Media Center>Star Wars: Andor
Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:40 PM 11-12-2022
I feel fucking terrible for andy's character :-)

that speech was fucking badass, and i loved the setting...i'm hoping we see Dodonna, Rieekan or Crix Madine in this, they were all imperial defectors
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:48 PM 11-12-2022
skarsgard is all over the place

if you want to see his most fucked up role, watch nymphomaniac

[Reply]
RunKC 01:50 PM 11-12-2022
Skarsgard was pretty fucking crazy in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-12-2022, 01:59 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
Chiefspants 11-13-2022, 01:44 AM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants.
Chiefspants 11-13-2022, 01:45 AM
Chiefspants 11-13-2022, 01:45 AM
Chiefspants 01:51 AM 11-13-2022
When I first saw Stephen Skarsgard’s casting news I had the incredibly foolish take that there was a good chance they’d waste his talents like Marvel did. Like putting Patrick Mahomes on an arena football team.

But my goodness did the writers deliver an iconic scene that Skarsgard lifted into one of the greatest Star Wars moments in the franchise’s history. In one scene was he able to crystallize the entire rebellion that made Star Wars a cultural revelation in the 1970’s.

That episode was the first piece of Star Wars media I have seen that surpassed Empire Strikes Back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
When I first saw Stephen Skarsgard’s casting news I had the incredibly foolish take that there was a good chance they’d waste his talents like Marvel did. Like putting Patrick Mahomes on an arena football team.

But my goodness did the writers deliver an iconic scene that Skarsgard lifted into one of the greatest Star Wars moments in the franchise’s history. In one scene was he able to crystallize the entire rebellion that made Star Wars a cultural revelation in the 1970’s.

That episode was the first piece of Star Wars media I have seen that surpassed Empire Strikes Back.
Agrees that they crafted a scene worthy of a top shelf actor and let him do his thing.

And from our history books we know what he said was true. Most of the leaders of rebellions never think they will see their oppressor's overthrown and will die before they achieve victory.

Disagree on the best, Still think Rogue one, once the 2rd act starts and they get to Scariff, is the best "Star Wars" ever put on film.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:30 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Agrees that they crafted a scene worthy of a top shelf actor and let him do his thing.

And from our history books we know what he said was true. Most of the leaders of rebellions never think they will see their oppressor's overthrown and will die before they achieve victory.

Disagree on the best, Still think Rogue one, once the 2rd act starts and they get to Scarif is the best "Star Wars" ever put on film.
Imagine a world where Disney had the guts to make a sequel trilogy with the gravitas of Andor.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:43 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Imagine a world where Disney had the guts to make a sequel trilogy with the gravitas of Andor.
I thought they were developing Kenobi to do just that. Hell, the opportunity was there on a silver platter.

But instead they hired a writer for 1/3rd of their episodes that was the showrunner on Trolls: The Beat Goes On.

In contrast, Andor hired the writer who was the showrunner for House of Cards and one of my favorite political dramas ever, The Ides of March.

And yeah, you can tell the difference.

Disagree on the best, Still think Rogue one, once the 2rd act starts and they get to Scariff, is the best "Star Wars" ever put on film.
I won't argue against Rogue One, especially that this is now enriching that release.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:51 AM 11-13-2022
Mando is way more fun. This is way too slow and developing its story too slow. Why do we have to spend 1/4 of a season about workings of a prison?

They are wasting time
WHHAAAAAAT?

The Prison episodes were fantastic.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:52 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I thought they were developing Kenobi to do just that. Hell, the opportunity was there on a silver platter.

But instead they hired a writer for 1/3rd of their episodes that was the showrunner on Trolls: The Beat Goes On.

In contrast, Andor hired the writer who was the showrunner for House of Cards and one of my favorite political dramas ever, The Ides of March.

And yeah, you can tell the difference.

I won't argue against Rogue One, especially that this is now enriching that release.
Gilroy is really F'ing good.

If you're interested, The Watch podcast had him on and it was really fascinating to listen to him talk (casually) about what it took to get the thing made.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 AM 11-13-2022
Found the Gilroy Interview

https://www.theringer.com/2022/9/21/...en-waiting-for

Apparently they did another one with him after E10. I haven't listened to it yet. But I will. You and I should listen because it is interesting. Everybody in the industry should listen because they can learn shit. He's very good at what he does.

https://www.theringer.com/2022/11/9/...dor-episode-10
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 02:59 AM 11-16-2022
Holy crap, the ending of this one. In literary less than 5 minutes they did the greatest spaceship escape scene ever. Amazing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
WHHAAAAAAT?

The Prison episodes were fantastic.
geeezz guys I agree the prison scenes were fantastic. My complaint was about the overall story arc. Supposedly we ar eonly getting one more season. 10 eposides to finish whatever they wanted to tell us.

If it was to show why he went all in the rebellion wouldn't having his whole planet raped and pillaged by the empire? His people virtually wiped out? Is that not enough? He has to also be falsely imprisoned?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:14 PM 11-17-2022
Ok I’m going to watch this now that some of you are calling it rogue one…. Rogue One was what the Franchise should have followed.

And honestly Solo wasn’t bad, I kind of enjoy it compared to the rest. But Rogue One struck the right cords with seriousness and light hearted jokes. And the combat scenes were near perfect
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 PM 11-17-2022
Solo was good.

I refused to watch it in theaters because of the abortion that was TLJ. But it's one of the better ones. Like you said, strikes the right balance between gritty and funny. Good character arcs and just a solid story.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 AM 11-18-2022

Colin Cantwell originally pitched the design of what would become the Imperial Arrestor Cruiser directly to George Lucas,[14] for use in the 1977 movie Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, although it was ultimately discarded in favor of a completely different design.

The production crew for Solo discovered Cantwell's design while reviewing Lucasfilm's archives. Industrial Light & Magic then created a high-fidelity CG model of the vessel for use in the film.

The Cantwell-class Arrestor Cruiser first appeared in the Star Wars canon in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story, in an Imperial recruitment film.[6]

However, in the script for Solo, the Millennium Falcon was at one point to be captured by a tractor beam ship, which was developed into the Arrestor Cruiser.[11]

This full appearance in the film was eventually cut,[12] but the cruiser was featured in the Onyx Squadron sequence in the film's deleted scenes.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up