ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it time for Mike Tomlin to step aside?
scho63 11:26 AM 01-20-2022
No doubt Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and got a lot from his teams over the years.

Now with Big Ben gone, a major rebuilding needed should he ride off into the sunset or look to go to a team that may be missing just a piece or two?

I think he could be a better fit now on other teams.

The Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders come to mind.

Am I being foolish?

Pittsburgh has so many holes it could be 3-4 years of subpar football.

What do you say?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:42 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Canada is hot garbage.
Yeah - I can't imagine that guy is back next year.

But Tomlin/Butler is a nice start. I mean why couldn't they hire Matt Nagy? He made Alex Smith look elite - he could make Mason Rudolph look average, right?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:44 AM 01-20-2022
He's not too old to remember not to smack a player when the cameras are rolling.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 01-20-2022
If I were Jerry Jones, I'd call Tomlins agent and tell him to name his price and make him turn me down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Aging WRs? What the fuck are you talking about?

None of their WRs are over 25.
Yeah - the issue isn't that they're aging. It's that they just aren't as good as it seemed they might be.

JuJu was badly exposed as a #1. Claypool is fine but CP overrates him because there's a large contingent of people who wanted to draft him. Johnson is probably their best, most talented WR but man those drops. They seem to always come at the worst time.

Is James Washington even on the team anymore? Going into last season he seemed poise for a 3rd year breakout and he just collapsed.

And then again, maybe Ben's lousy arm just made the whole group stink. But there are real physical limitations w/ JuJu and Claypool and Ben's inaccuracy isn't causing Johnson to drop passes.

Their WR group could maybe use a facelift but really they just need it to be what they thought it could be.
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - the issue isn't that they're aging. It's that they just aren't as good as it seemed they might be.

JuJu was badly exposed as a #1. Claypool is fine but CP overrates him because there's a large contingent of people who wanted to draft him. Johnson is probably their best, most talented WR but man those drops. They seem to always come at the worst time.

Is James Washington even on the team anymore? Going into last season he seemed poise for a 3rd year breakout and he just collapsed.

And then again, maybe Ben's lousy arm just made the whole group stink. But there are real physical limitations w/ JuJu and Claypool and Ben's inaccuracy isn't causing Johnson to drop passes.

Their WR group could maybe use a facelift but really they just need it to be what they thought it could be.
When they're catching balls from Aaron Rodgers next year, I would guess they'll be pretty good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
When they're catching balls from Aaron Rodgers next year, I would guess they'll be pretty good.
What are the Packers gonna give up to pry those guys out of Pittsburgh?
[Reply]
scho63 11:50 AM 01-20-2022
If I were Jerry Jones, I'd call Tomlins agent and tell him to name his price and make him turn me down.
This is the right answer.

McCarthy is Jason Garrett 2.0
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:59 AM 01-20-2022

James Washington Mossed one of our corners twice last week. Pittsburgh's offense is gonna be great with a qb with live arm next year
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:00 PM 01-20-2022
I'll say where the perfect job for Tomlin is - Kansas City. If Reid decided to retire, thats where I would be looking at.
[Reply]
jettio 12:01 PM 01-20-2022
Signed a 3 year extension through 2024 last April.

No coach would "step aside" unless there was a health or family matter.
[Reply]
scho63 12:04 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
James Washington Mossed one of our corners twice last week. Pittsburgh's offense is gonna be great with a qb with live arm next year
If they get Rodgers, then that is a game changer for sure.
[Reply]
scho63 12:06 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Signed a 3 year extension through 2024 last April.

No coach would "step aside" unless there was a health or family matter.
What if Dallas doubled his salary? :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:07 PM 01-20-2022
Lol you continue to go back and forth on Rodgers getting traded or not. It’s not happening.

What are the Packers gonna give up to pry those guys out of Pittsburgh?
Exactly.
[Reply]
jettio 12:12 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
What if Dallas doubled his salary? :-)
Mike Florio has been suggesting that a head coach for draft picks trade is underutilized.

That seems the only way Tomlin could possibly leave if he was traded for draft picks and seems like he would have to agree and I think he would rather work for the Rooneys than Jerry Jones.
[Reply]
scho63 12:14 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Mike Florio has been suggesting that a head coach for draft picks trade is underutilized.

That seems the only way Tomlin could possibly leave if he was traded for draft picks and seems like he would have to agree and I think he would rather work for the Rooneys than Jerry Jones.
Pittsburgh is rebuilding and could use a couple more for sure.

That would be a good move for both teams.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up