ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 73
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:19 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Make up your mind. Is he an idiot or is he a genius?

Amazing the mental gymnastics people like you go through to rationalize your disdain for a black man that doesn’t follow the woke gospel.
Try jumping into a time machine to the 90’s and convincing most of the people on this board that Gruden’s hateful rhetoric is worth defending or that Whitlock is even a decent journalist if you want to talk about mental gymnastics. I mean Whitlock is working for some Glenn Beck conglomerate now according to Wikipedia yet he’s still discussed on this board like he’s a part of the national media scene still. I don’t think anyone outside of that little echo chamber even realize he is still alive.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I don’t think anyone outside of that little echo chamber even realize he is still alive.
He has 500,000 twitter followers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:27 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Whitlock is a lot like Joe Rogan, you can always tell when someone is talking out their ass about them and only knows what they regurgitate from others or only know them from 15 or 20 years ago and assume Whitlock is still partying his ass off and Joe Rogan is still doing Fear Factor.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:45 PM 10-14-2021
Exactly. Yet people like to compare him to national media journalists. I guess I can see why he despises Lebron so much. King James probably had 500,000 Twitter followers in high school before it was even created. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:55 PM 10-14-2021
Exactly. Yet people like to compare him to national media journalists. I guess I can see why he despises Lebron so much. King James probably had 500,000 Twitter followers in high school before it was even created. :-)
Yeah right, he despises Lebron over twitter followers. He despises Lebron because Lebron is a shitty human being who hates cops and white people. The hypocrisy that has come out of Lebron's mouth is proof of how stupid he is.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:27 PM 10-14-2021
NFL removes all coaches, players, and fans who have ever said anything bad about anyone. Only Tim Tebow remains. Lmao. Babylon Bee.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:20 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yeah right, he despises Lebron over twitter followers. He despises Lebron because Lebron is a shitty human being who hates cops and white people. The hypocrisy that has come out of Lebron's mouth is proof of how stupid he is.
Not surprising, really, when you consider he has had everything handed to him thanks to insane physical gifts and talent. Lebron is the sports world equivalent of a child tv/movie star. Coddled, pampered, surrounded by sycophants, uneducated, and completely self-centered/narcissistic. That is a sure fire way to ensure a person turns out shitty. JWhit merely points it out; people gasp and swoon because he also happens to be a black man. He's not wrong, he's just heretical...aka "off the plantation", aka thinking for himself (thus my/many person's respect)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:32 PM 10-14-2021
Yea, that’s why he despises Lebron, not because he does shit like this:

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:00 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, that’s why he despises Lebron, not because he does shit like this:

Guarantee you it took like 5 tries for Lebron to spell accountability correctly.
[Reply]
notorious 07:14 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Which is ****ing dumb. The team generates all the cash needed for the team to flourish.
I agree, but it's important to other owners for some reason.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 PM 10-14-2021

[Reply]
NEOM 11:43 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Not surprising, really, when you consider he has had everything handed to him thanks to insane physical gifts and talent. Lebron is the sports world equivalent of a child tv/movie star. Coddled, pampered, surrounded by sycophants, uneducated, and completely self-centered/narcissistic. That is a sure fire way to ensure a person turns out shitty. JWhit merely points it out; people gasp and swoon because he also happens to be a black man. He's not wrong, he's just heretical...aka "off the plantation", aka thinking for himself (thus my/many person's respect)
Just wait, after his playing career, he will divorce his wife and find himself a white woman...:-)
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 12:48 AM 10-15-2021
Look, I grew up in a rural area and I know how folks talked when I was a kid. I am so glad people didn't write down the stupid shit they said and post in on a world-wide gizmo so everyone and their brother could see it.

On the flip side, I NEVER saw my dad use the language that Gruden reportedly used in his emails. NEVER. My dad could be salty... very salty. A gawddamn here, a JC there, and calling people stupid idiots and assholes and such. But he never went there with racism and gays. I don't know why. He just didn't. Perhaps being in a foxhole in WWII with men from all walks of life had an effect on him. But he just didn't do that shit.

And neither should anyone. It's just stupid. Talk shit. Just talk smart shit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:58 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Look, I grew up in a rural area and I know how folks talked when I was a kid. I am so glad people didn't write down the stupid shit they said and post in on a world-wide gizmo so everyone and their brother could see it.

On the flip side, I NEVER saw my dad use the language that Gruden reportedly used in his emails. NEVER. My dad could be salty... very salty. A gawddamn here, a JC there, and calling people stupid idiots and assholes and such. But he never went there with racism and gays. I don't know why. He just didn't. Perhaps being in a foxhole in WWII with men from all walks of life had an effect on him. But he just didn't do that shit.

And neither should anyone. It's just stupid. Talk shit. Just talk smart shit.
At some point, though, isn't that just a matter of . . . style?

Trying hard to wrap my mind around how it's OK to be hateful and denigrating, often in very harsh and harmful terms, . . . so long as you don't phrase it in certain sensitive ways. And also, if you veer into those certain sensitive ways, there is no obviation or excuse that you didn't intend to be as hurtful or hateful as some took it.

I mean I get how, in realspeak, some areas create wider outrage than others. But we seem to be trying to navigate this incompatible dual-standard where everyone is equal, but some people are more sensitive, so we can't actually treat people as equals.

Gruden was clearly disdainful and exasperated at the behaviors of certain high-profile, powerful individuals, and certain socio-political undertakings in the NFL, and he worded things in ways that triggered many demographics renowned for sensitivity and outrage. That's his cross to bear.

But plenty of people have voiced similar criticisms in more diplomatic terms, and many others have been similarly crude and hurtful against groups and traits for whom there isn't the same presumption of entitlement to protect.

I guess my central quandary is, how do we treat people equally when explicitly treating groups as presumptively distinct, some with frailties that need to be navigated and some with presumed hardiness that can take all manner of abuse?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:57 AM 10-15-2021
While OJ was not convicted of double murder he did commit robbery..which typically means with threat of violence. And no shit the guy is in the Bill's wall of fame.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 73
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up