ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 333
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:57 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
How is BWJ not viewed as a draft success/stud by all the gurus on here? He’s on pace for 25 HRs, 50 SB, and 85 RBI in his second full MLB season. His defense has also improved this year. He’s only 23 years old.
Because its still early, and he has struggled to be the all around stud we had hoped for. The star player. He's just not that guy yet. He's a nice player that is super fast, but struggled with a lot of the facets we were told were exceptional. Stealing 50 bases isnt going to fix this franchise if you cant get on base above a .300 clip hitting at the top of the order.

Short version: the .850+ OPS guy with elite speed and elite defense ended up being a .750 OPS guy with elite speed.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:04 AM 07-10-2023
Also, BWJ isnt necessarily the sole reason people are down on him. I believe many thought he was going to be the centerpiece of the rebuild. Now that Pratto, Melendez and some of the others having fallen flat as the other pieces surrounding him makes the whole situation feel terrible. The fault is not necessarily of his own making. He's going to be a good player for many years, even if this is all he ends up being.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:07 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
How is BWJ not viewed as a draft success/stud by all the gurus on here? He’s on pace for 25 HRs, 50 SB, and 85 RBI in his second full MLB season. His defense has also improved this year. He’s only 23 years old.
Oh he's close, but it's just too early with him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:13 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Because its still early, and he has struggled to be the all around stud we had hoped for. The star player. He's just not that guy yet. He's a nice player that is super fast, but struggled with a lot of the facets we were told were exceptional. Stealing 50 bases isnt going to fix this franchise if you cant get on base above a .300 clip hitting at the top of the order.

Short version: the .850+ OPS guy with elite speed and elite defense ended up being a .750 OPS guy with elite speed.
He very well could easily turn into that stud player. He's been that stud over his last 40 games and really he just had a bad month this year and has been damn good outside of it.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:31 AM 07-10-2023
Just tonight? Mecca has made it his goal all season to make sure to remind us every day we deserve this misery.
Nah no one deserves that, it has more to do with please don't defend them making the exact decisions that got them into this mess.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:49 AM 07-10-2023
The issue i have is the JJP promotion, because we knew at that point the najority of the minor league dev system was going to stay the same for the most part. I am still happy with and believe they made the right moves at the ML level.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:52 AM 07-10-2023
The issue i have is the JJP promotion, because we knew at that point the najority of the minor league dev system was going to stay the same for the most part. I am still happy with and believe they made the right moves at the ML level.
I dunno, it's pretty telling that they think they have major job security with those draft picks.

I also question if Quartraro is a very good fit for this team.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 10:02 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Am I the only one who also wants to bitch about the Royals PR team trying to make "welcome to the city" happen? KC aint the city and far from the first sports franchise to use it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Am I the only one who also wants to bitch about the Royals PR team trying to make "welcome to the city" happen? KC aint the city and far from the first sports franchise to use it.
Would you prefer welcome to the shithole?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:06 AM 07-10-2023
It would be like criticizing the font choice of the OceanGate Titan logo but sure may as well pile on
[Reply]
penguinz 10:08 AM 07-10-2023
I have tried and tried but I have zero interest in this club until they completely clean house and start over.

And the sketchy owner starts investing $ versus begging the public to give him $.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:19 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He very well could easily turn into that stud player. He's been that stud over his last 40 games and really he just had a bad month this year and has been damn good outside of it.
He was drafted out of high school four years ago and he's already in his second year in the majors. That's with Witt skipping two levels of Single-A ball altogether.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 10:48 AM 07-10-2023
Obviously need to use #KansasCityStrong instead. Would definitely be the first to use something like that.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 11:41 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Would you prefer welcome to the shithole?
That amount of honesty would be refreshing.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:48 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I have tried and tried but I have zero interest in this club until they completely clean house and start over.

And the sketchy owner starts investing $ versus begging the public to give him $.
Seems Sherman bought the Royals for far different reasons other than investing into building a winner. More like bilk tax payers for a new park, value of team increases, sell team, and profit.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 333
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Up