« First < 54454504544550551552553554 55555655755856460465410541554 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:20 PM 09-19-2016
Trouble in paradise.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...id=mailsignout

Well that didn’t take long. Just two games into the Trevor Siemian era, Denver Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas is less than pleased.

While the Pro Bowl receiver isn’t calling out Siemian by name, the following comments strongly suggest he is frustrated by the way things have gone with the second-year signal caller.

“We’re gonna need more offense, that’s for sure,” Thomas said, per Mike Silver of NFL.com. “It’s hard — you’re always putting it on the defense, and at some point that’s tough to count on. There’s no reason to keep it close. Last year, a lot of things went our way, but that can catch up to you.”

“You’ve got two guys … damn, the best duo in the league, and we haven’t had 100 yards in a game yet. He’s got, what, eight catches? I’ve got nine. I mean …”

You don’t have to be an in-between-the-lines expert to see what is going on here.

Siemian has done a good job of moving the ball at times within Gary Kubiak’s offense. But through two games he has just 444 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions through the air.

And the only touchdown pass was thrown to running back C.J. Anderson.

No wonder Thomas is frustrated.

He further elaborated on what is keeping Denver from excelling on offense.

“We’ve just got to be better in the red zone,” Thomas said. “We had 400 yards of offense, and the defense scored two touchdowns. We scored one. Every time we get on the 30, we just … we’ve just got to be better.”

Again, reading between the lines, he seems to be pointing a finger at the quarterback. The red zone is where the best quarterbacks make their money. So far, Siemian hasn’t been able to get his elite receivers involved in this area of the field.

Thankfully for Denver, the defense has been outstanding through the first two games. Both contests have been won on the back of turnovers caused by Von Miller and Co. But it’s awfully hard to continue winning this way — the offense struggling to produce points and the defense picking up the slack.

It will be interesting to see how things play out in the weeks to come. Up next for Thomas, Siemian and the rest of the Broncos is a road trip to play the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday — a huge early season test.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:31 PM 09-19-2016
Don't worry Demaryius, you get enough PI calls to make up for it
[Reply]
razorwire77 02:33 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's kinda rinse and repeat with BlackTop... Denver has never won a game in a legitimate manner, and KC seems to always get screwed somehow.
Frame 313 is the key to all dirty donk cheating. If you look carefully, you can see Peyton Manning's head turn back and to the left as the refs throw the flag. Totally inconsistent with how the rest of the league is officiated. Back and to the left. . . Back and to the left. . . .back and to the left. . .
[Reply]
staylor26 02:46 PM 09-19-2016
Lol @ Demaryius saying exactly what we've all been saying.

The Broncos have been on an extremely lucky run going back to week 17 of last year, and it's not really sustainable without more from the offense.
[Reply]
Steve Sewell 02:51 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah. I've been noticing that. Apparently we were wrong BlackOp. We thought that the Donks would stop getting the bogus playcalling in their favor now that 5 head is gone. But her we are, 2 games into the season, and the shitty Donks have already had both wins gifted to them by the refs. Apparently, Pat Bowlen has naked pictures of Goddell going down on ElFraud or something. I don't get it. Why do these cheaters continue to get preferential treatment by the league? All it does is continue to boost the egos of the delusional fanbase that actually believes that their team is a better franchise, when in all actuality, if they stopped cheating, they would be basement dwellers.
You're the same guy who believes the earth is only around 6,000 years old. Just sayin.
[Reply]
Steve Sewell 02:55 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Considering it took help from the refs for the Donkos to survive at home...against a seriously depleted Colts team...they should get their ass handed to them.

No Ware, back-up RT...Stewart diving at Luck's head might land him a suspension....definitely getting another fine. 22nd rated ground game in two at home and 3 INTs.

Bengals have been nearly unbeatable at home the past few years...coming of a tough loss this week-end in the rain.

Neither of Denver's wins have been impressive...Semen's first road game against real DBs.
Let me guess what your narrative will be if the Broncos somehow beat the Bengals...
[Reply]
razorwire77 03:00 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:

The Broncos have been on an extremely lucky run going back to week 17 of last year, and it's not really sustainable without more from the offense.
How are we defining sustainable here? It has been sustainable enough to win throughout the playoffs last year and carry over through the first 2 games of the next season.

At what point does all of this blind fortune cease? Or is it part of the greater and grand Illuminati, Bilderberg, Reptilian, conspiracy, to ensure that a mountain time zone, mid-sized television market franchise with an unknown 7th rounder starting at QB will be successful at all costs. NWO!!!!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:01 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell:
You're the same guy who believes the earth is only around 6,000 years old. Just sayin.
Yes I am. I believe the Word of God and I believe that the Broncos are a bunch of cheaters. What's your point? Both are indisputable facts.
[Reply]
Steve Sewell 03:06 PM 09-19-2016
Yes I am. I believe the Word of God and I believe that the Broncos are a bunch of cheaters. What's your point? Both are indisputable facts.
So your credibility as a human being capable of rational thought is essentially 0.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:09 PM 09-19-2016
So your credibility as a human being capable of rational thought is essentially 0.
Says the Donk fan who comes to a Chiefs board 10 years to gloat.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:11 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:

That's not what DT said, and at this point it's not luck. They've done it too many times.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:12 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Trouble in paradise.
Originally Posted by :
"There's gonna come a time when they need us," Okung said of the Denver defense, "and we're gonna be there for them. We're gonna get better -- I'm sure of it.

"I'm excited to see what we'll be like when we do things right. We'll be the No. 1 offense in the league."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...d-more-offense

:-)
[Reply]
Steve Sewell 03:16 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Says the Donk fan who comes to a Chiefs board 10 years to gloat.
Where am I gloating?
[Reply]
RodInCanton 03:20 PM 09-19-2016
So the sun rotates around the earth and dinosaur bones were the work of the devil to deceive people?!? Ok, this explains a lot of your takes...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:20 PM 09-19-2016
You are a perfect example of why Donk posters on this site are generally considered to be braindead morons. Your idea of a rational thought is that somehow all of the cheating that your team does isn't cheating. SO go and try to have a rational thought before you go making such dumb accusations.
[Reply]
Page 554 of 4797
« First < 54454504544550551552553554 55555655755856460465410541554 > Last »
Up