ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 324
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:05 AM 05-31-2023
It would be great if Mahomes adjusted his deal to bring Hopkins on board, if for nothing more than to have Florio flip the fuck out and have a stroke on PFT.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 AM 05-31-2023
I would restructure Kelce's contract.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:14 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:

If we freed up 10M, we could spend it. and if we raise Mahomes salary, I think it'll happen on the back end more, I don't see them raising this or next years numbers.
From what has been being said it will not later. It will be in the next year or maybe 2 depending on the guaranteed contract dollars he has already made the guaranteed.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:18 AM 05-31-2023
I wonder what the lifetime value of endorsements and etc is for players who play with Mahomes and win Super Bowls and if that ever factors into a decision with a guy like Dhop?
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:25 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
From what has been being said it will not later. It will be in the next year or maybe 2 depending on the guaranteed contract dollars he has already made the guaranteed.
I just don't see it personally. especially considering his 24 and 25 roster bonus (which we essentially made into his salary to allow us max restructure potential) are already fully guaranteed.

Who outside of PFT and DBag Florio has said this? I haven't really seen anyone. Veach said they would look at it after Herbert and Burrow extended. Also, Mahomes comments' didn't suggest this is something that would happen right away either, which makes me wonder if we'll see anything of this this offseason at all.

If they do anything, It'll be pumping up numbers after a couple years, or throwing it on the final 5 years, or possibly even be (although this isn't a Veach typical move) Void years.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:32 AM 05-31-2023
I just don't see it personally. especially considering his 24 and 25 roster bonus (which we essentially made into his salary to allow us max restructure potential) are already fully guaranteed.

Who outside of PFT and DBag Florio has said this? I haven't really seen anyone. Veach said they would look at it after Herbert and Burrow extended. Also, Mahomes comments' didn't suggest this is something that would happen right away either, which makes me wonder if we'll see anything of this this offseason at all.

If they do anything, It'll be pumping up numbers after a couple years, or throwing it on the final 5 years, or possibly even be (although this isn't a Veach typical move) Void years.
Matt Derrick and many of the Chiefs podcasts are suggesting that these adjustments will take effect in 2024 or 2025 and will add to every year there after. Backloading his contract to out up a fake number is not how this will happen.
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:42 AM 05-31-2023
Matt Derrick and many of the Chiefs podcasts are suggesting that these adjustments will take effect in 2024 or 2025 and will add to every year there after. Backloading his contract to out up a fake number is not how this will happen.
Not saying it will put up a fake number, especially considering his rolling guarantees make that virtually impossible, I'm suggesting that Veach will realize that as the cap overall grows, he'll be able to eat a much larger contract. We already have a built in large restructure year built into the contract in 2027, all I'm suggesting is they add to that as the cap will be much higher then and the percentage of cap Mahomes eats up won't be as large.

I don't think Mahomes would put this immediately on his contract as he wants to win more than anything. Also, this isn't like that Gronk situation where it held back positional salaries, as other QBs have already superseded Mahomes salary, so the NFLPA/ players aren't seeing the negative effects they saw with the Gronk situation.

Just because you give a player cash money now, doesn't mean the cap hit can't be 5 years from now.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:46 AM 05-31-2023
This is accurate. Mahomes trigger year is 2027 which partially vests in 2026. I suspect after the 2025 season they will adjust what will likely be an $80mm cap number into a new deal and start all over again with a similar deal that guarantees the bulk of the money 1-2 years in advance.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:50 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No, you reported that a Chiefs player had "demanded" a trade in late February because of EB's failings. Hill obviously got traded but there is zero evidence anywhere that 1/ it had anything to do with EB and 2/ he ever demanded anything.

And you lost credibility with this gem about Clay's fantasy novel thread:

So much LOL with you, DJBill. I want Hopkins as bad as the next guy but you don't need to spin this fan fiction.
There's a number of things wrong with his posts. But CP loves this shit, let them have their fun i say.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:50 AM 05-31-2023
Not saying it will put up a fake number, especially considering his rolling guarantees make that virtually impossible, I'm suggesting that Veach will realize that as the cap overall grows, he'll be able to eat a much larger contract. We already have a built in large restructure year built into the contract in 2027, all I'm suggesting is they add to that as the cap will be much higher then and the percentage of cap Mahomes eats up won't be as large.

I don't think Mahomes would put this immediately on his contract as he wants to win more than anything. Also, this isn't like that Gronk situation where it held back positional salaries, as other QBs have already superseded Mahomes salary, so the NFLPA/ players aren't seeing the negative effects they saw with the Gronk situation.

Just because you give a player cash money now, doesn't mean the cap hit can't be 5 years from now.
If you give a player a signing or other bonus now you can spread it out equally over a maximum of the five subsequent years. You can’t just tack it onto the fifth year. But that’s the beauty of what Veach constructed — by doing the deal without this bonus upfront you can restructure part or all of Mahomes contract each year and reduce the number to 20%. Eventually that catches up with you but that’s why they built 2027 in as the trigger that will almost certainly require us to tear up the existing deal then.
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:55 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If you give a player a signing or other bonus now you can spread it out equally over a maximum of the five subsequent years. You can’t just tack it onto the fifth year. But that’s the beauty of what Veach constructed — by doing the deal without this bonus upfront you can restructure part or all of Mahomes contract each year and reduce the number to 20%. Eventually that catches up with you but that’s why they built 2027 in as the trigger that will almost certainly require us to tear up the existing deal then.
I know that. Sorry I framed that poorly. I meant, you can pay a player cash and it not come out right now and comes out the next 5 years. I'm at work and am actually kinda busy but wanting to contribute. What I meant was that if we add something, 2027 is the logical start year. I could see them going a year or maybe 2 earlier, but I just honestly don't see it happening like his whole contract will get overhauled before next season, or honestly even the next one.

But who knows. I'm not in those rooms. I think it became a talking point so everyone wants to have a take or act like their in the room, so you have countless reports coming out over something Florio complained about.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 10:35 AM 05-31-2023
"He also said that if an agreement isn’t reached … by flying under the radar the Chiefs don’t lose face in the eyes of the NFL and their fans. He also said that two local news media sources have actual footage of DeHop in Kansas City … but have been asked to hold the story until details develop."

This is the part that makes me highly skeptical of your post. If they are trying to fly under the radar, then why would he give you this information? Did he know you would post it on a public forum? Did you ask for permission to post it?
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:38 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
"He also said that if an agreement isn’t reached … by flying under the radar the Chiefs don’t lose face in the eyes of the NFL and their fans. He also said that two local news media sources have actual footage of DeHop in Kansas City … but have been asked to hold the story until details develop."

This is the part that makes me highly skeptical of your post. If they are trying to fly under the radar, then why would he give you this information? Did he know you would post it on a public forum? Did you ask for permission to post it?

Unnamed source from a basically anonymous source on the interweb is not the same as the media with footage - just saying....
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:47 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There's a number of things wrong with his posts. But CP loves this shit, let them have their fun i say.
Anybody that sneaks the phrase "Clay was right" into not just one post but several has no credibility.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:50 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
This is getting interesting.
Let me consult the Magic 8 Ball and I will get back to you all.

It's happening!!!
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 76 of 324
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up