ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 171
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:30 PM 10-28-2021
Has anyone sampled 'Guilty Party?' It's a little intriguing, but not for dispositive reasons, so I'm looking for input.

The potential for satire is good, but could easily be butchered [to my tastes]. The prospect of ogling Miss Katie is nearly sufficient in itself, but she's also appearing to try to make a go as a real actress, as opposed to eye-candy. If it works, I'm amenable, but if it sucks, someone warn me.

Obligatory, but spoilered to avoid clutter spoiler removed because it fucks up embeds

Kate Beckinsale

[Reply]
unlurking 02:29 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This recommendation did NOT disappoint. Blew through 2 episodes with my wife last night and we are hooked. If American production companies will not give me content like this free from some kind of political lense with such an insanely high degree of polish, then I guess I'll be consuming a lot more Korean content. Show is great so far.
Since everybody is starting to get into KDrama, here's a few I thought were fun (subs, not dubs)...

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:00 PM 11-06-2021
Trying to decide whether to check out. Tough to tell if it'll be bonkers bad or bonkers good, but the reviews are coming in and seem promising.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:42 PM 11-06-2021
Oh HELL Yeah!!!!

[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:28 PM 11-09-2021
Great news, I thought this show was done.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:59 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Oh HELL Yeah!!!!

I got my Clogging shoes on.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:31 AM 11-13-2021
This is eminently worth a check out, I thought I had recommended the first season, but I can't find it right now.

It's pretty much what you get a sense of from the trailer. An odd-duck NYer who has an eye for detail narrating some of his observations about city life.

Kind of a cross of Joe Pera Talks with You and Koyaanisqatsi. . .

EDIT - a sample, and yes that is [was?] Paul Atriedes.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 AM 11-14-2021
Just finished season 2 of man in the high castle.

Wow it's amazing.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:54 AM 11-17-2021

I know there aren't a lot of dads in here my age with 6 and unders, but if you are and haven't watched this show, you best do so before I come over and make you do it clockwork orange style. Darn it this show is exceptional. I laugh a ton, sometimes it gets a little misty in the room, but it gives you an appreciation for what an important job parenting is. Sometimes when you are staring at your phone while you aren't engaging with your kids, Bandit (the dad) will really show you up and make you feel terrible. Because as a parent, we could always be doing better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:51 AM 11-17-2021
This is about as must watch as television gets for me at the moment . . . Really hope it delivers.

[Reply]
meleknistra 04:18 AM 11-20-2021
Narcos on Netflix
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:43 PM 11-20-2021
This is about as must watch as television gets for me at the moment . . . Really hope it delivers.

Wow, that looks really good. Gonna add this to my watchlist. Thanks BL.

Also I’m probably really late to the party on Gomorrah on HBO. We’re about half way through season 1, and holy shit it is really good and intense. It’s like a more serious Sopranos, but takes place in Rome. Been hard to stop at the e d of each episode cuz I wanna see what’s going to happen next.

[Reply]
NEOM 07:05 AM 11-21-2021
Gomorrah is one of the best european series of the last decades. Looking forward in December for the last season of the series.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:53 PM 11-27-2021
So I picked up HBOMAX for a few months here, and finally got to watch White Lotus and Mare of Easttown.

White Lotus
White Lotus is some really excellent filmmaking. It doesn't try to get out over it's skis and tell some grandiose story. Nope. It's a bit of a character study on like 8 people over a week in a resort. The acting is all really good. There is a bit of a stretch in is this how these people would really react - but nothing cheesy. And the beginning line of "Oh we heard someone died. Yeah, they're loading the body on our plane" was really fucking excellent. The whole fucking time I was trying to figure out who was going to eat shit, and they did a great job of leaving it open.

Really had my ass hooked for no more than it was.

I listened to some interesting analysis about White Collar vs Blue Collar consequences to what happened that was really interesting, but I totally missed it upon the first watch.

Mare of Easttown
Mare was fucking amazing. I'm probably going to rewatch it before I dump the subscription.

Top to bottom, really fucking good. A little more aggressive in that it was a bigger story, but really, REALLY good.

Anyone that hasn't watched it. Do it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:45 AM 11-30-2021
Trying to decide whether to check out. Tough to tell if it'll be bonkers bad or bonkers good, but the reviews are coming in and seem promising.

I've been watching this and really enjoying it. It's Alive meets Lord of the Flies meets Mean Girls meets mid-90s references.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 171
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up