ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it time for Mike Tomlin to step aside?
scho63 11:26 AM 01-20-2022
No doubt Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and got a lot from his teams over the years.

Now with Big Ben gone, a major rebuilding needed should he ride off into the sunset or look to go to a team that may be missing just a piece or two?

I think he could be a better fit now on other teams.

The Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders come to mind.

Am I being foolish?

Pittsburgh has so many holes it could be 3-4 years of subpar football.

What do you say?
[Reply]
Eureka 04:38 PM 01-20-2022
The Steelers are going to trade for Carr and not miss a beat.

Their defense is good enough.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:05 PM 01-20-2022
The Steelers fans want him gone. I think it is a case of fatigue.

He is a solid coach but he has wasted many Super Bowl caliber teams since 2009. The lack of a losing record speaks more to the stability and the Steelers organization (loathes me to admit it) than anything Tomlin does.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:06 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
The Steelers are going to trade for Carr and not miss a beat.

Their defense is good enough.
Carr on the Steelers. :-)

Are you trying to kill me? I would have to mercy kill the man.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:16 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol you continue to go back and forth on Rodgers getting traded or not. It’s not happening.

Exactly.
Spot On !! But don't tell that to the donkey fans out here, they still think the "deal is done" because Mark Schlereth SAID SO !!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:17 PM 01-20-2022
My chief Fandom was in my infancy during the latter part of the Schottenheimer years, but I remember after all those 13-3 years I remember feeling like we were gonna get one eventually. We're chiefs fans fed up with Marty like that?
[Reply]
Spott 07:45 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
He definitely didn't have a Tom Brady in his division for 10 years lol
He made it to 3 Super Bowls, but each of those years they missed playing New England in the playoffs. I don’t know if they would have beaten the Pats in any of those season, but he definitely didn’t fare well against them for most of his career.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 09:37 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - the issue isn't that they're aging. It's that they just aren't as good as it seemed they might be.

JuJu was badly exposed as a #1. Claypool is fine but CP overrates him because there's a large contingent of people who wanted to draft him. Johnson is probably their best, most talented WR but man those drops. They seem to always come at the worst time.

Is James Washington even on the team anymore? Going into last season he seemed poise for a 3rd year breakout and he just collapsed.

And then again, maybe Ben's lousy arm just made the whole group stink. But there are real physical limitations w/ JuJu and Claypool and Ben's inaccuracy isn't causing Johnson to drop passes.

Their WR group could maybe use a facelift but really they just need it to be what they thought it could be.
I tend to agree with you here. Big Ben may be past his prime but his line and receivers did him no favors.

It will be impressive if the Steelers can avoid slipping below .500 over the next couple of years.
[Reply]
scho63 08:29 AM 10-15-2022
Could be an interesting time in Pittsburgh. Some talking heads say they are bottom 3-4 teams in NFL and should tank the season.

Tomlin sounds tired and beat in his press conferences.

I wonder if he moves on......
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:34 AM 10-15-2022
He lost a playoff game to Tim Tebow. That was some rough waters to sail from
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:59 AM 10-15-2022
He can coach iowa.

Um maybe not

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:02 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
He made it to 3 Super Bowls, but each of those years they missed playing New England in the playoffs. I don’t know if they would have beaten the Pats in any of those season, but he definitely didn’t fare well against them for most of his career.
Two Super Bowl appearances*
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:08 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I heard this crazy factoid the other day which is a complete contrast to the Steelers organization:

In the entire history of the Cardinals, whether they were the Arizona, Phoenix, St. Louis, or Chicago Cardinals, they've never had a head coach who went longer than 5 seasons.

Yeah, and they're one of the NFL's oldest franchises.
Incorrect.

They had two coaches who served six years: Hanifan and Whisenhunt.

But either way, not a good look at all.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:11 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tomlin gets a lot of praise for never having a losing record… but that seems like a low bar for a storied franchise such as Pittsburgh who had a HOF-caliber QB and top level talent for most his coaching tenure with the Steelers.

Seems like more should be expected than simply finishing above 8-8.
He also finished 8-8 three times.

The press acts like he is 11-5 every year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:14 AM 10-15-2022
Recent history their entire season is determined by whether Watt can stay healthy or not. If Pickett actually becomes a decent NFL QB that probably changes but it is insane how that defense transforms from reasonably stout to worst in the league all based on 1 player.
[Reply]
Spott 11:28 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Two Super Bowl appearances*
You’re right. I forgot that Cowher was still coach in 2005. Ben went to three, but two were with Tomlin.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up