ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 157
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread****
Pablo 06:23 PM 11-11-2022
Games tipped off this week. Feel free to post any and all college basketball info and thoughts in this thread.

Here’s how the top 25 started out

[Reply]
Pablo 04:44 PM 01-11-2023
Hey take it easy. 90% of Canada much like Europe doesn’t have Internet yet.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:52 PM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
“The umps missed an obvious ball on Ben Revere. 3/0 vs 2-1 makes a huge difference”,
Statistically, in baseball, it actually does. And don't forget the one to Dioner Navarro. Including the fake HR as well, what an umpire screwjob that game was.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:55 PM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You think he’s winning another ring at Kentucky?
Originally Posted by :
There would be no excuses necessary. This team had everything that Cal claimed he needed to get UK back to the Final Four: bigs, guards, shooters and experience.

Instead, it’s been an abomination. Kentucky is 1-3 in league play for the first time since 1986-87, the ‘Cats are 10-6 and still without a resume win as we approach mid-January. They are No. 62 in the NCAA’s NET rankings, six spots behind Rick Pitino’s Iona Gaels. The ‘Cats have now gone from the team everyone wanted to watch for entertainment value into one that people now want to watch for comedic value.

The offense is antiquated and it’s clear that Calipari misses his old X’s and O’s guy, John Robic.

“I think he’s lost the players,” one head coach said after facing Kentucky this season. “Their offense is so shitty. He doesn’t run anything for their guards. He has no idea how to use Cason Wallace.”

“They should still be getting the best talent,” another coach added. “And they have enough talent right now to finish in the top three or four of the SEC.”
Originally Posted by :
Sure, Calipari can still recruit at a high level, but it’s far more frustrating for Big Blue Nation to watch talent wasted. Cal has pulled in 36 top-50 recruits since 2015, and he’s put 18 players in the NBA over that span. For comparison’s sake, Kansas’ Bill Self has brought in 12 top-50 recruits and coached nine NBA players since 2015.

Over his first six seasons in Lexington, Calipari went to the Final Four four times. But he hasn’t been since 2015.

“The game has passed him by,” said one head coach.

There are wiser options for Del Conte in Austin. If he has any questions, he should just call Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart.

Eric Musselman has taken Arkansas to consecutive Elite Eight appearances. Nate Oats went to the Sweet 16 in 2021. Bruce Pearl went to the Final Four in 2019.

All would be superior hires for CDC than the 63-year-old Calipari.

I’d even make a case that Kansas State rookie head coach Jerome Tang would be a more intelligent maneuver than bringing Calipari to Austin. Tang has energy, he knows the area from his time building Baylor into a national championship-caliber program. Tang grinds it.

Calipari doesn’t. He’s lost his fastball.
https://watchstadium.com/calipari-an...nd-01-11-2023/

Unless somebody else is doing the actual on-court coaching for Calipari, he's not winning another one.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:40 PM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
“The umps missed an obvious ball on Ben Revere. 3/0 vs 2-1 makes a huge difference”,

That was beautiful.
Unlike Amnorix, I still post here.

Do better.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
https://watchstadium.com/calipari-an...nd-01-11-2023/

Unless somebody else is doing the actual on-court coaching for Calipari, he's not winning another one.
Knowing people who were on the court and worked for the team and athletics, I can assure you the comments about Robic aren’t accurate. At all. Lmao
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:40 PM 01-11-2023
My no bullshit reason that I think is a factor with the team not playing well is there’s stuff going on with them mentally behind the scenes.

Damion Collins’ dad died right before the season started. His dad happens to be Cason Wallace’s uncle (they’re cousins). Toppin and Cal both insinuated two weeks ago that Toppin wasn’t right mentally either.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:44 PM 01-11-2023
Rams fan does anyone point to a specific game/season that made Calipari check out afterwards?

There were some rumors among insiders in Lawrence when I worked at KU that Self lost a gear passion wise for a few years after the 2013 Michigan loss in the tourney (we lost a 13 point lead in 3 minutes).
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:05 PM 01-11-2023
Well, the fan base psyche is still fucked from losing to Wisconsin in 2015 and view that as a turning point.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:01 PM 01-14-2023
Feel great for now.

Ready for inevitable heart break.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:08 PM 01-14-2023
Hrmm...I didn't watch the first half but for a couple minutes here and there. Surprised to see tenn down at half. What gives?

I'll tune in for the second half.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:11 PM 01-14-2023
Hrmm...I didn't watch the first half but for a couple minutes here and there. Surprised to see tenn down at half. What gives?

Kentucky’s played well and is out rebounding Tennessee significantly.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:19 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Kentucky’s played well and is out rebounding Tennessee significantly.
Shit ok, well at least this will be a game. I put a very small parlay together with tenn -11.5 after watching that south carolina game
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:20 PM 01-14-2023

Kentucky basketball peaks in mid-late January.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:21 PM 01-14-2023
It kind of reminds me of when Kentucky has played well against Kansas.... seems like every time I look up at the TV, they're either going inside for an easy basket or coming down with a rebound.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:25 PM 01-14-2023
College basketball and baked chicken.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:40 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Kentucky basketball peaks in mid-late January.
If that’s the case, why does Kansas have half the titles Kentucky does and Self has made as many F4s as Cal since he’s been at UK?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 157
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up