ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3552 of 3903
« First < 2552305234523502354235483549355035513552 3553355435553556356236023652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 02:28 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@michaelshure: Yesterday, of the 398 COVID patients hospitalized in LA County, zero were vaccinated https://twitter.com/ktla/status/1415781582091161601
Well...they will be, if they make it out okay
[Reply]
sedated 02:31 PM 07-16-2021
Curious what people think when they see someone out with a mask currently. Do you assume they are vaccinated and overly cautious? Or has the mask become the identifier of someone who isn't vaccinated?
[Reply]
TLO 02:59 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Curious what people think when they see someone out with a mask currently. Do you assume they are vaccinated and overly cautious? Or has the mask become the identifier of someone who isn't vaccinated?
I see so few people in masks anymore that the people I do see wearing them stick out like a sore thumb.

I generally assume the people wearing the mask have some sort of health issue.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:00 PM 07-16-2021
I think it’s someone being careful trying to protect themselves from the unvaccinated lol
[Reply]
DaFace 03:01 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I think it’s someone being careful trying to protect themselves from the unvaccinated lol
Yep. I have to assume it's a very small percentage of unvaccinated people who are still wearing masks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:02 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I see so few people in masks anymore that the people I do see wearing them stick out like a sore thumb.

Yep. I see maybe 1 or 2 per 50 people. I either assume they're either overly cautious or have another health issue.

There's no way it's an indicator of vaccination because that would mean we're at like 90% here and I'm sure it's more like 40%.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:03 PM 07-16-2021

I assume it's 3 things,they're being cautious and have loved ones that could be effected even if they are vaccinated, 2 that small percent that isn't vaccinated and is doing what they can till they get a reason to get it and 3 have health issues and don't trust most people since vaccination numbers are low.

All kids under 12 should be masking up with delta
[Reply]
NotDonger 03:20 PM 07-16-2021
The former, by far.

I've actually noticed in my area an increase in people wearing masks. A few weeks ago, it was maybe 5% wearing. I went to the local "grocery store" today and it was probably 20%
[Reply]
TLO 03:26 PM 07-16-2021
Something else I was pondering over today. I think we're lucky we're having this rise in cases during the summer. I think this particular variant is transmissible enough that the heat and humidity have a limited impact on it, but at the same time I think if this were to hit during winter there would be an even higher case total throughout the country.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:28 PM 07-16-2021
Something else I was pondering over today. I think we're lucky we're having this rise in cases during the summer. I think this particular variant is transmissible enough that the heat and humidity have a limited impact on it, but at the same time I think if this were to hit during winter there would be an even higher case total throughout the country.
I think it's highly likely this will spike again this fall. Hopefully nowhere near the levels we saw last fall, but I have to believe it's coming.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:33 PM 07-16-2021
If I am by myself I don't really care since I am vaccinated. However, if I am with my kids (6 and 8), I am probably masked up to set an example for them and I damn sure assume the person is non-vaccinated just for safety and try to steer clear. My opinion of the average person has definitely not improved since March 2020.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:35 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think it's highly likely this will spike again this fall. Hopefully nowhere near the levels we saw last fall, but I have to believe it's coming.
I think the spikes could come from the schools in areas where they stop requiring masks for un-vaccinated kids/teachers. And also just the general opening up of mass events like concerts and such. The calendar up here in the Chicago area for concerts and stuff like that is huge.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:40 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
If I am by myself I don't really care since I am vaccinated. However, if I am with my kids (6 and 8), I am probably masked up to set an example for them and I damn sure assume the person is non-vaccinated just for safety and try to steer clear. My opinion of the average person has definitely not improved since March 2020.
When we are out with our kid we do the same. My daughter never had an issue wearing them and we just don't want her to feel isolated. I definitely don't want to get it and get her sick.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:42 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I think the spikes could come from the schools in areas where they stop requiring masks for un-vaccinated kids/teachers. And also just the general opening up of mass events like concerts and such. The calendar up here in the Chicago area for concerts and stuff like that is huge.
Is Chicago still heavily masked up? I was up there memorial day weekend and even outdoors it was like 95% masks
[Reply]
loochy 03:42 PM 07-16-2021

Lol. The unvaccinated are the ones that don't give a damn, so they're definitely not the ones wearing masks.
[Reply]
Page 3552 of 3903
« First < 2552305234523502354235483549355035513552 3553355435553556356236023652 > Last »
Up