ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 2683
« First < 63113153159160161162163 1641651661671732132636631163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:27 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I was watching Gruden's quarterback camp when he was sitting down with Mahomes. I really liked what I saw there. Gruden always gushes on the quarterbacks, and Mahomes was no different. But he said some things that I liked. He told Mahomes that he had more talent then 99% of the guys that he;s seen play. He also showed a running sidearm pass across his body that was right on the money, 30 yards downfield for a touchdown. He stated that he had never seen a play like that and told him that he was just showing off. lol.
He went on to criticize him for some bad decisions and told him that he needed to fix those things. Mahomes was very respectful during the criticism, and throughout the interview for that matter. He must have said yes sir 50 times. I really liked seeing that. He is very coachable. He acknowledges his mistakes and accepts the criticism and makes a commitment to getting those problems straightened out. I see what Dorsey liked about him. I am so excited to watch him lead this team for the next decade plus. 2018 can't get here soon enough.
Amen. The excitement is almost unbearable. Just imagine, when the Chiefs home opener vs. Philly comes around, a large chunk of the crowd will be wearing the backup QB's jersey.

I know I will be there, and I will most definitely have a Mahomes jersey on. Exciting times.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think the lack of patience from most posters here is a little unrealistic, TBH.

The kid shouldn't play unless he's not thinking out there about play calls, footwark on drops and other required things.

His own college coach said he will need a year or a year and a half...I like SNRs post about not rushing things with Pat. He's a perfect and raw piece of granite and Reid is an amazingly talented sculptor.

If Pat needs more than a year to start, they shouldn't rush things.

Give them time to carve a true masterpiece.

In the grand scheme of things, 2018 isn't nearly as important as 2019-2030
Wipe that Alex jizz off your chin. Von Miller is going to break him in half and we're going to immediately enter a glorious new era where we never lose again when Mahomes throws it over a mountain, back around, and into the corner of the endzone to Reek's perfectly placed hands!!!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:02 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wipe that Alex jizz off your chin. Von Miller is going to break him in half and we're going to immediately enter a glorious new era where we never lose again when Mahomes throws it over a mountain, back around, and into the corner of the endzone to Reek's perfectly placed hands!!!!
Did you say the Quarterback would now throw and/or make plays?

Sounds fresh and exciting!
[Reply]
New World Order 04:15 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

You've just described my dream!

I'm glad someone else shares the same dream!
[Reply]
Coogs 05:19 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think the lack of patience from most posters here is a little unrealistic, TBH.

The kid shouldn't play unless he's not thinking out there about play calls, footwark on drops and other required things.

His own college coach said he will need a year or a year and a half...I like SNRs post about not rushing things with Pat. He's a perfect and raw piece of granite and Reid is an amazingly talented sculptor.

If Pat needs more than a year to start, they shouldn't rush things.

Give them time to carve a true masterpiece.

In the grand scheme of things, 2018 isn't nearly as important as 2019-2030
They have already said they are not going to completely overhaul his mechanics. So that part of the thinking curve is not as big as it could have been. The playbook is the big one.

He would have a great team around him on both sides of the ball. I don't think you are risking ruining him by playing him early... once he can command the huddle.

Now if he would have went to a team like the Browns... by all means, sit him until you have better pieces in place.

We already have the pieces.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:35 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You've just described my dream!

I'm glad someone else shares the same dream!
'Tis always a rarity, but isn't it lovely when Baby Lee finally sees the light?
:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:28 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Nice video- thank you for posting. I like the Gruden one better, but it was cool seeing PM2 compared to the other QB's.

I still think we made the right choice. Mooch is a great guy and was very cool to the fans when I met him a couple of times. I like how they brought Warner in, the kids could learn a lot from him.

The QB Guru said PM2 was like a cross between Cutler and Manziel. :-) and said he was a later round prospect. Not very flattering at all, pretty much an insult to be compared to those two worthless shits. I don't see ANY similarities to either unless he is talking about PM2's ability to scramble.

4 for 4 on the last dril. Damn he is accurate as hell.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:40 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
'Tis always a rarity, but isn't it lovely when Baby Lee finally sees the light?
:-)
You mean the light of Aaron Murray? How's that prediction working out for ya, cupcake?
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:04 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
You mean the light of Aaron Murray? How's that prediction working out for ya, cupcake?
We get that you hate PM2 but comparing him to Murray is ridiculous. They are not even in the same zip code. :-)

There are plenty of Alex threads you can spread your ignorance in - how about staying out of this one. Most here want to talk about our new QB. Thanks!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:04 AM 05-18-2017
(Stumbled upon this post in a comment section)

"Here is a list of every QB taken in the first 2 rounds who finished with a losing college record since 1996:

Jay cutler
Charlie batch
Kyle boller
Patrick Ramsey
Jared Goff
Jake Locker
Josh Freeman
JP Losman
Drew Stanton
Tim Couch
Jimmy Clauson "

Yet people want to argue with me that rushing this kid into action after 1 season is a BAD idea? He doesn't even know what winning looks like.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:05 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We get that you hate PM2 but comparing him to Murray is ridiculous. They are not even in the same zip code. :-)

There are plenty of Alex threads you can spread your ignorance in - how about staying out of this one. Most here want to talk about our new QB. Thanks!
Not comparing the two, just pointing out he has zero credibility to talk QB
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:11 AM 05-18-2017

"Here is a list of every QB taken in the first 2 rounds who finished with a losing college record since 1996:

Jay cutler
Charlie batch
Kyle boller
Patrick Ramsey
Jared Goff
Jake Locker
Josh Freeman
JP Losman
Drew Stanton
Tim Couch
Jimmy Clauson "

Yet people want to argue with me that rushing this kid into action after 1 season is a BAD idea? He doesn't even know what winning looks like.
How many of those guys had a bottom 3 defense in the country in all of their seasons as starter? Cause Pat did.

One season isn't rushing anything. You just want any reason to keep that pansy ass game manager in, who has no chance of taking this team to a SB. Your ignorance is inexplicable.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:15 AM 05-18-2017
It doesn't concern you AT ALL that he doesn't have experience of being a winning QB? Even tho he played in a soft conference? I get that his defense sucked, but RW wasn't making excuses about his defense when he stepped in from Day 1 and put Wisconsin on his back all the way to the Rose Bowl.

There's a huge step-off in terms of maturity, decision making, leadership between Mahomes and RW.

2 years of shadowing Smith would be a gift for PMII. And he avoids 1 extra year of risking injury on a measly rookie contract. Teddy Bridgewater would agree with me.
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 05-18-2017
That rookie deal is beneficial for the chiefs. This is a dumb fucking argement.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 05-18-2017

Jay cutler
Charlie batch
Kyle boller
Patrick Ramsey
Jared Goff
Jake Locker
Josh Freeman
JP Losman
Drew Stanton
Tim Couch
Jimmy Clauson "

I like how you leave off John Elway who went 5-6 in his last year at Stanford.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 2683
« First < 63113153159160161162163 1641651661671732132636631163 > Last »
Up