it. Cost about $3 to print.

(For storage and transportation use only of course
:-))
My nieghbors is huge into printing he making fun stuff all day every day. It’s amazing what they can do. He’s even printed a ghost gun or two.
[Reply]
Fish 09:14 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
My nieghbors is huge into printing he making fun stuff all day every day. It’s amazing what they can do. He’s even printed a ghost gun or two.
Yeah, my buddy has done the same. Last weekend I shot a 3d printed 9mm grip with a Glock slide on top. He's also in the process of building an AR-9 using a 3D printed lower and 3D printed grip. It actually felt incredibly solid. He says the guy who designed it has videos showing over 500 rounds through several prints with no issues. But I'd still be very hesitant about going this far. It looks and feels surprisingly solid though...

He's been trying to get me to try a 3D printed suppressor for 5.56, but I haven't had the courage yet.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 06-28-2022
That's awesome. Does he want to make one for mine? :-)

I'd love to get into that stuff but there is a shitload of stuff I'd have to learn and I don't have the time.
[Reply]
Fish 09:25 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's awesome. Does he want to make one for mine? :-)

I'd love to get into that stuff but there is a shitload of stuff I'd have to learn and I don't have the time.
He was explaining all of it while we were hanging out. It is insanely complicated. From the different types of material, to different temperatures/speeds/nozzle types/etc. Some projects need support bridges to work. I'm kinda lucky because he's really really good at it, and he's more than willing to print me off whatever I could ask for.
[Reply]
notorious 10:00 AM 06-29-2022
Yeah, my buddy has done the same. Last weekend I shot a 3d printed 9mm grip with a Glock slide on top. He's also in the process of building an AR-9 using a 3D printed lower and 3D printed grip. It actually felt incredibly solid. He says the guy who designed it has videos showing over 500 rounds through several prints with no issues. But I'd still be very hesitant about going this far. It looks and feels surprisingly solid though...

He's been trying to get me to try a 3D printed suppressor for 5.56, but I haven't had the courage yet.
Tell him to be careful when it comes to the stripped lowers.

I'm not going to go into the law, just make sure he knows them. As long as they are for his own personal use he has nothing to worry about.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:04 AM 07-03-2022

[Reply]
Frazod 08:29 AM 07-05-2022
Been awhile since I've got a new gun. Rectifying that today.

Fusion Arms Riptide-C, 9mm.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:43 AM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

I'm not going to go into the law, just make sure he knows them. As long as they are for his own personal use he has nothing to worry about.
I cant speak for his friend but my neighbor is very by the book. But hes turned into an almost mad scientist doing this stuff lol.
[Reply]
Fish 11:26 AM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

Yeah, we're doing it right. There are certainly some specific things you're not supposed to do. Like my buddy cannot technically print something and sell it to me.

Gotta say at first I thought there was no way I could use any 3d printed stuff for my firearms. But there's actually tons of ideas, and they work.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:26 PM 07-05-2022
Yeah, we're doing it right. There are certainly some specific things you're not supposed to do. Like my buddy cannot technically print something and sell it to me.

Gotta say at first I thought there was no way I could use any 3d printed stuff for my firearms. But there's actually tons of ideas, and they work.
My neighbor has got in the habit of printing stuff and sending it home with my son. My son comes in throws random plastic at me and says xxxxx said guess what this is.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:04 AM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Fusion Arms Riptide-C, 9mm
That thing is beautiful. Mind if I ask how much you paid?
[Reply]
Lzen 11:05 AM 07-10-2022
Opinions on Beretta APX A1 Carry?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:08 AM 07-10-2022

Frazod has no less than 10 different 1911s, I guarantee it
[Reply]
Frazod 12:25 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That thing is beautiful. Mind if I ask how much you paid?
Just under a thousand. It's a wonderful shooter. Fantastic trigger and the slide is like butter. The sights are a bit off - I shot it along with a couple of my friends and we were all consistently a touch high left but with tight groups. I'll need to tinker with that.

Originally Posted by BDj23:
Frazod has no less than 10 different 1911s, I guarantee it
Actually, I only have two, including this one. I traded in my Sig C3 Commander for it to defray the cost. That was a nice little 1911, but I rarely shot it. It was a good size for a carry gun, but I don't like carrying anything with an external safety, so it just languished in the safe. I got $600 on the trade, which was only a hundred less than I paid for it initially. I did throw in the extra mags and model specific holster, though.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:23 PM 07-10-2022

Damn son. She's a beauty.
[Reply]
Page 312 of 341
« First < 212262302308309310311312 313314315316322 > Last »
Up