« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Let's hope he worked out in his year off. I'd hate for him to come in fat and out of shape like Speaks did.
Speaks worked out last offseason and shed a bunch of weight. It just turns out he wasn't a good football player.

You won't have to worry about Niang.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 02-19-2021
He’s been working out with this guy in case anybody missed it:

The @BxMovement Ep 5: Past the Point of Contact w/ @kbniang8 and @BrettYarrisPFN | #ChiefsKingdom https://t.co/7c8VmlDaze

— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:24 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, Veach said he would be guard before last season. That's probably all changed now of course but that sentiment started with the Chiefs, not here.
Right but he didn't pigeonhole him as only a guard like half the board wants to pretend. I think the guard idea was just an attempt to get their best 5 guys on the field.

“Coach (Andy) Heck does a great job of letting the guys work in at guard with the ones and twos and tackles a little bit with the threes,” said Veach. “I think that’s kind of what you’d see, you’d see him with the earlier groups at guard and then as the younger guy taking more reps with the second or third team as tackle just have him bounce in and out. You do hope you can get to training camp on time because you kind of need that onfield work for the young guys like this, but I certainly think he can get thrown right in the mix there at guard.”
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Right but he didn't pigeonhole him as only a guard like half the board wants to pretend. I think the guard idea was just an attempt to get their best 5 guys on the field.

“Coach (Andy) Heck does a great job of letting the guys work in at guard with the ones and twos and tackles a little bit with the threes,” said Veach. “I think that’s kind of what you’d see, you’d see him with the earlier groups at guard and then as the younger guy taking more reps with the second or third team as tackle just have him bounce in and out. You do hope you can get to training camp on time because you kind of need that onfield work for the young guys like this, but I certainly think he can get thrown right in the mix there at guard.”
Yeah, I know what he said.

I'm not sure where "half" the board thinks he's a guard and only a guard. I've seen most people pencil him in at RT, to be honest.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 02-19-2021
Yeah, I know what he said.

I'm not sure where "half" the board thinks he's a guard and only a guard. I've seen most people pencil him in at RT, to be honest.
FWIW, for nearly all of 2020, the majority of posts on CP have referred to him either "playing inside" or at guard.

Since Fisher's injury, I've seen posts suggesting he play left or right tackle but that's only been in the past 6 weeks or so.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For nearly all of 2020, the majority of posts on CP have referred to him either "playing inside" or at guard.

Since Fisher's injury, I've seen posts suggesting he play left or right tackle but that's only been in the past 6 weeks or so.
Right.

But so readily suggesting he should play tackle suggests they weren't 100% set on him being a guard.

It was all based on circumstance, both then and now.

Not based necessarily on his skill set or talent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:44 PM 02-19-2021
Veach said they would try him on the inside because we already had our tackles and he wasn’t beating out those guys.

Now both tackles are question spots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach said they would try him on the inside because we already had our tackles and he wasn’t beating out those guys.

Now both tackles are question spots.
Right.

Which is why I don't think it's fair to say "half the board" thought he was a guard.

We was going to start at guard because of circumstances, not fit or talent.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:03 PM 02-19-2021
Right.

Which is why I don't think it's fair to say "half the board" thought he was a guard.

We was going to start at guard because of circumstances, not fit or talent.
Maybe "Half the board" was a little dramatic. But he does not get respect as a quality tackle prospect by many. And many more write him off because of the hip, as if the Chiefs didnt clear him pre draft, and have him in the facility working out. Other than him not playing last year i feel like were lucky to have him have gotten him where we did.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 02-19-2021
The only reason there was talk of Niang playing G is to get your “best 5” on the OL.

He’s absolutely a T long term, and always was.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:16 PM 02-19-2021
It’s quite obvious the front office thought Schwartz would only be in KC another year or 2. They drafted his replacement ahead of time and his contract extensions were very short term.

I bet they knew his back wasn’t going to last...but that’s strictly speculation.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:18 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s quite obvious the front office thought Schwartz would only be in KC another year or 2. They drafted his replacement ahead of time and his contract extensions were very short term.

I bet they knew his back wasn’t going to last...but that’s strictly speculation.
I wouldnt go as far as to say they knew but it does seem like they were preparing. They spent a top 100 pick on a guy with some good upside.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:46 AM 03-02-2021
From Veach’s interview with Fescoe. Btw Veach was texting Niang every couple of weeks during the season.

Originally Posted by :
“I think the first part is getting them in the building and just doing baseline testing,” explained Veach. “They will get their physicals, and they will get time with the training staff and the weight room staff, so they’ll assess where they are. You and I know how this works — everyone says they’re working out. And some guys, the workouts are more intense than what they would do here and some guys say they’re working out, but the workouts aren’t where they need to be, so I think the first thing you do is get them in house, go through the medical, get the physical and get baseline foundations of where they are strength-wise, cardio-wise and our guys will do that, and then we’ll put a plan together... some guys will maybe have a little bit of a longer lead-up time, but some guys that come in a little bit better shape and they’re more in tune to where their bodies were last year — probably less of that type of lead-in time, so it’s really dependent on what the medical staff and the strength training staff say.”

[Reply]
Skyy God 11:51 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Veach’s interview with Fescoe. Btw Veach was texting Niang every couple of weeks during the season.
He’s absolutely in the Chiefs’ 2021 plans.

The “cut him” crowd can eat a bag of moldy dicks.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:52 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This can’t be true.

I was told that opt outs had zero contact with the team on CP!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 46
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up