ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 73
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
ydub 09:35 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Not to derail, it’s a strange thing watching a man provide his unsolicited opinion regarding the hidden nature of others in word and deed— when you know he carved two people up like pumpkins and has lived a lie for 26 years. But life isn’t binary, and everyone wears a mask to an extent; OJ, savagely butchered two humans and yet can come across as gregarious and insightful. Gruden wrote unsavory private emails, yet no proof exists he has actually treated black people, homosexuals, or women differently.
Crux of the dilemma, right here. Conflating words with actions is the heart of this issue, and many others.

Words are used to define actions. Actions are used to define character. The latter is the measuring stick for human progress (or regression). The former is just conversation.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:04 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
He said what he said. What else do you need to hear? He knows what he said and did nothing more than hide it.

Had he gotten in front of it, he may have saved himself. He chose not to, hoping it wouldn't be noticed.

We all have to live by our words. He's already ****ed as God knows his heart. Bannish him with the hopes that he will learn the lesson. God's ultimate lesson.
Like another poster said, private conversations used to be private. I don’t think anyone really disagrees that what he said was bad, but it’s the hypocrisy of the situation. Like how another poster used the Kevin Durant example from when he attacked the white media analyst personally.

I think the bottom line here is if you’re not living under a rock, the things prominent black people say about white people behind closed doors can be pretty nasty, and when they do come to light we are meant to turn a blind eye and be there as an ally to find the root of their feelings and be there to make them feel better. When a white prominent person says something equally as distasteful, he is shipped off and relegated as if his last 20+ years of good deeds means absolutely nothing.. it’s just the hypocrisy but it’s the world we live in and I’ve come to terms with it honestly so these types of things that happen with gruden don’t really bother me. But it is odd when people sit there and say there isn’t hypocrisy when it comes to this situation and the offenders skin color
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:17 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Like another poster said, private conversations used to be private. I don’t think anyone really disagrees that what he said was bad, but it’s the hypocrisy of the situation. Like how another poster used the Kevin Durant example from when he attacked the white media analyst personally.

I think the bottom line here is if you’re not living under a rock, the things prominent black people say about white people behind closed doors can be pretty nasty, and when they do come to light we are meant to turn a blind eye and be there as an ally to find the root of their feelings and be there to make them feel better. When a white prominent person says something equally as distasteful, he is shipped off and relegated as if his last 20+ years of good deeds means absolutely nothing.. it’s just the hypocrisy but it’s the world we live in and I’ve come to terms with it honestly so these types of things that happen with gruden don’t really bother me. But it is odd when people sit there and say there isn’t hypocrisy when it comes to this situation and the offenders skin color
Maybe, hopefully, it will just take time. But eventually people have to realize that a part of equality is the fortitude to take slights in stride.

Right now we kind of have a double whammy, where some people's sensitivities are still extra raw, AND there is a currency in offense taken. . . An instinctive rallying of support and celebration whenever you state you are pained by others.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:20 AM 10-17-2021
I'll say it again, Gruden didn't complain about anything most fans and probably a majority of players didn't think was stupid or agree with to some extent. How he did it was distasteful but they were private emails not workplace conversations with employees , players etc.....
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:21 AM 10-17-2021
And eDave talking about God etc....good grief the hypocrisy in that dude knows no bounds.
[Reply]
eDave 10:41 AM 10-17-2021
Given that the black man didn't enslave the white man and generally treat them like shit since, I fail to see the hypocrisy.

The chickens are coming home to roost.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 10-17-2021
Given that the black man didn't enslave the white man and generally treat them like shit since, I fail to see the hypocrisy.

Oh give me a fucking break with this horseshit.

No white person alive in the US today was a slave master, and no black man alive today was a slave. Gruden’s comments in comparison to somebody like Kevin Durant has absolutely nothing to do with slavery you buttfucking moron.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:58 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I just don’t see how he could be a “real” racist. 20+ years leading locker rooms full of young alpha black males with take no shit money. How could he have led, little own survived in that environment if they for one second thought he was a closeted racist. No one is that good of an actor.
Do you know what "real" racists do? They use racist tropes and expect that the disenfranchised target group will put up with it. By using a racist trope they are perpetuating oppression of a racial minority, which is what racists do.

Do you know what "real" misogynist does? They imply that any woman who is in a position not traditionally filled by woman is unqualified and only there because of political correctness. By expressing that women are unqualified because they are women they are perpetuating sexist stereotypes, which is what misogynists do.

Do you know what a "real" homophobe does? They use a derogatory word for a gay male as a general insult to signal to everyone that being gay is somehow a lesser state of being a man. By using homophobic language and insults they are perpetuating the oppression of LGBT people, which is what homophobes do.

Breaking news. In 2021, one cannot talk like a bigot without being thought of as a bigot.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:00 AM 10-17-2021

If our society is built on revenge instead of doing what's right we haven't progressed a step.

If I were black and I saw white people saying "Nah, go ahead and tear that whitey apart" I'd be more scared, not less. This isn't racism - hell even racists like somebody ("their own..") These people don't care about anything other than the power to ruin anyone.

More punishment doesn't = more justice (see also: 3 strikes laws.)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:03 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Do you know what "real" racists do? They use racist tropes and expect that the disenfranchised target group will put up with it. By using a racist trope they are perpetuating oppression of a racial minority, which is what racists do.

Do you know what "real" misogynist does? They imply that any woman who is in a position not traditionally filled by woman is unqualified and only there because of political correctness. By expressing that women are unqualified because they are women they are perpetuating sexist stereotypes, which is what misogynists do.

Do you know what a "real" homophobe does? They use a derogatory word for a gay male as a general insult to signal to everyone that being gay is somehow a lesser state of being a man. By using homophobic language and insults they are perpetuating the oppression of LGBT people, which is what homophobes do.

Breaking news. In 2021, one cannot talk like a biggot without being thought of as a biggot.
But apparently, one can spell like a collection of lumbar and think you've said something trenchant.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:10 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
But apparently, one can spell like a collection of lumbar and think you've said something trenchant.
Spellin is like rid'n a horse: nobody does that shit anymore...
[Reply]
cdcox 11:11 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Thanks, I fixed it. I wouldn't want my poor spelling to be a stumbling block to anyone.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:14 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Thanks, I fixed it. I wouldn't want my poor spelling to be a stumbling block to anyone.
Only on CP will 20 motherfuckers come help you spell better in 10 seconds. Be thankful.

On facebook people will just drool and stare off mindlessly with you...
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:40 AM 10-17-2021
Gruden is not a Godly man. Nor are you with this tripe. Your judgement is coming and as of right now, it won't be good.

Choose your response wisely as He continues to see you and what's in your heart. He's gonna weigh that against what looks to be anti Christian beliefs exuding from you.

Save yourself from hell and eternal damnation.
My tendency toward forgiveness is anti-christian you say?
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:03 PM 10-17-2021

Uhhh? Blacks enslaved blacks. Whites enslaved whites. See Africa, and Irish slave trades....

You're right there is no hypocrisy if this was the 1800's or early 1900's but it it's 2021... This overall issue is not as black and white as your three sentence post suggests.

The age we are living in is an age where none of these individuals were enslaved but have been told stories and have been educated from people who were and are now empowered enough to tell those stories from years ago...

The difference is pretending those stories are still equivalent of what is happening in 2021... That is the hypocrisy.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 73
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Up