ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 488
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:24 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was always going to be this way.

I think they had 26 pending UFAs. Many of them were the sort of depth guys you don't think about, but now they're starting to bubble to the surface.

This is why we can't go paying retail prices for 'name' players who are clearly past their primes.

The margin for error is pretty much gone. Get it right or we're going to struggle to hold off the Chargers for the West.
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. Out of those listed the only ones I care about is Pringle and Ward
Originally Posted by -King-:
We badly needed this. Can't keep bringing back the same guys trying to replicate 2019.
I'm not panicking or anything.. just noting that this is a pretty massive bloodletting.

This almost certainly makes us better in the future and if we're lucky we may even be better next year (that'll be tough). Either way, we will look very different.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:25 AM 03-14-2022
The difference is that I think you can give Edmonds 150-200 carries and really get some nice production.

Johnson's almost purely a pass-catching back.

Edmonds presented some real Damien Williams potential, IMO. Johnson is mostly a situational use guy.

It comes down to usage. I'm a believer in toolbox approach at RB so just get me 4 cheap guys.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Everybody better prepare for a bunch of bargain bin signings.

We aren’t going to make a lot of noise early this year.

And that’s fine. Veach’s best moves have been bargain bin moves.
Yeah - they can't just keep going to the Bank of Mahomes. At some point they have to have a de-compression year.

Granted, you'd have liked to have seen that in 2020 but it's just hard to overstate how badly the Clark/Hitchens stuff tied our hands. And throwing money at Watkins that off-season stung a fair amount as well.

2021 was an excellent off-season but we're feeling the sting from 2020 and the cap maneuvers that those failures required in 2021 to get that OL fixed.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:25 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Everybody better prepare for a bunch of bargain bin signings.

We aren’t going to make a lot of noise early this year.

And that’s fine. Veach’s best moves have been bargain bin moves.
Good. This is exactly what he should be doing.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:26 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'm fine with bargain bin veterans on D line. It's my preference.
We lost because of no pass rush. You are not going to fix that at the bargain bin.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It comes down to usage. I'm a believer in toolbox approach at RB so just get me 4 cheap guys.
The issue being that any of those 4 guys need to be interchangeable enough to not telegraph what you're up to. That's how you pressure a Cover 2.

We couldn't do that last year. Teams could tell from the RB we had on the field what we intended to do. That or they just didn't care if we went against scheme because someone like CEH just couldn't run that outside zone.

We need a lot more versatility in the RB Room than what we've got...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:27 AM 03-14-2022

Cardinals are giving RB James Conner 3-year, $21 million deal that could grow to a maximum of $25.5 million and includes $13.5M fully guaranteed, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 14, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 10:30 AM 03-14-2022
Za’Darius Smith looked pretty good coming back from his injury in the playoffs. Had a sack, TFL and additional QB hit
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:31 AM 03-14-2022
Remember guys, Clay said we are getting Metcalf!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We lost because of no pass rush. You are not going to fix that at the bargain bin.
Sure you can, if that's all you're looking for. Especially if you're willing to deal with an older player.

There are 2nd tier older one-dimensional pass-rushers who slip into the 2nd wave of FA and sign for reasonable figures every year.

And don't get me wrong, it's harder to do it this way. But it's the only real alternative we have.

Still chaps my ass that we don't have Hendrickson. Man the Bengals stole that guy last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:32 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Za’Darius Smith looked pretty good coming back from his injury in the playoffs. Had a sack, TFL and additional QB hit
Like I said earlier, my concern with him is his long-term health. Back injuries are a curse.

But if we sign him to a 2-year deal that's voidable after 1, that's quite reasonable.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Our best edge rusher was a bargain bin signing.

If we have 2 Ingram’s, and a young rookie pass rusher with upside, this defense would’ve been really fucking good.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:32 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Man, Chargers are trying to build a super team on defense.
The Chargers are going to be a real pain in the ass this year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 03-14-2022
Pass rush is a great place to bargain shop. Go get 3 or 4 guys for the price of 1, rotate them thru.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:33 AM 03-14-2022
Sure you can, if that's all you're looking for. Especially if you're willing to deal with an older player.

There are 2nd tier older one-dimensional pass-rushers who slip into the 2nd wave of FA and sign for reasonable figures every year.

And don't get me wrong, it's harder to do it this way. But it's the only real alternative we have.

Still chaps my ass that we don't have Hendrickson. Man the Bengals stole that guy last season.
It looks even better when you consider it was reactionary after Carl Lawson blew them off for the Jets and blew out an Achilles.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 488
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up