ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3414 of 3903
« First < 2414291433143364340434103411341234133414 3415341634173418342434643514 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 01:59 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Probably depends on what you include in "distribution." I don't think it's been an issue getting it to the states, but from there it's been a range of "going great" in some areas to "complete chaos" in others. I'm not sure what they're planning, but hypothetically if they could actually get the national guard infrastructure in place to help with local distribution and administration, it could help. Maybe.
The biggest issue with getting shots in arms is trust. People need to be shown it's safe and trust the process of it.

How do you think that would go if there are tents with soldiers in gas mask giving shots in arms?

It needs to go thru dr's and pharmacists who do this regularly and who regularly interact with patients.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:02 PM 01-21-2021
Where I live, people are having a very difficult time getting scheduled. Imagine people aged 75 and older needing to check a website regularly to get scheduling information.

Most vaccine centers near me are completely booked.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:06 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Seems weird since everyone I know in healthcare in 3 states has gotten the vaccine and they are moving to 1B tier 3 in Missouri as soon as next week.

We are telling employees over 65 and with high risk factors to contact physicians immediately to schedule vaccinations. We don't have hardly any older employees but quite a few with type 2 diabetes. They made the BMI 40 and I just looked that up we don't have too many of those.
I work for a healthcare and vaccinator company here in MO and we got the first initial Pfizer doses and I can tell you not every healthcare worker is getting one currently for a couple of reasons (not enough doses or they don't want it).

We are signing up people now and will be doing more clinics in the next couple of weeks.

Also we were told for 1B that MO is doing this by the honor system so if anyone wants one sign up with your local vaccinators.

As far as the no plan, the Feds didn't have a plan but we do now it sounds like.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:09 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The biggest issue with getting shots in arms is trust. People need to be shown it's safe and trust the process of it.

How do you think that would go if there are tents with soldiers in gas mask giving shots in arms?

It needs to go thru dr's and pharmacists who do this regularly and who regularly interact with patients.
I suppose, but out here the waiting list is hundreds of thousands of people long. We just don't have enough healthcare workers to handle it. Our governor is asking veterinarians and dental workers to help out because we just don't have the capacity to do it. We have one county that is giving them out in a car wash drive through to try and speed it up as much as possible.

Down the road once we've caught up? Sure. Some people will feel more comfortable in the traditional routes. But right now? Speed is more important than anything.
[Reply]
Donger 02:13 PM 01-21-2021
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...eparedness.pdf

Plan released for review.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:20 PM 01-21-2021

That would be awesome.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:39 PM 01-21-2021
The National Guard had already been assisting here but were deployed to staff the inauguration in both DC and the state capital. They're expected to be redeployed to testing sites throughout the state in the following days.
[Reply]
tooge 03:11 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, I have talked with several who have had Moderna and several more who have had Pfizer. You are the only one I know who had a "sore arm" after Pfizer. I mean mine was a touch tender about 12 hours later but never amounted to what I would call sore. I just took 2 advil before I went to bed since I am a side sleeper.
I've asked a ton of people and to this point the only difference I've seen between Moderna and Pfizer is that the Phizer guys dicks got bigger and fatter while the Moderna guys got slightly smaller. I think Kansas got Moderna.
[Reply]
tooge 03:13 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:

Simply enough. Give the vaccines that Trump had made with operation light speed into peoples arms as fast as possible using platforms like Amazon who will now agree to do so.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:27 PM 01-21-2021

I like the sound of this.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:27 PM 01-21-2021

I don't care who is giving the shot. There needs to be as many injections as possible and fast as possible.
[Reply]
Donger 03:31 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
Simply enough. Give the vaccines that Trump had made with operation light speed into peoples arms as fast as possible using platforms like Amazon who will now agree to do so.
I'm waiting for Operation Folded Space, myself.
[Reply]
Donger 05:26 PM 01-21-2021
Dr. Fauci gave a briefing on the existing vaccines and the mutations regarding efficacy.

Can that be posted?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:44 PM 01-21-2021
Dr. Fauci gave a briefing on the existing vaccines and the mutations regarding efficacy.

Can that be posted?
Don't see why not. As long as we're sticking to discussion about facts and not about our opinions of people, it's fine.
[Reply]
TLO 05:46 PM 01-21-2021

Can that be posted?
Please do post. I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say.
[Reply]
Page 3414 of 3903
« First < 2414291433143364340434103411341234133414 3415341634173418342434643514 > Last »
Up