Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 12:17 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I love that they can't even find anything to rag about. So they rightly rag on the rest of Star Wars not being up to the standard
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 03:09 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
He stated that he hasn't liked the Disney star wars (and pointed to having seen it with his kids), and you jumped into something that I hadn't directly addressed in the first place (notice that I didn't respond to your first response at

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=256. Again, your comprehension is the issue here.
Actually that's not exactly what he said. He said "I've seen all the episodes as my kids watch." Which is curious wording, why not just say you watched it with your kids? I see a lot of stuff on TV that my kids are watching, but I'm not paying very close attention to it.

If I actively am watching a show with my kids I wouldn't say " I saw all the episodes while my kids watched" I would say "I watched that with my kids" The fact that he had to use 2 different words to describe how he & his children viewed the show tells me he wasn't actively watching.

This isn't the type of show that you can have on in the background & just watch the action sequences.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:42 PM 12-21-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 PM 12-25-2022

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:53 AM 12-27-2022
Ok this show was fucking great because they went back to the story telling of Rogue One.

The Rebellion was Morally right but did MORALLY horrible things.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:22 AM 01-02-2023
Late to the party, but I'm really enjoying this so far. I watched the first 5 episodes this weekend. I didn't even think it was that slow (the biggest criticism I heard.) I enjoyed Rogue One so it's probably not surprising since this strikes a similar tone. I'd certainly rate this way above Obi-Wan, which should be a wake up call to someone at Disney (but obviously won't be.)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Late to the party, but I'm really enjoying this so far. I watched the first 5 episodes this weekend. I didn't even think it was that slow (the biggest criticism I heard.) I enjoyed Rogue One so it's probably not surprising since this strikes a similar tone. I'd certainly rate this way above Obi-Wan, which should be a wake up call to someone at Disney (but obviously won't be.)
You haven't even got to the parts that hit yet. Stick with it.

My buddy missed it so I'm re-watching it with him. Definitely recommend that. I missed a PILE of shit, little details and dialogue that weren't critical, but added to the story.

I guess what I'm saying is it's worth a rewatch.

It's really good IMO.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:44 PM 01-04-2023
It makes me sad the obiwan came out before this because there are serious lessons learned in this series that could of helped them tell a more compelling story
[Reply]
Fish 12:02 AM 01-05-2023
I DEMAND A CAD BANE SERIES GODDAMMIT!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:41 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It makes me sad the obiwan came out before this because there are serious lessons learned in this series that could of helped them tell a more compelling story
I haven't heard anything official, but a podcast I listen to absolutely loved it. LOVED IT (rightfully so), but they were complaining that not enough people were watching it.

So if this thing doesn't track well....you can bet there will be more Obi-Wan and less Andor. And much much much more sadness from Buehler445.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:55 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven't heard anything official, but a podcast I listen to absolutely loved it. LOVED IT (rightfully so), but they were complaining that not enough people were watching it.

So if this thing doesn't track well....you can bet there will be more Obi-Wan and less Andor. And much much much more sadness from Buehler445.
I'm hoping Andor has a strong performance during review season. Disney loves accolades, and they could decide to have their "popcorn Star Wars" and their "Star Wars for award season" (which would have felt ridiculous to type out 6 months ago).

Unfortunately, the latter part of that is why Andor might not get seriously considered. Andor getting nominated for Best Drama and Best Actor at the Critic Choice Awards might bode well for the awards shows that follow, though.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:39 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
I DEMAND A CAD BANE SERIES GODDAMMIT!!!
He such a fucking killer actor
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:44 PM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm hoping Andor has a strong performance during review season. Disney loves accolades, and they could decide to have their "popcorn Star Wars" and their "Star Wars for award season" (which would have felt ridiculous to type out 6 months ago).

Unfortunately, the latter part of that is why Andor might not get seriously considered. Andor getting nominated for Best Drama and Best Actor at the Critic Choice Awards might bode well for the awards shows that follow, though.
I'm not saying that it can't happen with Andor, but, just a reminder:

Disney's bleeding cash, and Iger's running out of rival companies he can buy to mask the decline. So don't count on too many pet/specialty projects getting long leashes, regardless of how many awards they earn.

This isn't the era of Hill Street Blues.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:52 PM 01-05-2023
Finished episode 7 last night and something struck me. I don't know if this is accurate or not, but this is the first episode I think I've seen any non-humans. I didn't give it much thought previously but it suddenly felt very obvious to me.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:54 PM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Finished episode 7 last night and something struck me. I don't know if this is accurate or not, but this is the first episode I think I've seen any non-humans. I didn't give it much thought previously but it suddenly felt very obvious to me.
1st scene of episode 1 has a female alien bartender, but she only has 1 line I think. Also in episode 1 there is a giant salamander looking thing that the black guy brings along as intimidation to try to get Andor to pay him whatever he owes.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up