ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 240
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:40 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I think he belongs in Canton for his offensive genius, but his management skills outweigh them for me simply because playoff games almost always come down to management. I mean, we have the QB. THE QB. He can overcome weaker game plans and he can audible out of bad play calls, but he can't un-punt a football. He can't un-call a time out. What Reid did with Moore tonight was impressive and should be applauded, but it didn't matter because Reid doesn't know how to finish a game.
Bud Grant is saving him a seat.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:40 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It sure did fail to acknowledge it in any way.

Complaining about Reid tonight is silly. The guy did an excellent job getting 24 pts. out of Matt Moore with Cameron Erving at LT. Going against that Packers secondary/pass rush makes it all the more impressive.
I said the small decisions get in the way of him being rewarded for it, referring to the quoted posts point about his great game plans.

I was pleased and surprised with a lot of what I saw today outside of the linebackers coverage and run stopping abilities. And McCoy s fumble of course. And Rodgers two pass plays.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:41 PM 10-27-2019
This “big game” would’ve been a blowout if it were anybody else calling plays with Matt ****ing Moore at QB. Yes, he should’ve went for it on 4th down, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was an offensive wizard tonight and was the only reason this team was in the game to begin with. That’s why I facepalmed your stupid ****ing take. Do you still not get that?

You act like Matt Moore is Matt Cassel and Reid worked miracles out there.

They still LOST BECAUSE OF REID'S DECISIONS.

NO ONE IS QUESTIONING REID'S OFFENSIVE PROWESS WHEN IT COMES TO PLAY DESIGN.

WE QUESTION HIS SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. REPEATEDLY.

DO YOU STILL NOT GET THAT!?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:43 PM 10-27-2019
Complaining about Reid tonight is silly. The guy did an excellent job getting 24 pts. out of Matt Moore with Cameron Erving at LT.
Andy the de-facto OC did great tonight.

Andy the HC failed again with terrible late in-game management.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:43 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You act like Matt Moore is Matt Cassel and Reid worked miracles out there.

They still LOST BECAUSE OF REID'S DECISIONS.

NO ONE IS QUESTIONING REID'S OFFENSIVE PROWESS WHEN IT COMES TO PLAY DESIGN.

WE QUESTION HIS SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. REPEATEDLY.

DO YOU STILL NOT GET THAT!?
Umm Matt Moore IS fucking Matt Cassel
[Reply]
RunKC 10:44 PM 10-27-2019
I mean we were the worst team in the league in penalties and (to no ones surprise!) that cost our season.

You can’t do that shit against good teams, especially Belichick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:45 PM 10-27-2019
Andy should not have punted but likely it makes no difference.

He didn't do anything but prove he is one of the greatest coaches of all time tonight.

End of story.

This team needs to get healthy, go on a classic Andy Reid second-half run, and then slay our demon.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:47 PM 10-27-2019
Umm Matt Moore IS ****ing Matt Cassel
Actually, he isn't.

Matt Moore came to Arrowhead and beat the sleeves off us with Miami when we had Matt Cassel.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:47 PM 10-27-2019
I think he belongs in Canton for his offensive genius, but his management skills outweigh them for me simply because playoff games almost always come down to management. I mean, we have the QB. THE QB. He can overcome weaker game plans and he can audible out of bad play calls, but he can't un-punt a football. He can't un-call a time out. What Reid did with Moore tonight was impressive and should be applauded, but it didn't matter because Reid doesn't know how to finish a game.
If Reid goes for that 4th down and we don't get it, I'm not blaming Andy.

I'd have applauded him given the state of the reeling D and who was the opposing QB. It's all about momentum. I knew KC wasn't getting that ball back.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:49 PM 10-27-2019
And if Matt Moore was our QB1 then this would make sense. I don't think anyone can argue tonight wasn't an impressive job by Reid, but he did the same shit he always does and it resulted in an L. He'll do it with Mahomes and a healthy defense in the playoffs, too, if he gets the chance. That's the point. The loss tonight is not totally on Reid because he's the only reason we were in it. But he'll do this same thing when the season is on the line and being reminded of it tonight is panic inducing.
He's been doing the same thing his entire career.

His brilliant offensive mind gets his team in a position to win. His stupid Head Coaching mind will do it's best to fuck it up.

Don't forget the undisciplined team he's created. That comes from practices, meetings and general attitude. Teams take after their coaches and Andy Reid is a friendly, good-hearted ... sloppy, undisciplined coach.

I also his recent family issues have made him rethink his priorities. He wants to help his son Britt develop a career. He wants his job to be pleasant and enjoyable. Things that come before winning a Super Bowl. JMO
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

I'd have applauded him given the state of the reeling D and who was the opposing QB.
I’m not saying you in particular, but if we went for it and didn’t get it, a lot of these same people would be bitching about the playcall as opposed to the decision to go for it.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:49 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

I'd have applauded him given the state of the reeling D and who was the opposing QB. It's all about momentum. I knew KC wasn't getting that ball back.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:50 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Andy should not have punted but likely it makes no difference.

He didn't do anything but prove he is one of the greatest coaches of all time tonight.

End of story.

This team needs to get healthy, go on a classic Andy Reid second-half run, and then slay our demon.
Great.

We'll lose next week vs Vikings, beat Oakland, then go to NE, beat them there, and wind up going 9-7 and home for the playoffs.

Classic Reid.

Classic Andy.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:50 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Actually, he isn't.

Matt Moore came to Arrowhead and beat the sleeves off us with Miami when we had Matt Cassel.
Heh, I didn't remember that game.

Box score:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1111060kan.htm
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:51 PM 10-27-2019
I’m not saying you in particular, but if we went for it and didn’t get it, a lot of these same people would be bitching about the playcall as opposed to the decision to go for it.
If we don't get it whatever. At least we tried to tie the game with our best weapon, which was still the offense.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 240
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 > Last »
Up