ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3887 of 3903
« First < 2887338737873837387738833884388538863887 38883889389038913897 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 07:51 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
My 65 yr old mother got it and had a cough and sore throat. Never had a fever. She has fibromyalgia and is a cancer survivor and got through it pretty well. She is 3x vaxxed. Myself the wife and kid were exposed and never got it. So glad it wasn't worse for her.
Interesting how it impacts people differently.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:22 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
It really is. Myself and the guy I work with (that I most likely got it from) got hit hard. His wife tested positive, but for her it was just like a minor cold. My wife thus far has been fine, testing negative.

All of us Vaxxed and Boosted.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:24 AM 07-03-2022
It is a really complex situation. Looking at:

Different strains
People with varying levels of vaccination
Different ages
Different levels of general health
Different viral loads when they get infected/exposed

Luckily the current strains that seem to be very infectious even for people already vaccinated, don’t seem to cause the worst symptoms.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:54 AM 07-03-2022
If person A has tested positive and person B living with person A start showing symptoms, it is safe to assume that person B is infected, regardless of the testing status of person B.

My wife was person B. On the day she tested the test had the faintest line imaginable. It could have easily been read as a negative test. But her symptoms were worse than mine.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:58 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by cdcox:
It is a really complex situation. Looking at:

Different strains
People with varying levels of vaccination
Different ages
Different levels of general health
Different viral loads when they get infected/exposed

Luckily the current strains that seem to be very infectious even for people already vaccinated, don’t seem to cause the worst symptoms.
Well at this point, there aren't many people who are neither unvaccinated nor have never gotten it. So most people have some base immunity, even if it takes a while to ramp up.

If the current strain was the original strain it may have caused worse symptoms.

But it's true, it's probably not as severe. However, the current strain still seems to be debilitating enough (for a week or so) to a good chunk of the people who get it. It's just getting less attention.

Hopefully we don't get any new strains from this point on that are worse, but there are no guarantees of that.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:45 AM 07-03-2022
It is. My perfectly healthy neighbor who is a few years younger was 2x vaxxed at the time had to go to the hospital to get breathing treatments a few times and was sick for 10 days with fevers chills etc. My uncle who was 3x vaxxed had to have a breathing treatment once and had a terrible cough and aches. Both of them way healthier than my mother.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:46 AM 07-03-2022
Woke up Friday feeling like a fucking truck hit me. Body aches, feverish, all I wanted to do was lay down and die basically. Self test returned positive. Vaxxed and boosted. Have spent the past two days bed ridden and hacking up my lungs. This thing SUCKS.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:56 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Woke up Friday feeling like a ****ing truck hit me. Body aches, feverish, all I wanted to do was lay down and die basically. Self test returned positive. Vaxxed and boosted. Have spent the past two days bed ridden and hacking up my lungs. This thing SUCKS.
Yeah, man it's rough as hell. I started to get symptoms last Sunday night. Today is the first day I feel somewhat normal. Still coughing, but overall feel pretty good.

FWIW, I took a home test Monday and it showed negative. Went to urgent care that morning and got a PCR test and the results came back positive on Tuesday. Called my Doctor and he prescribed the Paxlovid Anti-Viral treatment. I don't really have any co-morbidities, but he gave it to me anyway. I'm wondering how much worse I would have been without it? The absolute worst part is the upper-respiratory infection. The coughing and phlegm are unreal. I was in bed pretty much Monday through Friday. Hang tough.

I might attempt a run later this morning...I think I'm feeling up to it.
[Reply]
TLO 09:57 AM 07-03-2022
Just found out my mom tested positive. There goes our 4th of July plans. :-)

She's running a bit of a fever. Scratchy throat. Aches. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Yes it's very anecdotal, but it seems like everyone who has avoided covid over the past couple years is getting it now. (Though she's fairly certain she had it in March 2020 before testing was really a thing)
[Reply]
chinaski 10:01 AM 07-03-2022
Couple things I did...

Lounged in my backyard in the Sun. My thought is the sunlight/Vitamin D aspect.

Showered at least twice a day. If you are shedding the virus, it might help keep the viral load down.

Washed my bedding twice during the week. Again, keep the viral load down.

Took extra Zinc and Vitamin C.

Drank Pedialite.

Lots of water. Herbal tea etc.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 10:03 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Couple things I did...

Showered at least twice a day. If you are shedding the virus, it might help keep the viral load down.

Drank Pedialite.

Smart man. I’m doing a lot of this.
[Reply]
loochy 10:50 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Couple things I did...

Drank Pedialite.

Quite frankly, all of that sounds like stuff you should do anyway
[Reply]
jdubya 12:54 PM 07-03-2022
My wife and son had raspy chest cough/cold....wife tested positive, son was negative. Now my daughter just tested positive and she presents with low grade fever and sore throat. I'm still asymptomatic. Purely anecdotal but maybe I am part of a test group to see if a 6-pack of coors lites prior to bed each night keeps the covid away :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 01:32 PM 07-03-2022
A friend of mine got it a month or so ago and, along with the usual symptoms, she got a really bad rash on her arm. Super weird, but apparently that's a rare presentation as well.
[Reply]
loochy 02:59 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
A friend of mine got it a month or so ago and, along with the usual symptoms, she got a really bad rash on her arm. Super weird, but apparently that's a rare presentation as well.
My son gets molescum and abcesses on his skin when he gets a virus. It's caused by an immune overreaction and it's not unique to covid.
[Reply]
Page 3887 of 3903
« First < 2887338737873837387738833884388538863887 38883889389038913897 > Last »
Up