ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Hall of Classics>What would you do if your neighbor....
TrebMaxx 03:56 PM 01-09-2009
I would have gone and asked them politely if something could be worked out. Even now I would suggest to do the same before any charges are brought and if they react like jackass go through with the courts. If they respond favorably, maybe they just didn't realize how the light intruded on you, then call the city prosecutor's office and request to drop the compliant.
[Reply]
kepp 04:29 PM 01-09-2009
Yeah, I'm thinking you always have to try the civil approach first without making assumptions about their response. Try to work it out with them and if that doesn't work, you're absolutely entitled to get the law involved.
[Reply]
cardken 05:28 PM 01-09-2009
There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:31 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by cardken:
There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.
Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....
[Reply]
cardken 05:36 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....
Best of luck
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:57 PM 01-09-2009
Buy a really loud dog and put him outside at roughly the same time the light comes on.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:59 PM 01-09-2009
i remember we had this light outside to stop intruders from coming on our property. We had to take it down, next day I was raped
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:07 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
i remember we had this light outside to stop intruders from coming on our property. We had to take it down, next day I was raped
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DeezNutz 04:00 PM 01-09-2009
Maybe we can nominate the CP poster who is the most fluent in dumbass to write them a really nice note asking for their cooperation?

I'm not teeing this up for anyone. TIA.

Edit: I was writing this when Pete typed his response. Purely a coincidence. lol.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 04:01 PM 01-09-2009
You are afraid to go over and talk to them because it may lead to confrontation, but you are willing to file a complaint and have the police go to them? That's not confrontational? That's like skipping the dog dare and going right to the triple dog dare.

Ring the bell, introduce yourself and ask them if they noticed the tree you planted. Explain to them you planted the tree because of their light and you didn't want to cause problems, but during the winter months the tree doesn't shade you at all and the light is a problem.

If they are decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot for not coming to them sooner and they will do something about the light. If they aren't decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot and to get off their property at which time you file the complaint and buy a spotlight that illuminates the top of your fence where you just hung your brand new thermometer that you must checki all night long.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:12 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
You are afraid to go over and talk to them because it may lead to confrontation, but you are willing to file a complaint and have the police go to them? That's not confrontational? That's like skipping the dog dare and going right to the triple dog dare.

Ring the bell, introduce yourself and ask them if they noticed the tree you planted. Explain to them you planted the tree because of their light and you didn't want to cause problems, but during the winter months the tree doesn't shade you at all and the light is a problem.

If they are decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot for not coming to them sooner and they will do something about the light. If they aren't decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot and to get off their property at which time you file the complaint and buy a spotlight that illuminates the top of your fence where you just hung your brand new thermometer that you must checki all night long.

No, that's called keeping my ass or their ass out of jail over a petty argument that could erupt.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 04:15 PM 01-09-2009
No, that's called keeping my ass or their ass out of jail over a petty argument that could erupt.
so you're the one who will start the fight?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:20 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by badmajama:
so you're the one who will start the fight?
Ye, I am going to start a fight......:-)
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 04:16 PM 01-09-2009
just move to the country, not my part though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:14 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

I agree with this.

Log off ChiefsPlanet and walk your ass over to the next trailer and ask them very nicely to do something about the light so you can sit in the back of your trailerbed...err I mean deck while not being blinded to death.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up