ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your opinion of Dairy Queen?
Stewie 06:49 PM 01-20-2022
Good for shakes and ice cream back in the day. Haven't been to one in ages.

I received a mailer today that there's a new store not far from me. Incredibly cheap deals on burgers, chicken, sides and desserts.

I know it's introductory stuff, but might be worth a try. I used to love their strawberry shakes.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:09 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I think their Frozen Confections are good, not great. I think their chicken fingers are decent and the only item I'd eat from their lunch menu (or whatever)

Items I'd plow:
-HBD Ice Cream Cake (any flavor)
-Buster-Bar
-Dilly Bar
-Peanut Buster Parfait
-Soft serve simply cone (or dipped)
-Heath Blizzard, maybe mint Oreo or Oreo

That's probably about it. I'm sure I'd destroy and nice Dr. Pepper their. One last thing is they have those bangin' ice-pepples in their soft drinks.

I'm good for one DQ visit every 3-4 yrs. Nothing spectacular but not all bad either.
Oh man! I forgot about the Peanut Buster Parfait!

That will be part of my order at the new place.

Thanks SR!
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:10 PM 01-20-2022
There is one here. The franchise is local and the dudes dad started it when the franchise was young. I think right after WWII. The feelings are different when it’s a locally owned locally managed outfit in a tiny town with not much else.

Ice cream is fucking good. Even high dollar cold stone and shit I’d rather have DQ. It’s good.

At ours they have 2 different types of burgers. The 1/3lb burger is the same one it had been for a long time. Sometime in the mid 2000s they came out with “Grillburgers”. They used to be pretty bad but they haven’t nuked them so maybe they’ve improved. I really like their 1/3lb burgers. They’re good.

Chicken strips used to be really good. They’re not as good now but they’re still doable.

Fries suck. Onion rings are good. Cheese curds are better.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:11 PM 01-20-2022
When I was a kid, there used to be one on 40 HWY down from Shakee's.

Going there was a treat, and if you weren't acting the fool, you might luck out and get a Banana Split.

On a hot summer night, that was the bomb.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08:20 PM 01-20-2022
DQ was my first "real" job - I was the fry cook for the one in Centralia, MO.

While I didn't find the hamburgers any better than BK or McD, the DQ we worked at offered Pork Tenderloin sandwiches and BBQ Beef sandwiches. Definitely my favorites when we got our dinner break.

Man, I did love those Peanut Buster Parfaits and Banana Splits.

Edit: I remember being able to impress my daughter when she was little when we would go somewhere with an ice cream machine - I still can make the ice cream cone with the little DQ curly-cue on top. Thank you, muscle memory.
[Reply]
Fish 08:21 PM 01-20-2022
I'm one of the few people who does not like DQ ice cream cake. Their ice cream is always good, but that crumbly cake part is gross.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:25 PM 01-20-2022
Was pissed when they got rid of Snickers as an option for blizzards. Nothing better than a snickers/banana blizzard. Their burger and fries, and chicken tenders are decent for the cost.
[Reply]
wazu 08:25 PM 01-20-2022
Pretty bad overall. The custard places are better than their ice cream, and their non-dairy food is bottom tier fast food.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:36 PM 01-20-2022
I've been a couple times in the last few years. Chicken strip basket.. loved it as a kid. It's fine. There are so many places offering chicken strips anymore that nostalgia is about the only reason to go for that.

Buehler is right, the fries suck. I think they might be the worst in the fast food industry.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
if you were to have your choice of DQ visit or a Stewie Drip-fest - which do you choose and why?
Stewie. DQ takes forever lines are usually too long
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'm one of the few people who does not like DQ ice cream cake. Their ice cream is always good, but that crumbly cake part is gross.
I can agree. Not a fan either.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:49 PM 01-20-2022
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard double stuffed with extra hot fudge. Perfection.

I used to make it a point of trying to go to Dairy Queens in different states when I was younger. Made it to 17 if I recall.

When I finally moved to NYC, I was stunned there were no locations nearby. I actually looked into franchising one but for an NYC location they required you go the brasserie route with a proper food menu, etc. Not interested. Finally in 2014, one opened on 14th St and I was proudly in line that morning. Felt like Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.

Years ago, I did a work trip across the Middle East and made it to locations in Qatar and Dubai.

And finally, I bought a Dairy Queen Blizzard machine online and served Blizzards at my wedding.

So, yeah, I like DQ.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 PM 01-20-2022
Crumbly cake part? Huh?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:18 PM 01-20-2022
Their vanilla soft serve is probably as good as it gets, there’s just nothing like it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:24 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
In all seriousness most of the DQ food around here is average to above average for fast food. Biggest problem is the lines take god damn forever, inside or out.
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Stewie. DQ takes forever lines are usually too long
Fools, they have an app. Order the shit. Drive to the store. Get your shit. Drive away. Lines are for rookies.

Originally Posted by Stewie:
I should add that I don't live in an area with fast food, or any restaurants, on every corner. McDonald's and Wendy's are the only burger joints close and I'm not a fan of either.
IMO the burgers are better than both. Get onion rings if you like onion rings. Cheese curds if you don’t.

Originally Posted by wazu:
Pretty bad overall. The custard places are better than their ice cream, and their non-dairy food is bottom tier fast food.
I just have to disagree. Strongly. I’ve had Freddy’s custard quite a bit and Culver’s a few. Give me a M&m blizzard every day of the week.

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard double stuffed with extra hot fudge. Perfection.

I used to make it a point of trying to go to Dairy Queens in different states when I was younger. Made it to 17 if I recall.

When I finally moved to NYC, I was stunned there were no locations nearby. I actually looked into franchising one but for an NYC location they required you go the brasserie route with a proper food menu, etc. Not interested. Finally in 2014, one opened on 14th St and I was proudly in line that morning. Felt like Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.

Years ago, I did a work trip across the Middle East and made it to locations in Qatar and Dubai.

And finally, I bought a Dairy Queen Blizzard machine online and served Blizzards at my wedding.

So, yeah, I like DQ.
Nice work. That’s a pro move.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:27 PM 01-20-2022
It good stuff to bad the dairy queen shut down near my old place. The ice cream and blizzard are so good.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up