ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the LA Chargers ( Week 3)
TLO 09:24 PM 09-19-2021
We're on to the Chargers, and our first noon game of the season.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:02 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I have much more faith in the defense against a team that will want to throw instead of run.

Why? We have no pass rush.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:19 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I have much more faith in the defense against a team that will want to throw instead of run.

That’s not saying much though.
Unfortunately, teams like Baltimore, Cleveland, and Tennessee are teams they might face in the playoffs. Also, passing teams will look to run more knowing the Chiefs can't stop it. Don't expect opposing teams to give them any breaks. The Chiefs have to contain the run somewhat.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:21 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why? We have no pass rush.
It will look better against the Chargers. When you don’t have to worry about a team running 99% of the time…it helps.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:23 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It will look better against the Chargers. When you don’t have to worry about a team running 99% of the time…it helps.
You don't think the Chargers running backs (doesn't matter who) can have success against this run defense?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:31 AM 09-22-2021
We never play well against the Chargers I feel like. I like our chances in this one but the one in LA will be a dog fight.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:32 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
You don't think the Chargers running backs (doesn't matter who) can have success against this run defense?
The Chargers RBs aren’t Lamar Jackson. Hard to rush the passer with any consistency when the QB is a threat to take off every time.

I’m not excusing the lack of pass rush this last game but look at what Jones did against Mayfield that first game. We had success because he wasn’t Lamar.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:33 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Mild success. The Chargers don't want to run the ball. They want Herbie to throw it all over the yard.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:36 AM 09-22-2021
The thing is, even when weve been bad against the run weve been able to shut down teams like TEN. I dont understand how we suddenly got this damn bad at it.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:41 AM 09-22-2021
The defense was just getting press the only way they could, with this offensive powerhouse. League sources say it will correct it's self this week.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:43 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The thing is, even when weve been bad against the run weve been able to shut down teams like TEN. I dont understand how we suddenly got this damn bad at it.
Those teams don't have Lamar Jackson. The guy is a generational runner (and I'm not using that word sarcastically this time). More often than not he is going to embarass your run defence and make them look like crap.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:11 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
BTW is Gay eligible to come back this week? Reid said he was getting close.
I think its a mandatory 3 game sit being on IR
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:12 PM 09-22-2021
It is. He can't come back until next week at the earliest.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:52 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We never play well against the Chargers I feel like. I like our chances in this one but the one in LA will be a dog fight.
The fuck you talking about. Chiefs have owned them. 12-2 over the last 7 years. 1 loss with Henne and the other the officials basically gave them the game
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:13 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The fuck you talking about. Chiefs have owned them. 12-2 over the last 7 years. 1 loss with Henne and the other the officials basically gave them the game
Check the replays. heck, check the box scores for the last 4 years. Pretty sure KC has only dominated LAC once in that frame. The rest of the games have been pretty closely played match-ups.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:22 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Chargers RBs aren’t Lamar Jackson. Hard to rush the passer with any consistency when the QB is a threat to take off every time.

I’m not excusing the lack of pass rush this last game but look at what Jones did against Mayfield that first game. We had success because he wasn’t Lamar.
Its amazing how few people understand that playing the Ravens offense is absolutely nothing like playing a conventional NFL offense.

You cant base anything off that game when it comes to defending the Chargers except the DB's better play better.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up