ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3814 of 3903
« First < 2814331437143764380438103811381238133814 381538163817381838243864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 09:01 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Over 250K+ Americans die a year due to medical errors so I would say that people should be also skeptical of hospitals and doctors.
if you take a look at the just some of the numbers you could make a case to not trust any profession anywhere ever , how many people have doctors saved?
[Reply]
TLO 09:05 AM 12-08-2021
Early data show 2 doses of Pfizer probably won't have much effect on infection. There's thought that T cells may still prevent against severe disease.

3rd dose seems to provide a greater deal of protection.

No info to be found on other vaccines yet.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:07 AM 12-08-2021
I have another question.

How is everyone checking their O2 levels?
Are you all just using Apple watches or something similar?
I have a Wyze watch that gives me that info. Not sure how accurate it is but I do like the feature.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:07 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
if you take a look at the just some of the numbers you could make a case to not trust any profession anywhere ever , how many people have doctors saved?
If I'm in a car accident and need an emergency surgery my trust is high.

If it is something based on overall health or wellness I am reading the fine print.

But taking this away from my own personal views, I guess you are wondering why Americans have low trust in their government or bureaucrats.

It's because trust is earned. Sweden's health bureaucrats have built up trust over decades. So when they recommend something people tend to listen. In America, there is no to little trust for a large amount of the population in people purporting to be "health" authorities.
[Reply]
TLO 09:08 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have another question.

How is everyone checking their O2 levels?
Are you all just using Apple watches or something similar?
I have a Wyze watch that gives me that info. Not sure how accurate it is but I do like the feature.
Buy a pulse ox
[Reply]
TLO 09:08 AM 12-08-2021

Summary
Omicron's 30-40-fold reduction in neut. antibody titers will lead to ESTIMATED:
~10-14% reduction in VE HOSPITALIZATION
~40-60% reduction in SYMPTOMATIC INFECTION
Both of these can be mostly mitigated by 3rd dose booster.

— A Marm Kilpatrick (@DiseaseEcology) December 8, 2021

[Reply]
Lzen 09:09 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If not getting the surgery can somehow kill other people, then sure.

The really frustrating part of this whole thing is that it's NOT ABOUT YOU.

It's about spreading it to other people who might die.

If everybody who CAN get the shot gets the shot, then this is the flu.

And I could get back to my life.
Point taken but didn't the CDC recently admit that the shot doesn't prevent the spread?
[Reply]
TLO 09:09 AM 12-08-2021

Fantastic news. Initial lab studies show a third dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine neutralizes Omicron. A booster with the current version of the vaccine RAISES antibodies 25-FOLD providing a similar level as observed after two doses against the original virus and other variants!

— Chise �������� (@sailorrooscout) December 8, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:09 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Early data show 2 doses of Pfizer probably won't have much effect on infection. There's thought that T cells may still prevent against severe disease.

3rd dose seems to provide a greater deal of protection.

No info to be found on other vaccines yet.
For Omicron?

And if so do you have a link?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:11 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
all politicians are idiots but what they say doesn't change the product itself and the beer a day mandate would probably be more harmful than the vaccine one and there would be less pushback.
It probably wasn't a good metaphor because beer has been around for centuries. These types of vaccines are relatively new. And before anyone goes there, they hadn't been tested on humans long term.

Apples to oranges.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:11 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Chise is all about ABC, Always Be Closing.

However, just raising antibodies doesn't mean one is protected if the variant is evading those antibodies.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:12 AM 12-08-2021
Point taken but didn't the CDC recently admit that the shot doesn't prevent the spread?
It doesn't but some are still stuck in April 2021.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:17 AM 12-08-2021
If I'm in a car accident and need an emergency surgery my trust is high.

If it is something based on overall health or wellness I am reading the fine print.

But taking this away from my own personal views, I guess you are wondering why Americans have low trust in their government or bureaucrats.

It's because trust is earned. Sweden's health bureaucrats have built up trust over decades. So when they recommend something people tend to listen. In America, there is no to little trust for a large amount of the population in people purporting to be "health" authorities.
Trust can be earned but it can also be destroyed pretty easily by a bunch of morons on the internet, you could work for years building trust in a community and all it takes 1 Facebook post by one dumbass to plant the seed of diss trust , there are probably quit a few other things that make Sweden different than the US .
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:20 AM 12-08-2021
It doesn't but some are still stuck in April 2021.
Yeah this whole take the shot to save Grandma needs to stop. The vaccine does not prevent spread.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:21 AM 12-08-2021
It probably wasn't a good metaphor because beer has been around for centuries. These types of vaccines are relatively new. And before anyone goes there, they hadn't been tested on humans long term.

Apples to oranges.
Beer has a history of causing long term side effects, vaccines don’t, most of these ingredients have been used in humans before .
[Reply]
Page 3814 of 3903
« First < 2814331437143764380438103811381238133814 381538163817381838243864 > Last »
Up