ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitch Holthus tribute
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:50 PM 06-28-2022

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:09 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I have a theory that he's generational. Older people like him. Younger people hate him. I'm in the middle.
I'm 40 so I think that makes me young around CP? Or old? I don't know, and I'm too damn old to care. But I love Mitch. The dude exudes passion.

I used to follow the LA Kings and they went woke and brought in a woman to do play by play and she is objectively terrible with play by play. She never knows who is on the ice so she just says things like "The Kings player passed to the Kings player, who passes to the Kings player who SHOOTS but misses". It's just a terrible audio experience. Then when the Sharks score, she shrieks and it makes my dogs bark. It's like a air raid siren when she shrieks. This is half the play by play in hockey.

If you don't like Mitch, you'll end up getting a Bitch. Careful what you wish for.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:19 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Love his passion, but his calls are so cringe....
Gotta love the "Mankato 4" sign 17 seconds into the video! :-)
[Reply]
Fish 09:21 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Gotta love the "Mankato 4" sign 17 seconds into the video! :-)
Holy shit, I missed that. Good call! Go Cougars!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:37 AM 06-29-2022
So from this thread I'm to learn that if you just post a link with no other information, people like Fish will click it and enjoy it.

What am I supposed to do with this information? Good grift.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:38 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Deberg's gone fishing again
I don't know who you are but you remind me of TLO , your style is like his and he was an annoying asshole,a pussy , a cunt , a cock sucker and a real douche. Other than that he was an OK dude but not really. Did I mention he sucked ass.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:50 AM 06-29-2022
I've known Mitch since I was a student at K-State in the 80's. He's genuinely a great guy. You will not find a more passionate Chiefs fan. Is he corny? Yes, without a doubt. Are his calls over the top at times? Yep. But, when you tie the entire package of what he brings to the Chiefs broadcast and his ability to reach the emotion of fans in person and on the radio, you will NEVER find a better overall fit for that job. He's working his dream job, and he knows and appreciates it. I don't believe he's ever taken that for granted.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I generally feel that way.

Then I listen to another teams radio broadcast and it is flat out terrible compared to ours.
Absolutely this. Go listen to a highlight vid of the Bills-Chiefs playoff game and listen to the contrast between Mitch and their guys calling the action, then come back in here and tell us how Mitch rules.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up