ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 171
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:20 PM 07-01-2017
Just finished binge watching last season and a half of Reign. Whatta' soap opera they turned the last days of Mary Queen of Scots into, when they already had so much to work with on her life as it was, which was tragic, full of intrigue, betrayal, murder and passion already. Her people were a nasty bunch.

I thought a few of the early episodes were going to keep the series going this way, but then it improved. Last portion of Season 3 -Season 4 were like Young and the Restless.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:50 PM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Catch it while you can. Network cancelled it. Don't know the details of why. News just broke this morning.

Preliminarily, sounds like Carmichael wasn't in the mood to back off controversy and network wanted a safe sitcom instead.

Pity.
Yeah, I saw that and thought of you. It's a good show and I know you really liked it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:06 PM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, I saw that and thought of you. It's a good show and I know you really liked it.
Eh, I'll live. I liked how they had the confidence to make everyone on the look like a little bit of an asshole. That way everyone's POV gets aired without anyone looking like a savior. I have a soft spot for humor that isn't smug or self-satisfied.

I'm sure he'll find his footing elsewhere, and the rest of the cast is talented enough to drop in anywhere and shine.

But what do I know, I'm just some pop culture obsessive who didn't have the wherewithall to parlay a Yale law degree into a ratty bong and an exhausted couch.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:14 PM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Just finished binge watching last season and a half of Reign. Whatta' soap opera they turned the last days of Mary Queen of Scots into, when they already had so much to work with on her life as it was, which was tragic, full of intrigue, betrayal, murder and passion already. Her people were a nasty bunch.

I thought a few of the early episodes were going to keep the series going this way, but then it improved. Last portion of Season 3 -Season 4 were like Young and the Restless.
I tried to watch the first season and it was pretty bad. It doesn't surprise me it went full soap opera. Sucks.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:19 PM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I tried to watch the first season and it was pretty bad. It doesn't surprise me it went full soap opera. Sucks.
Yeah, it was in the first season, it looked pretty bad but it was the opening scene where there was an attempted poisoning of her food at the convent where she was raised that was a really good hook into the story. Then it was just girl gossipy. Her life was simply tragic when you look up her real story.

A loved watching Adelaide Kane in that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:25 PM 07-16-2017
I caught Shooter on Netflix.

It was pretty decent. But I haven't read the book.

It had a lot going against it. I'd seen and enjoyed the movie. I'm no Ryan Philleppe fan. All I can think about is that puke role he played in Cruel intentions. Also Cynthia Addai-Robinsons performance in Spartacus was downright unbearable. Both acted their parts well enough to make me look past the priors. And damn. Philippe is yoked the fuck out. He isn't a soft bitch anymore.

Moreover the story had trouble grabbing me and making it believable I suppose. That's a pretty subjective gripe as I can't see too much they did wrong necessarily. Maybe I just knew where the story was going so I'm hypercritical. Even with the little girl tie in (I have a daughter not much younger than that). I don't know. Something didn't feel believable about the thing.

All in all though it's worth a watch. The production value is very good for a USA show and the action is pretty damned good. The fight scenes alone are worth watching. It comes back Tuesday. I'll set the DVR.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:49 AM 07-17-2017
i need to remember to type show names rather than embed a trailer. my gut says i have posted this before, but not certain.

season 1 has been out a couple years, but this year season 2 will premiere.

it's an aussie drama called 'Glitch'

personally, i love the show. you will have to decide on your own. depending on region it is on netflix.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 PM 07-24-2017
People of Earth quietly returns to TBS tonight.

If you want a sweet amiable comedy with just a touch of weirdness. Imagine if The Office was about Scully and Mulder instead of Jim and Pam, and you're most of the way there.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:01 PM 07-24-2017
People of Earth is great.
[Reply]
Silock 10:11 PM 07-24-2017
I can't watch Shameless. It's good, but I don't like any of the characters and find it hard to root for any of them to succeed. Makes it hard to watch. Same with Always Sunny for me. I get that they're good. They're just not my jam.

Master of None is amazing, especially season 2.

Just finished Last Chance U season 2. Season 1 is probably better, as season 2 is pretty dark.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 PM 07-24-2017
I tried Shameless too. I just can't. Even though, I'm a pretty big fan of Emmy Rossum's boobs.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:46 AM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Silock:
I can't watch Shameless. It's good, but I don't like any of the characters and find it hard to root for any of them to succeed. Makes it hard to watch. Same with Always Sunny for me. I get that they're good. They're just not my jam.

Master of None is amazing, especially season 2.

Just finished Last Chance U season 2. Season 1 is probably better, as season 2 is pretty dark.
if you can't watch the us version of shameless, don't even try the UK version.

always sunny is great film only because i could see myself playing any one of those roles.

last chance U, i binged. the only thing i took away from it was that grown men are babies if they don't get what they want. it featured nothing but whingers, from the coaching staff to the players. hell, even the hottest chick said 'these people are too stoopid even for me'. :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:46 AM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I tried Shameless too. I just can't. Even though, I'm a pretty big fan of Emmy Rossum's boobs.
shameless is an R rated version of married with children :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:43 PM 08-09-2017
Picked up Travelers on Netflix. It is a pretty decent watch. It got kind of convoluted toward the end but it about has to with a time traveler flick. It did a nice job with pacing and developing the story. The acting was really good and seemed believable.

Also caught Ozark. It was decent. The acting and production was pretty damned top notch. Some of the writing was wonky but definitely worth the watch.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:02 AM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Catch it while you can. Network cancelled it. Don't know the details of why. News just broke this morning.

Preliminarily, sounds like Carmichael wasn't in the mood to back off controversy and network wanted a safe sitcom instead.

Pity.
so i couldn't binge it, but am ch131'ing it. they don't have all the streams, but season 2 episode 9 is so CP :-)

if you have watched what if chat rooms are real (the parlor), this is a thousand times better (the episode)

click at your own risk if you aren't used to streaming, unless you are used to chan131 streaming format.

Spoiler!

i won't lie, he is me.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 171
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up