ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 29
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:54 AM 07-27-2021
Saw this on a weird HBO show about observing and commenting on urban life [you know the type of show], and post it here solely for Frazod's schadenfreude. /hat tip

[Reply]
Frazod 10:44 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Saw this on a weird HBO show about observing and commenting on urban life [you know the type of show], and post it here solely for Frazod's schadenfreude. /hat tip

[Reply]
bevischief 11:23 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
My God.

This may actually be the movie we deserve.
This
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:12 AM 08-02-2021
This has to succeed so eventually we get the weirdness of God Emperor and watch a giant worm repeatedly kill Khal Drogo
[Reply]
Donger 08:43 AM 08-02-2021
My son looks exactly like this Timothee guy. It's creepy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:00 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Inspect your stone fruits.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:18 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Fill a box with mouse traps

Tell your son to put his right hand in the box

optional: hold a dull thumb tack to his neck
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:16 PM 08-09-2021

[Reply]
Bowser 07:05 PM 08-09-2021
Nice. This might be my first IMAX in a while, looking forward to it.

And I've had a large crush on Rebecca Ferguson since Doctor Sleep (and if you never watched that, do it). An everyday girl hotness to her. Terrible description, yes. Best I can do on short notice.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:48 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

And I've had a large crush on Rebecca Ferguson since Doctor Sleep (and if you never watched that, do it). An everyday girl hotness to her. Terrible description, yes. Best I can do on short notice.
This will be the first movie I'll see in the theater since before all this covid shit started.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:18 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Oh hell yeah, I also haven't been to an IMAX screening in what seems like forever. I think the last film that I saw in IMAX was Interstellar(which was like 7 years ago) and my buddies and I had to wait in line for close to 45 minutes and the film was a disappointment overall (perhaps my expectations were too high because it was written & directed by Christopher Nolan oh well). I'm hoping for a different outcome with DUNE.

Also totally agree with you regarding Rebecca Ferguson being not only beautiful but talented as hell as an actress. She is a gorgeous Swedish actress and was a total smoke show in those Mission Impossible sequels as well. She has those classic Hollywood movie star looks and yeah she was the best thing about Doctor Sleep too.

I swear there must be something in the water in Sweden cause so many Swedish women are beautiful.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:14 AM 08-10-2021
Ferguson was notable in The White Queen, also. And gets them out IIRC.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:13 AM 09-04-2021
Variety review dropped. they are saying it’s mesmerizing for about an hour or so. Then loses steam.

https://variety.com/2021/film/review...nt-1235051928/
[Reply]
sully1983 10:50 AM 09-05-2021
Currently at 85% on RT (with some critics that I respect & trust comparing it to Lord of the Rings)
I can't wait to experience this in IMAX!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:46 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ferguson was notable in The White Queen.
Dem titties were emaculate
[Reply]
Page 10 of 29
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up