ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Venom: Let there be Carnage
The Franchise 09:10 AM 05-10-2021

[Reply]
unlurking 09:59 AM 10-01-2021
I enjoyed it, but the Spiderman universe was never big for me. Sticking to canon or telling a better story wasn't as big a deal to me as the Sony X-Men and Wolverine stuff. At least not to me, and I'm assuming most others that didn't already have a deep background knowledge on Venom.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:11 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s weird. I’ve never seen a series that nobody loves , yet makes so much money.
Venom was always one of the coolest looking characters in Marvel.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:23 AM 10-01-2021
Just let the MCU take over the symbiote stories, ffs.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:06 PM 10-02-2021
Carnage is nothing but 90s edge.

But the reviews haven't been good.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 02:36 PM 10-02-2021
Really hate that Tom Hardy went this route. I’m sure the money made it worth it for him but man I miss his older performances. This and Capone have been rough on him for me.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:51 AM 10-04-2021
Went to see Sunday, first movie I've wanted to see in theaters since the pandemic began. Power surge half way through ended it for us. Sat there for 30 minutes and they still didn't seem to be even close to getting it restarted.

Enjoyed what we did get to see.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:09 AM 10-04-2021
I wish it would've been 15 - 30 minutes longer to give Carnage a proper backstory and not just 3 minutes of animation. Tom Hardy was too cartoonish this time around, trying too hard to be funny, I felt the humor in the movie was more kid friendly than anything, so a film about Carnage being PG-13 just doesn't translate well, almost Alien vs Predator kind of a miss. If they made Cassidy a seven like serial killer and rated it R this movie would've been much better. The real reason to see this movie is for the last fight scene and the mid credit's scene, both of which you can find on YouTube pretty easily. I wish they would've left his love life out of this one, Carnage alone and how Venom helped create him would've been story enough, but for some reason they needed to bring back Michelle Williams and her boyfriend for some comic relief. It's entertaining, but unless you just want to go see a movie in the theaters, go see a matinee. I went because I love Venom, and they did a good job with Venom like they did in the first one, but the one thing that drives me crazy is that it's hard for me to understand what Venom says a good chunk of the time, and with how quickly him and Tom Hardy banter back and forth and how often he throws out quips, I will have to watch the movie again to catch those jokes.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:26 AM 10-04-2021
So what was the hidden/end scene? I don’t plan on seeing the movie. You can put it in spoilers if you desire.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:32 AM 10-04-2021
So what was the hidden/end scene? I don’t plan on seeing the movie. You can put it in spoilers if you desire.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:36 AM 10-04-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:06 AM 10-04-2021
Thanks. Interesting. I’m sure there will be some legalities to be worked out between Sony/Disney/Marvel.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:44 PM 10-04-2021
Thanks. Interesting. I’m sure there will be some legalities to be worked out between Sony/Disney/Marvel.
In the trailers for No Way Home they showcase 5 of the 6 members of the Sinister Six. Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman, Lizard and Green Goblin but they never show the 6th. Now while Venom was never really apart of the Sinister Six Tom Hardy has been seen in a hat for Spiderman No Way Home, so the dots seem to be adding up. Which would make sense given Marvel's penchant for going big in their movies and keeping secrets relatively hidden and since this might be the last Tom Holland Spiderman movie they make, might as well go all out. If they did have the sinister six, Venom, Tom Holland/Tobey Maguire/Andrew Garfield all in the same movie, that'd be probably the coolest thing I've seen since Avengers Endgame.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:36 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
In the trailers for No Way Home they showcase 5 of the 6 members of the Sinister Six. Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman, Lizard and Green Goblin but they never show the 6th. Now while Venom was never really apart of the Sinister Six Tom Hardy has been seen in a hat for Spiderman No Way Home, so the dots seem to be adding up. Which would make sense given Marvel's penchant for going big in their movies and keeping secrets relatively hidden and since this might be the last Tom Holland Spiderman movie they make, might as well go all out. If they did have the sinister six, Venom, Tom Holland/Tobey Maguire/Andrew Garfield all in the same movie, that'd be probably the coolest thing I've seen since Avengers Endgame.
It would be hilarious if it’s Topher Grace ‘Venom’
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 AM 10-05-2021
6th Sinister Six member

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:13 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The way the movie portrayed Kassidy & Carnage was weak and off brand

The Axl Foley jacket was distracting too
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6