ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 95
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:50 AM 05-03-2022
The Kings/Oilers game was awesome! It's great to see LA get it done...I don't know how far they'll go, even in the series as EDM is more talented/deeper, but with Jonathan Quick in net and a team playing with house money, who knows?

GKG!!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It was so awesome watching the Blues kick ass and then in the middle of it seeing Mike Yeo get canned. Glorious night last night.
If you could only set one Mike on fire, who would it be, Yeo or Keenan?

I think Keenan wins a poll here, but for me it's unquestionably Yeo.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:06 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
The Kings/Oilers game was awesome! It's great to see LA get it done...I don't know how far they'll go, even in the series as EDM is more talented/deeper, but with Jonathan Quick in net and a team playing with house money, who knows?

GKG!!!!
On paper I figured it would either be a quick series or Quick series if the Oilers had their shit together. Great game and hope it continues like that.

On the Duncan Keith shot/pass that was tipped past Quick, I thought.... what year is this?! Great to see these guys who have been around forever still making big plays.... and McDavid vs Quick was fun.

That was peak Mike Smith Playoff Experience at the end.... fuck that guy in particular.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 05-03-2022
Duncan Keith is still in the league?

I'm against whoever he's playing for, then.

GO WHATEVER TEAM IS PLAYING DUNCAN KEITH!!!

(unless they employ Mike Yeo in any capacity, including beer vendor)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:17 AM 05-03-2022
I'm already nervous. This has GOT to be the Avs' year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Duncan Keith is still in the league?

I'm against whoever he's playing for, then.

GO WHATEVER TEAM IS PLAYING DUNCAN KEITH!!!

(unless they employ Mike Yeo in any capacity, including beer vendor)
Heh, yeah he got traded to the Oilers last summer and at 38 still sees ~20 minutes/game. There's probably some kind of Mike Yeo Degrees of Separation, but don't believe there's a direct link.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:24 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

If Spurgeon's out for the next game, Game 2 could be ugly.
Was it Tarasenko that got butt-ended like 3-4 years ago and then the Blues scored like 4 goals during the major penalty and just embarrassed them? I think it was some bullshit club like Buffalo or Edmonton; just a team that was barely icing an NHL roster so they were gooning it up.

Just go out there and embarrass the dirty motherfucker. Beat 'em like 5-0 on their home ice then finish the job in St. Louis so it's the last thing the State of Hockey remembers about the 2022 season.

Cunts.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:30 AM 05-03-2022
I get that there's nuance in hockey that will never go away, but I don't really understand why there's any tolerance at all for plays like that. If you're just plain trying to hurt a guy, it should be an automatic suspension, IMO.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:36 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I get that there's nuance in hockey that will never go away, but I don't really understand why there's any tolerance at all for plays like that. If you're just plain trying to hurt a guy, it should be an automatic suspension, IMO.
Yeah, it was refreshing to see Clifford get the game misconduct last night... the boarding itself didn’t look awful since the Leaf was so close to the boards, but it was clearly unnecessary and had nothing to do with the play.

I'm not sure he even gets 5 minutes for that in the past... we'll see what comes of the hearing.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
$5k fine.

Because the NHL Department of Player Safety is a joke.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:43 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I'm already nervous. This has GOT to be the Avs' year.
I'm cautiously optimistic... they're getting healthy, with Kadri and Rantanen back and Landeskog back tonight. Preds are without Saros for at least the first two games (I originally saw 4-6 weeks).

The playoffs are such a bitch though...
[Reply]
Monticore 12:25 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
McDavid scores 1 on 4. :-)
Looked like 1v 5 and all 5 sitting back in/near the zone and he went around 4 of them untouched not even a stick got close , different gravy my friend.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:06 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
$5k fine.

Because the NHL Department of Player Safety is a joke.
I thought this was tongue in cheek, but just saw that's actually it... :-)

Clifford got one game for the boarding, so once again there's no consistency at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:16 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I thought this was tongue in cheek, but just saw that's actually it... :-)

Clifford got one game for the boarding, so once again there's no consistency at all.
Easy mistake to make.

It’s hard to tell truth from satire with the NHL DPS.

At least he didn’t call him a bundle of sticks like Andrew Shaw. Would’ve gotten a game off for that.

Just a complete joke.
[Reply]
RickObie 04:46 PM 05-03-2022
5K fine is OK along with a 1 game suspension...I understand that he has a reputation for being a nice guy and all but that was malicious and has no place in hockey...
[Reply]
Page 15 of 95
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up