ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 79
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:48 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
People rage about how the Chiefs would never draft a QB early. They do. Now people rage about how the Chiefs should have drafted a different QB early. People also rage about how the Chiefs won't start the rookie early enough.

Some people are going to rage no matter what. :-)

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:00 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
is there anyone on here that thinks Mahomes is a flop waiting to happen? We should have took Watson?
Deberg.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:00 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Creepy picture.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:03 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
is there anyone on here that thinks Mahomes is a flop waiting to happen? We should have took Watson?

Yes. That dipshit 19now11 thinks he's a bust
[Reply]
rico 08:07 PM 10-29-2017
Watson to me, is a mirage. When I watch him, I see a guy who makes some Cassel-esque plays and gets away with it and makes some plays that Hopkins bails him out of. I see a very lucky player so far...I think he will fade away eventually.

I am glad we selected Mahomes. I think we got the better guy.

I am impressed with Watson's scrambling ability and that hit he put on DJ on that fumble recovery. I thought he showed excellent presence of mind when he did that. I mean, no comparisons to Cassel there...Straight up impressive. Can't deny that.

The guy will fade away though and it may take a season or two longer than it took RG3 to do so.
[Reply]
-King- 08:14 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Watson to me, is a mirage. When I watch him, I see a guy who makes some Cassel-esque plays and gets away with it and makes some plays that Hopkins bails him out of. I see a very lucky player so far...I think he will fade away eventually.

I am glad we selected Mahomes. I think we got the better guy.

I am impressed with Watson's scrambling ability and that hit he put on DJ on that fumble recovery. I thought he showed excellent presence of mind when he did that. I mean, no comparisons to Cassel there...Straight up impressive. Can't deny that.

The guy will fade away though and it may take a season or two longer than it took RG3 to do so.
Which were his cassel-esque plays that he was bailed out on today?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:17 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There's no such thing as the "it" factor. It's a bullshit cliche made up by journalists and sports media.

Keeping calm, possessing great vision, and executing with precision during pressure situations are all things you can talk about, but there's no such thing as an "it" factor or "clutch gene" or any of that other ****ing garbage bullshit.
I could not disagree more with your take.

There are people who want the ball when it matters. There are people who are solid but freeze at the moment of truth...and there are people who are just clutch. Every team has that one person who is more likely to make the game winning shot/catch/kick.

"IT" is the ability to control emotions when it matters...to control fear or anxiety....the calm in the storm.

You see the person with it on a sports team(not all of them), on the job, in a military squad....or in a rare quarterback.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:32 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I could not disagree more with your take.

There are people who want the ball when it matters. There are people who are solid but freeze at the moment of truth...and there are people who are just clutch. Every team has that one person who is more likely to make the game winning shot/catch/kick.

"IT" is the ability to control emotions when it matters...to control fear or anxiety....the calm in the storm.

You see the person with it on a sports team(not all of them), on the job, in a military squad....or in a rare quarterback.
I disagree with your take on his take. There just isn't a "clutch gene" nor is it a tangible attribute.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:35 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

Comparing a guy with 21 TDs in 7 games to Cassel :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:49 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
Should the Panthers, Vikings, and Jags have drafted Kareem??
No. I'm quite ecstatic with Fournette.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10-29-2017, 08:53 PM
This message has been deleted by Setsuna. Reason: oops
Eleazar 09:00 PM 10-29-2017
SEATTLE -- With four passing touchdowns Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks, Houston Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson continued his historic start, passing Kurt Warner with 19 touchdowns through his first seven career NFL games, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Watson also passed Peyton Manning, Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott for the most three-passing-touchdown games in a season (four) by a rookie quarterback since the 1970 merger.
[Reply]
rico 09:13 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't watch the game today.
[Reply]
rico 09:13 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Comparing a guy with 21 TDs in 7 games to Cassel :-):-):-)
Haha glimpses dude...there have been glimpses where I have thought, "what the fuck was that?!"
[Reply]
splatbass 09:29 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was making bad throws in preseason as well as good ones. He should have had like 3 picks alone in the Titans game.

He's not there mentally and that's okay. We want him to be more Aaron Rodgers and not Brett Favre.
Some people just don't have patience. They waited a long time for a 1st round pick and don't want to wait for him to start. I get that. But it isn't the best thing for Mahomes or the Chiefs. So to those people, just relax, his day will come. And it will be better when it comes because he sat a year.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:44 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I disagree with your take on his take. There just isn't a "clutch gene" nor is it a tangible attribute.

There is no DNA strand that can be seen in a microscope but there is a reason joe Montana made those late plays...there is a reason Elway broke so many hearts at the end of games.

Some people have a unique ability to focus and perform under circumstances that overwhelm most others. Pure, raw talent is part of it, practice and repetition are part of it, but we all know there are players we assume will shit the bed in that last minute kick, or the Matt cassels who will throw that pick to end the 2 minute drill.

You can't see a fart in an elevator but it's there.

I'm not sure how Watsons career will g but right now he's on fire and looks legit. I still believe that mahomes has potential to be very good....and given the Chiefs history at QB that's good enough for now.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 79
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Up