ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3817 of 3903
« First < 2817331737173767380738133814381538163817 381838193820382138273867 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:52 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's incredibly frustrating that the perception that's it doesn't is still so prevalent. Do a tiny bit of research, people! And your Facebook friends don't count.
Listening to Joe Rogan counts right?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:54 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you're vaccinated, and I'm vaccinated, and one of us gets covid and spreads it to the other, neither of us is likely to end up dead.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with trying to protect people who won't do the bare minimum to protect themselves and/or their families, friends, and neighbors.
While we are yelling at clouds. I am getting pretty frustrated with all the people who eat fast food and don't exercise. We could save millions of lives if people would just eat healthy and exercise 30 minutes a day.

Those selfish people are destroying the health care system and costing me money. I take care of myself but most of the populations just doesn't seem to care. 30 minutes of getting off the couch a day. How hard is it?

So frustrating trying to motivate people that won't do the bare minimum to take care of themselves.

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:58 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
While we are yelling at clouds. I am getting pretty frustrated with all the people who eat fast food and don't exercise. We could save millions of lives if people would just eat healthy and exercise 30 minutes a day.

Those selfish people are destroying the health care system and costing me money. I take care of myself but most of the populations just doesn't seem to care. 30 minutes of getting off the couch a day. How hard is it?

So frustrating trying to motivate people that won't do the bare minimum to take care of themselves.

:-)
If you eat like shit and don't exercise, your neighbor doesn't die of heart disease. This, like everything else in this ridiculous argument is at best a false equivalency.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:59 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Listening to Joe Rogan counts right?
As opposed to listening to a bunch of dudes on Chiefs Planet?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:00 AM 12-08-2021
If you eat like shit and don't exercise, your neighbor doesn't die of heart disease. This, like everything else in this ridiculous argument is at best a false equivalency.
Read my previous post about transmission. You argument is bullshit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 12-08-2021
It's like arguing with children.

You don't even have an argument. Just throwing horseshit at the wall.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:05 AM 12-08-2021
It's like arguing with children.

You don't even have an argument. Just throwing horseshit at the wall.
So no rebuttal on actual data and studies on transmission. Sounds about right. Continue with your hissy fit.
[Reply]
Donger 11:11 AM 12-08-2021
If the vaccines provide 0% efficacy against developing COVID-19, I would say that your argument is valid. But I'm pretty sure that they provide much greater efficacy than 0% and I'd imagine that you do as well. Therefore, since Delta has an R0 of about 9 (same as chicken pox), that's an awfully high number of people who didn't get infected by a vaccinated person (and persons) who didn't develop COVID-19 and pass it on.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:21 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
If the vaccines provide 0% efficacy against developing COVID-19, I would say that your argument is valid. But I'm pretty sure that they provide much greater efficacy than 0% and I'd imagine that you do as well. Therefore, since Delta has an R0 of about 9 (same as chicken pox), that's an awfully high number of people who didn't get infected by a vaccinated person (and persons) who didn't develop COVID-19 and pass it on.
No matter what your stance is on transmission between vaccinated. You are not going to vaccinate the entire world. There will be varients that will evade the vaccine. We are already seeing that. Everyone will be exposed to the virus eventually.
[Reply]
Donger 11:24 AM 12-08-2021
No matter what your stance is on transmission between vaccinated. You are not going to vaccinate the entire world. There will be varients that will evade the vaccine. We are already seeing that. Everyone will be exposed to the virus eventually.
If you'd like to continue this discussion elsewhere, I'd be happy to.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:26 AM 12-08-2021
CDC Took Mistaken Data on Delta Variant Transmissibility From a New York Times Infographic

Another CDC data flub distorts delta variant contagiousness. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) claimed the delta variant of COVID-19 is "as transmissible as" chickenpox. It's not true.

Chickenpox, caused by the varicella-zoster virus, is one of the most contagious diseases we know of. "If one person has it, up to 90% of the people close to that person who are not immune will also become infected," states the CDC website.

One person infected with chickenpox will infect an average of 10 people when everyone in a population is vulnerable to catching it. (This transmissibility number—referred to as R0—goes down when people have immunity to the disease.)

"The initial COVID-19 strain had an R0 between two and three," computational biologist Karthik Gangavarapu told NPR. The delta variant has an R0 between six and seven. For chickenpox, the R0 is nine or 10.

How did the CDC conclude that these were equivalent?

For one, the leaked document underestimated the R0 for chickenpox and overestimated the R0 for the delta variant. "The R0 values for delta were preliminary and calculated from data taken from a rather small sample size," a federal official told NPR. The value for the chickenpox (and other R0s in the slideshow) came from a graphic from The New York Times, which wasn't completely accurate.

Apparently, the federal agency charged with disseminating COVID-19 data and setting public health policy is taking its cues from a newspaper infographic. Oh my.

https://reason.com/2021/08/12/cdc-to...s-infographic/
[Reply]
Monticore 11:38 AM 12-08-2021
the fact that 90% of our province is vaccinated and 80% of the hospitalized and icu patients are unvaccinated , transmission seems to be more of an issue for one of the groups whether or not transmission is equal or not .
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:38 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
If you'd like to continue this discussion elsewhere, I'd be happy to.
There's now two of them that will have to take their discussions elsewhere.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:42 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
the fact that 90% of our province is vaccinated and 80% of the hospitalized and icu patients are unvaccinated , transmission seems to be more of an issue for one of the groups whether or not transmission is equal or not .
This is an excellent post. It has style, substance, and accuracy, and it make the point clearly. It has earned my coveted seal of approval.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:54 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It seems pretty clear, doesn't it?
[Reply]
Page 3817 of 3903
« First < 2817331737173767380738133814381538163817 381838193820382138273867 > Last »
Up