View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 168 of 343
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Based on everything ive seen thus far the dude had a pretty good game.
He was okay. But just okay.

Wylie is a whole different and more pressing issue, in my opinion.

All of the talk about Brown, at least on my part, is about the position post 2022 and his contract desires.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah because the draft is the only way to acquire players. Good job.
How often is a good LT available in FA?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:28 PM 09-18-2022
So we can't trade or sign free agents anymore now because of some bad signings? That makes sense.
WHAT WE CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE?

Fine. You want to play dumbass, I'll treat you like a dumbass. Dumbass.

Try again, dumbass.
[Reply]
-King- 12:33 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
How often is a good LT available in FA?
Not often. But if the alternative is signing Brown to a record setting contract, then you should go and look for one. Like DJ said, you don't have to find a perfect LT. You might get one that's worse than brown at run blocking but as good or better at pass blocking. If he's not demanding top money, then it's a much better value than Brown.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:45 PM 09-18-2022
Not often. But if the alternative is signing Brown to a record setting contract, then you should go and look for one. Like DJ said, you don't have to find a perfect LT. You might get one that's worse than brown at run blocking but as good or better at pass blocking. If he's not demanding top money, then it's a much better value than Brown.
The players you are describing either aren’t good or are old. The Jets just did that with Duane Brown. He’s already injured and out for the season.

It’s not worth the risk of protecting the most valuable asset in franchise history in his prime.
[Reply]
-King- 12:48 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The players you are describing either aren’t good or are old. The Jets just did that with Duane Brown. He’s already injured and out for the season.

It’s not worth the risk of protecting the most valuable asset in franchise history in his prime.
Like I said, if they want to give him the same contract they offered him last off season, fine. He had no reason to decline it. It was guaranteed for injury so he would have got $50+mil if he got injured. It just wasn't guaranteed for skill. If he believes in his skills, why wouldn't he sign it?
[Reply]
srvy 01:11 PM 09-18-2022
I just want Patrick to have a serious injury free career. I fear this won't happen especially if he keeps taking punishment after the balls out. He is simply taking a beating at the end of the play.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:25 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He was okay. But just okay.

Wylie is a whole different and more pressing issue, in my opinion.

All of the talk about Brown, at least on my part, is about the position post 2022 and his contract desires.
niang has gotta come back asap. say what you want about the bum but im pretty sure he is an improvement.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:44 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You never even say who you want? What would you give up to get "this" guy.

So it seems the plan is get rid of him. Use most of our draft capital we got in previous trades to move up in a piss poor LT draft? Really?

Some of you are insane. That's never going to happen. We need those draft picks to replenish the team.
Oh, I agree. I think keeping Brown is clearly the best idea. I'm curious who others think we could find to replace him and protect Pat.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:26 PM 09-18-2022
Yosh Nijman gave up a sack a few minutes ago, but has played quite well replacing Bahktiari. And Jenkins, who got hurt as well. Most of last year was Nijman.

Pretty good. Not amazing, but pretty good, 26 years old, has shown he's of decent starting LT quality. Probably would like a chance to start as Bahktiari is returning in a few weeks. There's a possible trade target.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Oh, I agree. I think keeping Brown is clearly the best idea. I'm curious who others think we could find to replace him and protect Pat.
Keeping Brown on the tag another year? Yeah, sure.

At a record breaking LT contract? Nope.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:45 PM 09-18-2022
Yosh Nijman has Robert Quinn of eleventy billion sacks last year pretty much one on one this game. Quinn got him once, but other than that, Niman has pretty well stonewalled him.
Bahktiari is their high paid starter stud, and Kelly is their usual back-up.

I'll bet you could get Nijman for a mid round pick.

Anyway, you guys wanted a plan. Here's one.

Tag Brown and trade him to...say...Tennessee for a 2nd.

Send a 3rd to Green Bay for Nijman. I bet they'd rather keep him as insurance rather than let him go for anything less.

Use all that extra money to sign a pass rusher and/or perhaps a plus RT. And we still have a full complement of picks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:29 PM 09-18-2022
I killed the thread, I guess. LOL
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:48 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I killed the thread, I guess. LOL
Terrible ideas will do that
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:54 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Terrible ideas will do that
terrible ideas, eh?

You want to pay OBJ record breaking money?

I call that a terrible idea.

You watch Nijman play against Quinn? Looks pretty good. He'll be expendable, and a lot cheaper than Brown-and the same age.

I don't think that's a terrible idea.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 343
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218268 > Last »
Up