ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3647 of 3903
« First < 2647314735473597363736433644364536463647 3648364936503651365736973747 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 06:36 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He said a ban "probably isn't too far off."

That's the exact opposite?
I read that quote as being that you’ve walked up to the line but they decided to allow it, but I see your interpretation that they might change that policy soon.
[Reply]
SupDock 06:40 PM 08-11-2021
Medicare paid huge sums for every patient admitted for Covid and triple that figure for every patient treated with a ventilator.

I'm not saying there was widespread abuse, but there definitely was at certain hospitals like Elmhurst in Queens.
Would I believe that being intubated in the ICU triple the cost of a hospital stay? Absolutely

If that person wasn’t actually sick enough to be in the ICU, sounds like it would make more sense to keep discharging and admitting new patients than it would to have someone on a ventilator for two weeks

Your argument is so easy to break down logically. But after making an accusation you’ve already admitted that it is very unlikely this was occurring in a widespread fashion.

Is there a possibility of abuse of Medicare funds? Sure. Physicians get in trouble for this all the time. I think this is a very unlikely source of inflated COVID numbers in any significant manner
[Reply]
tredadda 06:55 PM 08-11-2021
I've never trusted Big Pharma, and I don't see a reason to trust them more simply because corporate media is painting them as our saviors right now.

Two years ago Pharma had sunk to dead last in US industry ratings according to a Gallup poll. Amazing turnaround.
Probably because their medications are horrifically overpriced, not because of the effectiveness of their medications.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:56 PM 08-11-2021
So you want this place to be as fascistic as Facebook? Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
What would you need to see to change your stance on the vaccines?
[Reply]
loochy 07:00 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
A case of COVID
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:02 PM 08-11-2021
I'm honestly just shocked how many people still use Facebook.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:20 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
A case of COVID
Been there.

Wasn’t fun, as I’d never dealt with shortness of breath before, but a few puffs from my woman’s inhaler and a couple days rest and I was good to go. I don’t think I even missed any work. Maybe a few hours.

I think the supplements I was taking were a big help.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:27 PM 08-11-2021
Been there.

Wasn’t fun, as I’d never dealt with shortness of breath before, but a few puffs from my woman’s inhaler and a couple days rest and I was good to go. I don’t think I even missed any work. Maybe a few hours.

So you went to work while having covid?
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 PM 08-11-2021
Been there.

What would it take to change your stance on the vaccine?
[Reply]
Monticore 07:42 PM 08-11-2021
Been there.

Why do you trust supplements? to my knowledge they are less regulated than pharmaceuticals and still make tons of money for the manufacturers?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:47 PM 08-11-2021

I'm here for this. pic.twitter.com/GABaLDmEbZ

— Travon Free (@Travon) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:55 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
My primary stance is that money is/was the biggest driving force. I don't think anything can change that.

I don't have any strong positions on safety or risks at this point. I'm just highly skeptical and I think the CDC is underreporting reactions.

The fact that the control groups have been eliminated (at least in the case of Pfizer and Moderna) will make it very difficult to assess their true safety and efficacy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:03 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why do you trust supplements? to my knowledge they are less regulated than pharmaceuticals and still make tons of money for the manufacturers?
I'm selective and mostly use products that are third party certified.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:04 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Wish I could give this more than one thumbs up.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:05 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
So you went to work while having covid?
Been working from home for well over a year.
[Reply]
Page 3647 of 3903
« First < 2647314735473597363736433644364536463647 3648364936503651365736973747 > Last »
Up