< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Australian Open Tennis
Silock 10:28 PM 01-17-2008
I guess updated for 2012?

Americans are all out.
[Reply]
Silock 11:55 PM 01-18-2008
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Yer I fully understand where you’re coming from, I know a lot of people who just go against Federier or for whoever’s Australian, but for me when you have wankers like Hewitt representing your country, I just can’t bring myself to go for them. The others are fine though lol…No offense but those guys just need to get more consistent. Both still have a lot of potential especially Rodick with his serving ability.
Roddick is just too slow. Every time I watch him, the only thing I can think is he really is just a one trick pony. His backhand sucks, and his forehand is above average at best. If his opponent gets him on the run, he's toast.

To me, James Blake has more potential simply because he's more athletic, and it seems like all the top players are just great all around athletes. They're all quick and have more than one trick up their sleeve.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 11:56 PM 01-18-2008
Originally Posted by Guru:
He said wankers. :-) I love it!!!

Roddick is really lacking the right coach. But then again, if Conners can't get him to adjust then who can?
Hahaha just for u :-) . Mmmm much like the NFL some players are just un coachable… Oh well…
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 11:58 PM 01-18-2008
Originally Posted by Silock:
Roddick is just too slow. Every time I watch him, the only thing I can think is he really is just a one trick pony. His backhand sucks, and his forehand is above average at best. If his opponent gets him on the run, he's toast.

To me, James Blake has more potential simply because he's more athletic, and it seems like all the top players are just great all around athletes. They're all quick and have more than one trick up their sleeve.
I dont know if u noticed this last night (or whenever for u) but Roddick seems to give up on some balls way to quickly.
[Reply]
007 11:59 PM 01-18-2008
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
I dont know if u noticed this last night (or whenever for u) but Roddick seems to give up on some balls way to quickly.
He is no Boris Becker.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 12:00 AM 01-19-2008
He is no Boris Becker.
:-)
[Reply]
Silock 12:01 AM 01-19-2008
Yeah, I think it's because he knows he's too slow to get to most of them, so he gives up on ALL of them too quickly.

Man, just watching this Federer match, it's unreal how good he is. Every shot he makes somehow manages to make it's way in.
[Reply]
007 12:09 AM 01-19-2008
Yeah, I think it's because he knows he's too slow to get to most of them, so he gives up on ALL of them too quickly.

Man, just watching this Federer match, it's unreal how good he is. Every shot he makes somehow manages to make it's way in.
I have never seen him get rattled either.
[Reply]
Silock 12:32 AM 01-19-2008
I've seen him get rattled, but I've never seen him lose a match. I can't remember what match it was last year, but I remember him getting a little crazy at Wimbledon (or was it the US Open?).

It's like playing a computer on the ultimate highest difficulty. Beatable, in theory, but you're not going to do it more than once in your life.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:10 AM 01-19-2008
I've seen him get rattled, but I've never seen him lose a match. I can't remember what match it was last year, but I remember him getting a little crazy at Wimbledon (or was it the US Open?).

It's like playing a computer on the ultimate highest difficulty. Beatable, in theory, but you're not going to do it more than once in your life.
You've never watched him lose in the French Open?

Quite a match going on right now. He finally broke Tipserovic to go up 9-8 here in the 5th set, looks like he's going to win.
[Reply]
HolmeZz 04:15 AM 01-19-2008
Federer advances in a classic.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:16 AM 01-19-2008
Finally a winner in Federer, I've been sitting in the same spot for awhile.
[Reply]
Silock 04:56 AM 01-19-2008
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You've never watched him lose in the French Open?

Quite a match going on right now. He finally broke Tipserovic to go up 9-8 here in the 5th set, looks like he's going to win.
I've never managed to catch a match where I've watched him lose. Of course I know that he's lost a match before :-) I'm just saying I've never watched it when it's happened.
[Reply]
007 05:45 AM 01-19-2008
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Finally a winner in Federer, I've been sitting in the same spot for awhile.
Are you kidding me? CRAP!!!! I could have watched it and just figured he would roll.

Oh well. Guess it is better this way. I would just be mad that he won anyway. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:11 AM 01-19-2008
Are you kidding me? CRAP!!!! I could have watched it and just figured he would roll.

Oh well. Guess it is better this way. I would just be mad that he won anyway. :-)
Still no love for Federer? :-)
[Reply]
chiefqueen 11:07 AM 01-19-2008
The obligatory 4 AM Aussie time bump - the Hewitt match is still going.

I don't think there is a tiebreaker in the 5th set (only at the US Open).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 33
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up