ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Not smoking pot
rabblerouser 06:20 PM 07-31-2018
So, for the first time in my adult life, for several reasons, I am abstaining from ingesting anything with THC.

DAY 3 :

Jittery, anxious. No coffee this morning. Stomach is..."tight."

Yogurt for breakfast.

The day seemed to drag on and on, in a painful way.

I have some real anxiety issues, and my self-control is being tested.

Anyone ever take a 'hiatus' or quit and have some...'side effects'?

I could take a benzo or a painkiller, but I'm really not a fan of either...

Trying to be normal.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:33 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
lord of the rings was way more realistic and brainwashed a lot more people.
First time I've ever heard Lord of the Rings linked to brain washing. Do tell.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:50 AM 03-20-2020
Oh, I see the child molester protecting catholic is still running around telling everyone they are going to hell because they don't believe the same as him. What a clown.

Pot is a mortal sin? Like child molestation and hiding those same molesters from criminal prosecution? You mean like extreme wealth that the catholic church has come out against? How much gold and oppulence does the Vatican hold again?

You are a joke. Your church is a joke. And the rest of the world is starting to see it as ever dwindling numbers of Catholics continue to rise.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:20 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Oh, I see the child molester protecting catholic is still running around telling everyone they are going to hell because they don't believe the same as him. What a clown.

Pot is a mortal sin? Like child molestation and hiding those same molesters from criminal prosecution? You mean like extreme wealth that the catholic church has come out against? How much gold and oppulence does the Vatican hold again?

You are a joke. Your church is a joke. And the rest of the world is starting to see it as ever dwindling numbers of Catholics continue to rise.
You're only looking at the smallest sample sizes of bad. Truth is this sexual abuse extends throughout our whole society. Even CP has a forum on teachers having relations with underage students. How about the Me Too movement? Its everywhere, it's bad, and its certainly not a Catholic specific problem.

You just hear about more because Catholics are held to the highest standard of society and rightfully so. After all, the The Pillar of Truth must be held to the highest standard and more proactive adjustments have been made due to those scandals that have put a black eye on the church. But the Church will survive. When our numbers grow smaller, we grow stronger. Those who wash out in the faith never had to fortitude to begin with otherwise they still be here.

“One cannot live a whole life accusing, accusing, accusing, the church,"he said. People who did, he said, were “the friends, cousins and relatives of the devil”. Pope Francis

(Accusing without love I believe is the point here. Just hating the church without wanting to making it better is clearly the work of the Devil.)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:57 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Will smoking weed keep a person out of heaven? How about beer and spirits? And those 5 hour energy shots they sell in gas stations?
No, salvation is not and has never been based on works.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:58 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
You're only looking at the smallest sample sizes of bad. Truth is this sexual abuse extends throughout our whole society. Even CP has a forum on teachers having relations with underage students. How about the Me Too movement? Its everywhere, it's bad, and its certainly not a Catholic specific problem.

You just hear about more because Catholics are held to the highest standard of society and rightfully so. After all, the The Pillar of Truth must be held to the highest standard and more proactive adjustments have been made due to those scandals that have put a black eye on the church. But the Church will survive. When our numbers grow smaller, we grow stronger. Those who wash out in the faith never had to fortitude to begin with otherwise they still be here.

“One cannot live a whole life accusing, accusing, accusing, the church,"he said. People who did, he said, were “the friends, cousins and relatives of the devil”. Pope Francis

(Accusing without love I believe is the point here. Just hating the church without wanting to making it better is clearly the work of the Devil.)
The pillar of truth is Christ, not the catholic church.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:08 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
The pillar of truth is Christ, not the catholic church.

"if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." 1 Timothy 3:15

Jusus makes up the head of the church. His members make up your body. (We believe in one holy, Catholic, and apostolic church, of which is of the design of Jesus himself. Otherwise he would have never had apostles. 1500 years, one church called itself Christian.)

Jesus said to Peter, the first Pope anointed by Christ himself. "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:14 AM 03-20-2020
No, salvation is not and has never been based on works.
Only one time does the bible talk about faith alone. (This is why Martin Luther wished to remove the book of James.)

"
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [a]your works, and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2:14-26
[Reply]
stevieray 08:16 AM 03-20-2020
"if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." 1 Timothy 3:15

Jusus makes up the head of the church. His members make up your body. (We believe in one holy, Catholic, and apostolic church, of which is of the design of Jesus himself. Otherwise he would have never had apostles. 1500 years, one church called itself Christian.)

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19
No, the design of the catholic church was to infuse state and government by Constantine.

And your verse from Timothy is misguided, it's not referring to Catholics...know why? because earlier in the verse it mentions bishops' WIVES.

There are no more apostles.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:18 AM 03-20-2020
Only one time does the bible talk about faith alone. (This is why Martin Luther wished to remove the book of James.)

"
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [a]your works, and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2:14-26
Works does not create faith
Faith creates works.

Faith without works is dead, but let's not pretend works help you achieve salvation..... that ONLY comes from Christ.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:28 AM 03-20-2020
Talk about a buzz kill getting all this religion in a pot thread, doesn’t a place called dc/ religion forum still reside on this forum?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:32 AM 03-20-2020
Works does not create faith
Faith creates works.

Faith without works is dead, but let's not pretend works help you achieve salvation..... that ONLY comes from Christ.
Jesus saves. I agree. But Catholics believe in a much more personal faith, a much more personal God, through uniting with Christ through the Eucharist and living our lives in the way Jesus taught. It is the transformation, anchored by faith, that makes works possible. Otherwise it isnt possible. We cant do it alone.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:33 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Talk about a buzz kill getting all this religion in a pot thread, doesn’t a place called dc/ religion forum still reside on this forum?
Let it be brother. We're growing together. All love.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:36 AM 03-20-2020
No, the design of the catholic church was to infuse state and government by Constantine.

And your verse from Timothy is misguided, it's not referring to Catholics...know why? because earlier in the verse it mentions bishops' WIVES.

There are no more apostles.
There's a line of Popes that go back before Constantine. Many of them were martyed. The authority was given by Christ and passed on through Tradition.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:44 AM 03-20-2020
Jesus saves. I agree. But Catholics believe in a much more personal faith, a much more personal God, through uniting with Christ through the Eucharist and living our lives in the way Jesus taught. It is the transformation, anchored by faith, that makes works possible. Otherwise it isnt possible. We cant do it alone.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
Through the Eucharist?

No.

Faith comes from hearing/reading the Word of God.

Catholics don't read "their" bible. They also think you need an intercessor, when the true intercessor is Christ alone.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:46 AM 03-20-2020
There's a line of Popes that go back before Constantine. Many of them were martyed. The authority was given by Christ and passed on through Tradition.
No.

Apostles were martyred.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up