ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 251
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***OFFICIAL Kansas City Royals Vs. Oakland A's Post Season Wild Card Thread 9/30***
gblowfish 11:01 PM 09-29-2014
Let me start by saying,
I ****ING hate Oakland.
I despise ALL THINGS OAKLAND.
I especially despise the Oakland Raiders, Oakland Fans, and today I especially despise their weak ass, carpetbagging "Oakland "A's" baseball team.
Why?
Glad you asked.
I'll tell you why:
Because I'm old enough to remember what happened here, and what has been stolen from us as a city.

Let me tell you a story from a long time ago:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:13 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by Coach:
Holy shit. I just realized it. Today has been 16 years since the Quiz passed.
And "29" was his number.
[Reply]
TLO 01:15 PM 09-30-2014
5 hours.
[Reply]
Coach 01:15 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
And "29" was his number.
Man.... it gotta be a sign.
[Reply]
DrRyan 01:17 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by Coach:
From Joe Posnanski's Facebook:

-- Once asked Dan Quisenberry if he missed the cheers. He said, 'Nah, I just go to the ballpark, listen to the cheers and I pretend they're for me."

-- Once heard George Brett explain that the only way to hit a home run is to try not to hit one. Royals zen!

-- Once heard John Mayberry explain his strategy for catching those tricky foul pop-ups. He would look up at the sky, gather himself, and yell at the top of his lungs, "FRANK! FRANK! FRANK!" Then Frank White would catch them.

-- Once heard Jim Sundberg say what it was like catching a young Bret Saberhagen. He said, "It was like holding up the canvas for Picasso."

-- Once heard pitcher Al Fitzmorris recount a mound conversation he had with John Mayberry on one of those impossibly hot Kansas City days, when the air was 100 degrees and the turf 120 and the players would soak their feet (spikes and all) in ice buckets between innings. Fitzmorris got in some trouble, and Mayberry wandered over from first base to settle him down. "If you don't throw strikes," Mayberry said as sweat poured off his face. "I'm going to kill you."

-- Once heard Hal McRae's response when the Yankees Cliff Johnson challenge him to a fight before a Yankees-Royals playoff game. The teams despised each other, and the series had been one collision after another, and before the game McRae and Johnson got into an argument, and finally Johnson said, "Let's settle this under the stands." McRae said: "Cliff, I don't fight extra men."

-- Once heard Brett's words to Texas' ferocious Willie Horton when, during a brawl, Brett had unwittingly torn Horton's jacket off. Horton turned to see Brett holding the tattered remains of the jacket, and Brett saw the fire in this big man's eyes, and he said, simply, "Here's your jacket Mr. Horton."

"Next thing," Brett said. "I was looking up at the sky."

-- Once heard Frank White define the best Royals teams this way: "Ninth inning, two outs, game on the line, you had eight fielders on the team and every one of them was thinking the same thing: Hit it to me."

The Kansas City Royals in the playoffs for the first time since 1985. Enjoy this moment Kansas City. And, yes, hope for more.
Awesome! Got a laugh from that one.
[Reply]
TLO 01:17 PM 09-30-2014
I kind of wish Colon was starting over Moose, but that seems silly to complain about right now.

In Ned I trust.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 01:57 PM 09-30-2014
Haven't been able to think about anything but the game all day.
It's been a hell of a ride, don't want it to be over yet that's for sure.
[Reply]
Coach 02:04 PM 09-30-2014
T-minus 4 hours.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 02:04 PM 09-30-2014
http://www.athleticsnation.com/2014/...and-on-tuesday

Geovany Soto. That cat's weird. After every pitch he reaches down in front of him an rubs his right hand in the dirt.
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:05 PM 09-30-2014
I've never been more nervous in my entire life.
[Reply]
Coach 02:10 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
And "29" was his number.
I should also point out that on this day, 22 years ago, George Brett got his 3,000th hit.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 02:14 PM 09-30-2014
There's only ONE thing I've been more excited about arriving...

....and that's a signed 8x10" from Christian Okoye.
[Reply]
Hootie 02:26 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
I kind of wish Colon was starting over Moose, but that seems silly to complain about right now.

In Ned I trust.
It just doesn't make sense to start a rookie 2nd baseman today...

I understand the Moose's splits...but it's not like an inexperienced, non-third baseman righty really increases our chances offensively to risk not having Moose defensively...especially after seeing very sketchy results in limited action from Colon at 3B
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:28 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I've never been more nervous in my entire life.
Seriously. I just had diarrhea. Seriously. It's that bad.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 02:31 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:

In Ned I trust.
The Royals didn't make it to the post season via clutch hitting.

Moustakas is the best defensive third baseman on the roster.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:34 PM 09-30-2014
Better fucking show up in front of the big crowd.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 251
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up