ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 73
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Stewie 10:11 PM 10-08-2021
I don't see Gruden as racist. He fucking hates everybody and it has shown for years.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:11 PM 10-08-2021
eh, it's more likely Mark Davis would be upset at his order at PF Changs being cold than this

general PR statement is general PR statement, yawn
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:53 PM 10-08-2021
Should Smith send Chucky a thank you note?

NFLPA decides to retain DeMaurice Smith, who says it will be his final term

The NFL Players Association won’t be looking for a new executive director. At least not yet.

The NFLPA board of player representatives voted on Friday night to keep DeMaurice Smith. He needed a two-thirds majority to avoid having the job declared open. Per multiple reports, he secured 22 “yes” votes, with eight “no” votes and two abstentions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...is-final-term/
[Reply]
Eureka 12:18 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Should Smith send Chucky a thank you note?

NFLPA decides to retain DeMaurice Smith, who says it will be his final term

The NFL Players Association won’t be looking for a new executive director. At least not yet.

The NFLPA board of player representatives voted on Friday night to keep DeMaurice Smith. He needed a two-thirds majority to avoid having the job declared open. Per multiple reports, he secured 22 “yes” votes, with eight “no” votes and two abstentions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...is-final-term/
Originally Posted by :
I think this was put out by Smith's people to try and gain sympathy for him to try and save his ass from getting fired today. The timing could not be more perfect for Smith.

Just WOW. Smith now gets to keep his job via a vote right after this bombshell goes viral. It's just a coincidence I'm sure.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:20 AM 10-09-2021
This thread was rough, fellas
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:45 AM 10-09-2021
"You better tuck that thing in, you'll get it caught on a trip wire." -Drill Sergeant (Forrest Gump)

Imagine this movie coming out in today's society. Actually that has me wondering if they cut that scene when it shows on TV broadcasts.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:49 AM 10-09-2021
Gruden should know better than to say something like that. Not nice.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:58 AM 10-09-2021
Interesting.....do the Fade use this as an excuse to drop the ridiculous Gruden contract, because if they don't, he'll likely go the full 10....

Of course, that assumes there isn't anything more, which tends to be what happens in the cancel culture. If this is only an isolated incident, then likely the Fade keep this in house (unless they really do want to dump that contract), but perhaps we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg....
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:19 AM 10-09-2021
In the 80s, as a teenager, I often pondered what would bring about the demise of our society.

Nuclear war? Aids? Bird Flu? Acid rain?

Nope.

Words.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:38 AM 10-09-2021
At least his contract is fully guaranteed.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:39 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
In the 80s, as a teenager, I often pondered what would bring about the demise of our society.

Nuclear war? Aids? Bird Flu? Acid rain?

Nope.

Words.
Is it the words or the Karens trying to turn those words into something its not and now all of a sudden its national news and the only thing being talked about for weeks? Because I bet if you removed the Karens, the words, especially the ones in this "extreme display of racism", wouldn't be given an initial thought.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:44 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Is it the words or the Karens trying to turn those words into something its not and now all of a sudden its national news and the only thing being talked about for weeks? Because I bet if you removed the Karens, the words, especially the ones in this "extreme display of racism", wouldn't be given an initial thought.
no

Karens aren't the ones doing the cancelling.

words are the most dangerous and lethal thing we have on the planet right now (demonstrated by the emergency-response actions that follow them).
[Reply]
jd1020 10:05 AM 10-09-2021
Karens aren't the ones doing the cancelling.
100% disagree.

Cancel culture is a chain reaction that starts with the wave of Karens trying to make anything and everything turn into a race argument. The cancelling is a PR reaction.

This story is fucking 10 years old. It's nothing. It's only something because the public finally caught wind of it and its spreading like wild fire and a man has his job at risk for something no one gave a shit about 10 years ago.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:22 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
100% disagree.

Cancel culture is a chain reaction that starts with the wave of Karens trying to make anything and everything turn into a race argument. The cancelling is a PR reaction.

This story is fucking 10 years old. It's nothing. It's only something because the public finally caught wind of it and its spreading like wild fire and a man has his job at risk for something no one gave a shit about 10 years ago.

Agree to disagree. And LOL at what you consider to be the root of who makes everything about race.

Have no idea where you got that from, but Godspeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jd1020 10:33 AM 10-09-2021
Agree to disagree.
So let me get this straight...

In this specific case, you believe a man is potentially going to lose his job because of his words? Words he wrote 10 years ago. Words he wrote before he landed a $100M job. Those words?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 73
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up