ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3413 of 3903
« First < 2413291333133363340334093410341134123413 3414341534163417342334633513 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:48 PM 01-21-2021
It would be nice to get some transparency on the current vaccine bottleneck. For a while it was the states getting it into people's arms. Now it seems like the states are catching up and running out of vaccine (which might explain why they never seemed to be in that bag of a hurry in the first place). So that would mean the bottleneck is either manufacturing or distribution. And if manufacturing, what part and what are we doing to fix it? I read something that said it was the vials - which is madness if true.

Has anyone seen a recent article that lays out the current state of affairs in any kind of detail? All i can find are nonsense contentless pieces.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:50 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I was in the Pfizer group and got the sore arm. It didn't last all that long though.
Well, I have talked with several who have had Moderna and several more who have had Pfizer. You are the only one I know who had a "sore arm" after Pfizer. I mean mine was a touch tender about 12 hours later but never amounted to what I would call sore. I just took 2 advil before I went to bed since I am a side sleeper.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:53 PM 01-21-2021
Holiday week may play into it but yesterday was the lowest cases for a Wednesday in the past couple of months.
[Reply]
O.city 12:55 PM 01-21-2021
So in terms of the "new strains and such" and will the vaccines still work.

All the current vaccines produce polyclonal antibodies. Meaning, they bind to multiple areas of the spike. So theoretically, a single point mutation shoudln't change much.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:06 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It would be nice to get some transparency on the current vaccine bottleneck. For a while it was the states getting it into people's arms. Now it seems like the states are catching up and running out of vaccine (which might explain why they never seemed to be in that bag of a hurry in the first place). So that would mean the bottleneck is either manufacturing or distribution. And if manufacturing, what part and what are we doing to fix it? I read something that said it was the vials - which is madness if true.

Has anyone seen a recent article that lays out the current state of affairs in any kind of detail? All i can find are nonsense contentless pieces.
It's such a complex process, and it's been decentralized to this point, so I'm not sure there's truly anyone who entirely knows where the bottlenecks lie.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:11 PM 01-21-2021
The only part that's decentralized is the last mile of states getting it into people's arms. The rest is supposed to be part of Operation Warp Speed.

Now you can argue the feds should be helping the states, and maybe they will soon. But I just want some freaking transparency on where the bottlenecks are right now wrt to distribution to the states and manufacturing. Just tell me what the hold up is and what's being done to fix it. Don't leak vague BS to CNN about their being "no plan" - whose sole purpose is to lower expecations.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:19 PM 01-21-2021
The only part that's decentralized is the last mile of states getting it into people's arms. The rest is supposed to be part of Operation Warp Speed.

Now you can argue the feds should be helping the states, and maybe they will soon. But I just want some freaking transparency on where the bottlenecks are right now wrt to distribution to the states and manufacturing. Just tell me what the hold up is and what's being done to fix it. Don't leak vague BS to CNN about their being "no plan" - whose sole purpose is to lower expecations.
Part of the EO's being signed today is making all covid data public and having dashboards etc. Most if not all of this data was not taken or decentralized. You are going to have to be patient.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:25 PM 01-21-2021

I can't speak at all to specifics of this vaccine, but there have been raw goods issues for months. If it's a vials issue, I wouldn't be surprised. It comes and goes a bit, but there are basic medical goods - things like Microbiology plates, which we cannot get. So we use an inferior product, change process, etc. It is madness right now.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:31 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
My first round of Moderna was yesterday and yeah my arm is sore as all get out.
Symptoms on second Moderna vaccine seem to be worse. I got my second on Tuesday, and my arm was a bit sore - but less than first time. I was quite tired though. Most of my coworkers do get symptoms with the second shot- fatigue, fever, headaches, joint aches. Those seem to be the worst. Seems to start around 12 hours after, and end within 36 or less.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:37 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They are signing the DPA this morning and apparently there was little to no vaccine distribution plan. Going to take a little bit.
Seems weird since everyone I know in healthcare in 3 states has gotten the vaccine and they are moving to 1B tier 3 in Missouri as soon as next week.

We are telling employees over 65 and with high risk factors to contact physicians immediately to schedule vaccinations. We don't have hardly any older employees but quite a few with type 2 diabetes. They made the BMI 40 and I just looked that up we don't have too many of those.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:51 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Azide22:
I can't speak at all to specifics of this vaccine, but there have been raw goods issues for months. If it's a vials issue, I wouldn't be surprised. It comes and goes a bit, but there are basic medical goods - things like Microbiology plates, which we cannot get. So we use an inferior product, change process, etc. It is madness right now.
Thanks for the inside info.

So this sounds like it's probably shortages of raw materials in manufacturing, which I was kind of assuming. It doesn't seem like distribution is the issue, and the states are lagging but about to run out of supply so it doesn't seem like they're the issue.

I wonder if the DPA can help with these raw material and subcomponent supply issues?
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 01-21-2021
The distribution stuff seems to me to be the new administration trying to lower expectations.

I know political and all but I don't really think it's been a huge problem?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:54 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The distribution stuff seems to me to be the new administration trying to lower expectations.

Probably depends on what you include in "distribution." I don't think it's been an issue getting it to the states, but from there it's been a range of "going great" in some areas to "complete chaos" in others. I'm not sure what they're planning, but hypothetically if they could actually get the national guard infrastructure in place to help with local distribution and administration, it could help. Maybe.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:54 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yeah agreed - distribution to the states seems to be a bright spot.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:58 PM 01-21-2021
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...06e3_live.html

Biden speaking now, saying he's going to use DPA.
[Reply]
Page 3413 of 3903
« First < 2413291333133363340334093410341134123413 3414341534163417342334633513 > Last »
Up