ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sorry if discussed, but wtf Andy
MightyMouse 03:39 PM 08-16-2019
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:27 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Rookie year- Mahomes sat for 16 weeks. Starts week 17 and blew everyone away with just how good he looked as a rookie, with back ups, on the road, against a team that prides itself on defense.

Last year- the worst play he had was the INT at NE end of the half. That is the type of mistakes that when cleaned up he will be even a better QB. That is not a situation that will come up preseason. Shit guys, based off pressing Andy Dalton looked good. You are crazy if you think preason is making him a better QB this season or will have any impact of the Chiefs making the super bowl. Guys, the playing calling is as vanilla as it gets.
Hill, Kelce, most the Oline are not getting better by playing in these. . I’m fine with people disagreeing, everyone can have there own opinion. There are a lot of people including NFL coaches that don’t like starters playing much in the preseason. It’s just simply not worth it.
I know it’s fun to jump on someone on a message and try to get some e laughs but I haven’t seen one person make an intelligent argument that is a convincing counter.
Its tough to talk about intelligent arguments when you misuse there/ their, or using "impact of"...

And also say he made mistakes that need cleaned up and he will be a better qb... but he shouldn't play in the preseason?

Maybe you should try the intelligent argument route next time.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:28 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I did.

You are coming at us with opinion. We are coming at you with facts.

Enjoy you're thread.
You posted and I quote “I don’t care”

I guess that qualifies as a fact so I’ll give you this round.
[Reply]
eDave 06:30 PM 08-16-2019
You posted and I quote “I don’t care”

I guess that qualifies as a fact so I’ll give you this round.
Is that the farthest you read of my post? Cause the second part is the meat and potato's of it all.

As for what you did read, yeah I don't care that he is playing. And I bet if you asked any one of these fine gentlemen here why I would think this way, I bet they would all say, in unison mind you, that I am not a giant vag.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:34 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Its tough to talk about intelligent arguments when you misuse there/ their, or using "impact of"...
It’s a NFL team message board. thats the type of response I would expect from Brooke Man N’ Cheese Pryor
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:37 PM 08-16-2019
It’s a NFL team message board. thats the type of response I would expect from Brooke Man N’ Cheese Pryor
Are you drunk posting?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:41 PM 08-16-2019
Nuthooks
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:41 PM 08-16-2019
Have you ever licked a chick’s ASS???
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:42 PM 08-16-2019
Is that the farthest you read of my post? Cause the second part is the meat and potato's of it all.

As for what you did read, yeah I don't care that he is playing. And I bet if you asked any one of these fine gentlemen here why I would think this way, I bet they would all say, in unison mind you, that I am not a giant vag.
Read and already responded to it. I’ll say it again though, you don’t play Chase Litton in a regular season so Mahomes doesn’t get hurt. If he gets hurt in a game that matters then so be it. What is he gonna gain from a half of a preseason game against a BASIC defense that isn’t playing all of its it’s starters? Is it worth the injury risk? Now if these teams come out and bracket Hill, hit Kelce at the line and are giving different looks than I would say yea it could be beneficial for him and he should be getting reps. That’s just not what happens in preseason and why your seeing starters, especially QB’s play less and less. I know guys don’t disagree, which is fine but honestly those really are the facts of preseason.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:44 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Have you ever licked a chick’s ASS???
I am as I type this
[Reply]
eDave 06:46 PM 08-16-2019
Read and already responded to it. I’ll say it again though, you don’t play Chase Litton in a regular season so Mahomes doesn’t get hurt. If he gets hurt in a game that matters then so be it. What is he gonna gain from a half of a preseason game against a BASIC defense that isn’t playing all of its it’s starters? Is it worth the injury risk? Now if these teams come out and bracket Hill, hit Kelce at the line and are giving different looks than I would say yea it could be beneficial for him and he should be getting reps. That’s just not what happens in preseason and why your seeing starters, especially QB’s play less and less. I know guys don’t disagree, which is fine but honestly those really are the facts of preseason.
Already addressed.

Rest easy man. I believe Andy said Mahomes would play a whole half last week. He didn't.

Mahomes sells tickets. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.
Mahomes sells viewership and ratings. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:46 PM 08-16-2019
I am as I type this
Your sister doesn’t count.
[Reply]
wazu 06:49 PM 08-16-2019
I'm generally in favor of what you're saying, MightyMouse. I'd rather sit starters very early. My only hope (other than no injuries) is that the risk they are taking translates to playing at a higher level and fewer breakdowns in pass protection, etc, from our starters once the regular season gets here.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:54 PM 08-16-2019
Already addressed.

Rest easy man. I believe Andy said Mahomes would play a whole half last week. He didn't.

Mahomes sells tickets. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.
Mahomes sells viewership and ratings. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.
He will be pulled after the first offense possession in the second quarter. He should get one possession tops. No Andy is not trying sell viewership, that makes zero sense. People are gonna tune in and out when they want in preseason. Personally I watch every play several times and grade out each player. I’m probably the best player elevator
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:56 PM 08-16-2019
He will be pulled after the first offense possession in the second quarter. He should get one possession tops. No Andy is not trying sell viewership, that makes zero sense. People are gonna tune in and out when they want in preseason. Personally I watch every play several times and grade out each player. I’m probably the best player elevator
Damn, an elevator that posts on Chiefsplanet!!
[Reply]
eDave 06:58 PM 08-16-2019
I was full of shit on the last part.

I'm heading out for the night. Hope I don't break my arm at happy hour.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up