ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3238 of 4813
« First < 2238273831383188322832343235323632373238 323932403241324232483288333837384238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:02 AM 09-14-2022
In some ways...the media created unrealistic expectations for Donks fans.

I have yet to see any statistics that indicated that Denver was only a functional QB away from being a serious contender. You have professional media manipulators like Cowherd saying the Doinks were going to win the AFC...not just the AFCW.

Imagine the shock when reality doesnt match the fantasy...all off-season they were fed a constant stream of false hope. Like giving the fat kid a participation trophy...

They completely ignored any red flags and glorified what they could... never mentioning they played a last place schedule...which skews numbers.

They looked pretty much how I expected them to look...should be just a touch better than the bottom feeders. They are the 2021 Seahawks just rebranded as a horse...only in a division with 2 of the best 4 QBs in the NFL.

Hackett is going to be hung out to dry...he is their FO scapegoat. All anger/disappointment will be focused on him. Nobody is going to mention Jeudy dropping a wide open pass at a critical point...or they fact they were even in a 3rd and 14 with the game on the line...or the fact that Wilson only targeted their "all world WRs" two times the entire first half....or that Geno was like 16 for 17 at one point.

It's just Hackett sucks but the team...the team is special. Same narative with Fangio....I'm sure he got a chuckle out of last night.

The real question is how long the "new car smell' lasts with Wilson...it took all of one game for the fans to turn on Hackett. Once they realize Mr. Unlimited isn't their savior and his price tag continuously guts their team's resources...while sleeping in a $25 million house.

I'm looking into my crystal ball...and seeing Donk fans slowly transitioning into the sea of boos that Wilson got from his previous fans.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:43 AM 09-14-2022
So, I am probably going to get buried for this, but I don't think the decision to kick a FG was that bad.

More than likely, Hackett's Special Teams Coordinator told him that McManus was hitting from 64, or even 65-67 in warm-ups.

A good HC listens to his coordinators. Earlier in the game Hackett engineered offensive drives that should have been TDs, but instead his players shit themselves and had 2 fumbles on the goal line.

His players let him down in a big way. Maybe he thought that on a night when his players fumbled twice at the goal line, he would trust his STC instead.

If McManus hits the FG, the press conference would be about how Hackett's faith in his STC led to the win. He would be praised for believing in his kicker, and McManus' teammates would be praising him for being clutch.

But, what we didn't hear in any of the press conferences was Brandon McManus throwing his teammates under the bus for fumbling. This could become a bonding moment for that team, because the loss isn't just on Hackett's decision to kick, and because no one is throwing anymore under the bus, even if they deserve to be speed bumps, and that can build chemistry.

I honestly think that Hackett is going to be much better than Fangio or Joseph. Two fumbles at the goal line is some unlucky shit not seen since Marty Schottenheimer lost on The Drive and The Fumble in back to back playoffs.

Hell, maybe this was Karma getting Denver back for both of those wins against Marty.

Maybe Hackett is trash, but I don't think one game is proof.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:27 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
So, I am probably going to get buried for this, but I don't think the decision to kick a FG was that bad.

More than likely, Hackett's Special Teams Coordinator told him that McManus was hitting from 64, or even 65-67 in warm-ups.

A good HC listens to his coordinators. Earlier in the game Hackett engineered offensive drives that should have been TDs, but instead his players shit themselves and had 2 fumbles on the goal line.

His players let him down in a big way. Maybe he thought that on a night when his players fumbled twice at the goal line, he would trust his STC instead.

If McManus hits the FG, the press conference would be about how Hackett's faith in his STC led to the win. He would be praised for believing in his kicker, and McManus' teammates would be praising him for being clutch.

But, what we didn't hear in any of the press conferences was Brandon McManus throwing his teammates under the bus for fumbling. This could become a bonding moment for that team, because the loss isn't just on Hackett's decision to kick, and because no one is throwing anymore under the bus, even if they deserve to be speed bumps, and that can build chemistry.

I honestly think that Hackett is going to be much better than Fangio or Joseph. Two fumbles at the goal line is some unlucky shit not seen since Marty Schottenheimer lost on The Drive and The Fumble in back to back playoffs.

Hell, maybe this was Karma getting Denver back for both of those wins against Marty.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:31 AM 09-14-2022
Its week one. There are only a few teams that have no chance and being in the SB. Jets, Houston, Lions, Bears, Seattle. Many super long shots not listed but these teams will not for sure.
[Reply]
TEX 04:55 AM 09-14-2022

Don't be "That guy." It was a bad decision. But I loved it! :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:09 AM 09-14-2022

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:16 AM 09-14-2022

All of that poor execution for a Week 1 game isn't an indictment on the head coach and the job he's doing?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:21 AM 09-14-2022
It was an awful decision. Even Hackett’s admitting it now. They weren’t up against the 85 Bears defense. They were playing a terrible Seattle defense that was giving up 5+ yard chunks all day. I would have been surprised if they didn’t convert on 4th and 5.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:47 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
How did Paton’s draft class do last night Knowmo?
It’s not very easy for a rookie to start on a loaded roster.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:50 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Which makes Seattle’s class even more impressive, since they are clearly better than Denver.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:50 AM 09-14-2022
It’s not very easy for a jag to start on a roster loaded with jags.
Fyp
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:52 AM 09-14-2022
Best part is, he probably actually believes this. :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:56 AM 09-14-2022
Your loaded roster just lost to a team that started a career backup qb and who will be picking in the top 5 next year. LOADED!

Fucking clown
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:57 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All of that poor execution for a Week 1 game isn't an indictment on the head coach and the job he's doing?
Should every team be prepared for week 1? Yes, absolutely. But losing the first and only game of his head coaching career does not automatically make Hackett the same as Fangio or Joseph.

[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:00 AM 09-14-2022
Should every team be prepared for week 1? Yes, absolutely. But losing the first and only game of his head coaching career does not automatically make Hackett the same as Fangio or Joseph.

It’s not that he lost, it's how he lost. He made some of the most stupid decisions I've seen an NFL head coach ever make.

If that was any indication of what's to come, it's going to be a looong year for the donktards
[Reply]
Page 3238 of 4813
« First < 2238273831383188322832343235323632373238 323932403241324232483288333837384238 > Last »
Up