ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 71
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. It's all because of Belichick.
And it's about his past history at that. It's not really about the present.

The Patriots are playing good, complimentary football. They're not playing "lights out".

The talking heads just can't get the Patriot Way out of their heads.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:40 PM 11-30-2021
So let me get this straight..... You're talking about getting the #1 AFC SEED yet have a game Sunday against the Broncos that if lost would put the Broncos in 1st place in the AFC WEST?

Things can change quickly it seems as the Original OP didn't even have the Broncos in his write-up yet here they are challenging for 1st in the AFC WEST.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 03:43 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
So let me get this straight..... You're talking about getting the #1 AFC SEED yet have a game Sunday against the Broncos that if lost would put the Broncos in 1st place in the AFC WEST?

Things can change quickly it seems as the Original OP didn't even have the Broncos in his write-up yet here they are challenging for 1st in the AFC WEST.
"if lost" LOL
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 03:46 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Bengals - They don't really have any impressive wins, outside of Balt but we know they are banged up and not that great. Still think this is were the Chiefs could falter especially if Bengals come in hungry this game. - Probably the only L i see happening
I disagree. They laid the smack down on the Raiders and the Steelers the last two weeks. I know those teams aren't the greatest, but 32-13 and 41-10 victories back to back is pretty impressive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I disagree. They laid the smack down on the Raiders and the Steelers the last two weeks. I know those teams aren't the greatest, but 32-13 and 41-10 victories back to back is pretty impressive.
They lost to the Jets.

The Steelers are terrible.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 03:57 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They lost to the Jets.

The Steelers are terrible.
I agree that the Steelers are terrible, but 41-10 is an impressive victory in the NFL, regardless of opponent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I agree that the Steelers are terrible, but 41-10 is an impressive victory in the NFL, regardless of opponent.
So is 41-16.

The score by which the Bengals lost to the spiraling Browns 3 weeks ago.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:07 PM 11-30-2021

Do you think Dungver is going to win the division or make the playoffs? I’d say with their horrific quarterback situation, the Faders have a better shot and there’s no way they’re doing it either.
[Reply]
Eureka 05:29 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Do you think Dungver is going to win the division or make the playoffs? I’d say with their horrific quarterback situation, the Faders have a better shot and there’s no way they’re doing it either.
I wouldn't be surprised at anything this season.

Most thought that the Chiefs were going to run away with this division but here they are in week 13 playing for the division lead against the "Horrific quarterback situation" Broncos.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:06 PM 11-30-2021
I wouldn't be surprised at anything this season.

Most thought that the Chiefs were going to run away with this division but here they are in week 13 playing for the division lead against the "Horrific quarterback situation" Broncos.
So you saying they don’t have a ‘horrific QB situation’ ?

Which one of their QB’s would you like to trade Carr for? Bridgewater? Lock?

Let’s be real for a second. The ONLY reason this division is close right now is because of an unprecedented rash of turnovers by the Chiefs, which is completely uncharacteristic of an Andy Reid Chiefs team. We’re normally near the top in fewest turnovers. Most of them are a result of fluky plays and some ‘pressing’ by the offense. It’s been a weird year. But I wouldn’t expect it to happen again going forward (because it never has before).

The rest of you all in the AFC West should just thank the Chiefs for allowing you to stick around because of some fluky turnovers. Everyone knows we’re a much better team than the other three. Thus why we’ve played in the last two Super Bowls.

You’re welcome AFC West.

Don’t expect this gift again next year.
[Reply]
Eureka 07:51 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So you saying they don’t have a ‘horrific QB situation’ ?

Which one of their QB’s would you like to trade Carr for? Bridgewater? Lock?

Let’s be real for a second. The ONLY reason this division is close right now is because of an unprecedented rash of turnovers by the Chiefs, which is completely uncharacteristic of an Andy Reid Chiefs team. We’re normally near the top in fewest turnovers. Most of them are a result of fluky plays and some ‘pressing’ by the offense. It’s been a weird year. But I wouldn’t expect it to happen again going forward (because it never has before).

The rest of you all in the AFC West should just thank the Chiefs for allowing you to stick around because of some fluky turnovers. Everyone knows we’re a much better team than the other three. Thus why we’ve played in the last two Super Bowls.

You’re welcome AFC West.

Don’t expect this gift again next year.

Teddy has that team 1 game away from the AFC WEST top spot. It is what it is.

I wouldn't trade Carr for Teddy but Carr has his own issues. Chiefs have a great QB no doubt. Finding a great QB isn't easy.

Every team goes through stuff every year. You think the Raiders haven't gone through anything this year? You are what your record says you are - no more no less.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:53 PM 11-30-2021
broncos getting broomed again this year

get used to it
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:06 PM 11-30-2021
Teddy has that team 1 game away from the AFC WEST top spot. It is what it is.

I wouldn't trade Carr for Teddy but Carr has his own issues. Chiefs have a great QB no doubt. Finding a great QB isn't easy.

Every team goes through stuff every year. You think the Raiders haven't gone through anything this year? You are what your record says you are - no more no less.
Hence the saying, nobody is winning the SB in October/November/December (well maybe when your teams SB is beating KC which was obviously victory lap worthy). We will see how it shakes out, but if I was a betting man, I wouldn’t bet against KC.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:13 PM 11-30-2021
We need Mahomes "Magic" right NOW through out the rest of the schedule. We NEED to win the AFC West and my current "fear" is double Broncos, Chargers and the Bengals on the road. IF we can win all of those, we MIGHT get the 2nd seed which I am cool with. #1 seed? Ummmm, not so sure.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09:39 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Patriots have a doable path, for sure. The Chiefs have to run the table. If we do, the Patriots can lose the lead on us if they lose one game, just one game. But they don't have many potential losses on their calendar -- the duo with Buffalo is about it for them. So if we lose once, which I expect we'll do, we almost certainly lose out.

Baltimore has to lose twice, of course, if we run the table. Baltimore has a hell of a schedule ahead of them and very well may lose twice.

I just think the hardest equation here is us running the table -- we have a doable schedule but expecting perfection down the stretch is hard for anyone, much less our mistake prone squad this year.
Baltimore has to face Cincy/Green Bay/LAR still. I could see 2 losses out of those three games, esp. since Cincy beat Baltimore 41-17 the first time they played.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 71
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up