ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3810 of 3903
« First < 2810331037103760380038063807380838093810 381138123813381438203860 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:27 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'm really sorry you and your family have to go through all of that. I know you've had to deal with this shit personally more than once. FWIW, there are steroid equivalents. Generally, you keep the patient on dexamethasone if it is available (it is not on shortage right now) because it was the drug that was studied, but as long as he's receiving an equivalent dose (for example, 32mg of methylpred or 40mg of prednisone) the effect should hopefully be similar.
I finally had a chance to grab my notes...

Decadron.

So he's on Remdisivir, Decadron and the one time Tocilizumab treatment.
[Reply]
Fish 01:57 PM 12-04-2021
It's in St. Lou...

Missouri confirms first case of omicron variant in the state. Here’s what we know

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services announced the first case of the omicron COVID-19 variant in the state on Friday.

The department was notified of a St. Louis resident who was “presumed positive” for the omicron COVID variant after their test was taken to a commercial laboratory for surveillance. The person had recently traveled domestically. The state health department is awaiting confirmation of the positive result from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

[...]

The delta variant still comprises 99% of the COVID cases in Missouri, according to Kauerauf.

Missouri has administered 106,353 vaccinations in the past seven days, according to department data. Within that same time span, there were 10,449 new cases and 15 deaths from the virus. About 1,460 people were reported hospitalized.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:09 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I finally had a chance to grab my notes...

Decadron.

So he's on Remdisivir, Decadron and the one time Tocilizumab treatment.
That's dexamethasone. Sounds like they're doing everything they should.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:24 PM 12-04-2021
I'm lying here with chills and a very sore arm for the next 24 hours, which is what happened with my last shot. I'm watching a TV show and one character gave the other a charlie horse in the upper arm and I almost started crying.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:54 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm lying here with chills and a very sore arm for the next 24 hours, which is what happened with my last shot. I'm watching a TV show and one character gave the other a charlie horse in the upper arm and I almost started crying.
:-) (sorry)
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:33 PM 12-04-2021

New data from @MIHospitalAssoc shows that the majority of Michigan residents severely sick with COVID-19 are unvaccinated. 87% of COVID ICU patients and 88% of COVID ventilator patients are unvaccinated. Protect yourself by getting a COVID-19 vaccine. https://t.co/uhFkRKhjZ2 pic.twitter.com/hefYvnP4Uf

— Michigan HHS Dept (@MichiganHHS) December 2, 2021

How is it that the do your own research crowd NEVER seems to find stuff like this in the course of their research?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 05:38 PM 12-04-2021
My dad, who was hospitalized with COVID at the end of 2020 and still isn't back to normal, told me the other day he'd never get a booster (He did get 2 doses of Moderna earlier this year.). I asked him why and he had a few reasons.

1- They still don't know the long term effects of the vaccine.
I reminded him that he knows that one of the long term effects of getting COVID is death because he was a little bit close to fucking death when he had it. I also explained that he's 80 so long term effects aren't as important. I didn't say it as rudely as it sounds when typing it.

2- He saw on the news the other day that 8.3% of the people in the hospital with COVID were fully vaccinated.
I explained that it means 91.7% weren't vaccinated. He actually acknowledged that was a good point and then followed up with number 3.

3-He doesn't think they (the government) knows what they're doing. He said that they told us we couldn't get COVID if we were vaccinated. Then they said if we got two shots we couldn't get COVID. Now they say at least three shots will be needed. He doesn't think they know what they're doing and doesn't trust them.
I stopped trying to convince him at this point. He's clearly determined not to get a booster. That's probably fine anyway because it's kind of doubtful that he'll get another severe case based on what we know at this point. I will say that the government's messaging has been terrible since the beginning. That's not a partisan thing, EVERYONE'S failed in that regard. They have changed the goal posts some which is perhaps kind of understandable as this thing evolves. People like my dad also seem incapable or unwilling to parse through it all as well.

This man has had open heart surgery and said COVID was way worse. SMH
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:56 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
My dad, who was hospitalized with COVID at the end of 2020 and still isn't back to normal, told me the other day he'd never get a booster (He did get 2 doses of Moderna earlier this year.). I asked him why and he had a few reasons.

1- They still don't know the long term effects of the vaccine.
I reminded him that he knows that one of the long term effects of getting COVID is death because he was a little bit close to fucking death when he had it. I also explained that he's 80 so long term effects aren't as important. I didn't say it as rudely as it sounds when typing it.

2- He saw on the news the other day that 8.3% of the people in the hospital with COVID were fully vaccinated.
I explained that it means 91.7% weren't vaccinated. He actually acknowledged that was a good point and then followed up with number 3.

3-He doesn't think they (the government) knows what they're doing. He said that they told us we couldn't get COVID if we were vaccinated. Then they said if we got two shots we couldn't get COVID. Now they say at least three shots will be needed. He doesn't think they know what they're doing and doesn't trust them.
I stopped trying to convince him at this point. He's clearly determined not to get a booster. That's probably fine anyway because it's kind of doubtful that he'll get another severe case based on what we know at this point. I will say that the government's messaging has been terrible since the beginning. That's not a partisan thing, EVERYONE'S failed in that regard. They have changed the goal posts some which is perhaps kind of understandable as this thing evolves. People like my dad also seem incapable or unwilling to parse through it all as well.

This man has had open heart surgery and said COVID was way worse. SMH
I understand that people don't trust the government. I get that. There are several things though that people like this have incorrect. Most every vaccine has taken 4 shots to provide protection, yes some are 3 and all that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:33 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I understand that people don't trust the government. I get that. There are several things though that people like this have incorrect. Most every vaccine has taken 4 shots to provide protection, yes some are 3 and all that.
The government also didn't produce the vaccines.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 08:23 PM 12-04-2021
It's very ironic that people trust/believe in doctors and science when it comes to a major surgery but not in a vaccine that tens of millions of people have gotten with no adverse effects
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:12 PM 12-04-2021
Hang in there. I just have a slightly sore arm and felt tired this morning but feel great now after getting the booster yesterday.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:52 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Hang in there. I just have a slightly sore arm and felt tired this morning but feel great now after getting the booster yesterday.
Don't high-five me! Don't high-five me! But thanks, and I'm glad you're back up to full strength.

I'm starting to feel better now and my low point for this shot was a lot higher than it was after the second shot. So morale is climbing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:33 AM 12-05-2021
Don't high-five me! Don't high-five me! But thanks, and I'm glad you're back up to full strength.

I'm starting to feel better now and my low point for this shot was a lot higher than it was after the second shot. So morale is climbing.
Lol. Glad to hear it man... hopefully you'll be near full strength in the morning.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:09 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
It's very ironic that people trust/believe in doctors and science when it comes to a major surgery but not in a vaccine that tens of millions of people have gotten with no adverse effects
It's rather simple. If a doctor screws up, there are outlets for settlement. If a company produces a product that gets linked to a disease even decades later, there are outlets for settlement. Whether they actually understand it or not, some people have/had a problem with the bullet points above the signature required when volunteering to become part of the experiment.

I found it more interesting that so many people suddenly became pro big Pharma after years of claiming they were the devil willing to do anything for a buck. I'm not sure many of them even realized they flipped a switch, which makes it a bit comical.

This whole ordeal has been eye opening in numerous ways.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:13 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
It's very ironic that people trust/believe in doctors and science when it comes to a major surgery but not in a vaccine that billions of people have gotten with no adverse effects
Fixed that for you!
[Reply]
Page 3810 of 3903
« First < 2810331037103760380038063807380838093810 381138123813381438203860 > Last »
Up