ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 2688
« First < 4797137143144145146147 1481491501511571972476471147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 05:34 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
24 Wonderlic for Bray...meh, could be better, could be worse.
Doesn't mean much. Jamarcus Russell scored 24 while Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Donovan McNabb scored in the teens. That test can be gamed by a dummy who is willing to give up on questions after 15 seconds. Someone who is determined to answer every question can end up penalizing themselves by taking too long to answer certain questions. Speed is the name of the game.
[Reply]
rico 06:30 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Doesn't mean much. Jamarcus Russell scored 24 while Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Donovan McNabb scored in the teens. That test can be gamed by a dummy who is willing to give up on questions after 15 seconds. Someone who is determined to answer every question can end up penalizing themselves by taking too long to answer certain questions. Speed is the name of the game.
Yeah, I agree for the most part. I mean, even doofi (is that plural for doofus?) like Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick were able to score over 40. No need for me to babble on about those 2...everyone here knows my opinion of Alex.

I just think the "Tyler Bray is a dummy" thing has been a bit over-exaggerated/over-assumed here. I think he was immature when he was drafted...making some Chad Kelly-esque decisions. And the guy was not seasoned when it came to being interviewed...at the combine, he would say things like, "uhhh, yeah...I think I'm ready for the NFL...I did fine in the SEC and the SEC basically is the same thing as the NFL." Or when asked about some of the insight he received from coaches leading to the draft, he'd say, "uhh, well...yeah, they just told me I need to be more mature, you know, stuff like that." He'd be all nonchalant and "no big deal" about it. It was actually kind of funny depending on how you look at it.

He's had 3-4 years to mature. I think he's probably done an ok job in doing so...the biggest "dumbass" moment he has had since signing with the Chiefs was tearing his ACL playing basketball. Nothing like throwing beer bottles at cars or thrashing around drunk on a jet-ski like he did the year leading to the draft. He's beaten out two (3 including Stanzi) of our draft picks since he has been in KC.

I like him. He really showed some good stuff in some of his preseason action. Plus, I think the dude is funny. I hope he backs up Mahomes.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:29 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is exactly the draft that Mitch Holthus wanted for the Chiefs. He said ignore quarterback and take Tre'Davious White. That's who the Bills took. I like White but then everybody involved got fired. Mitch Holthus has never addressed it since. He has a lot of Bad Opinions when it comes to personnel though.
What do you mean 'everybody got fired'?

They fired their GM after the draft, but he was totally locked out of the draft and his termination had already been decided. He didn't contribute to any picks or trades.

They just didn't want to put an executive on the market that knew their draft strategy PRIOR to the draft so they waited until after the draft to fire him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:18 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Yeah, I agree for the most part. I mean, even doofi (is that plural for doofus?) like Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick were able to score over 40. No need for me to babble on about those 2...everyone here knows my opinion of Alex.

I just think the "Tyler Bray is a dummy" thing has been a bit over-exaggerated/over-assumed here. I think he was immature when he was drafted...making some Chad Kelly-esque decisions. And the guy was not seasoned when it came to being interviewed...at the combine, he would say things like, "uhhh, yeah...I think I'm ready for the NFL...I did fine in the SEC and the SEC basically is the same thing as the NFL." Or when asked about some of the insight he received from coaches leading to the draft, he'd say, "uhh, well...yeah, they just told me I need to be more mature, you know, stuff like that." He'd be all nonchalant and "no big deal" about it. It was actually kind of funny depending on how you look at it.

He's had 3-4 years to mature. I think he's probably done an ok job in doing so...the biggest "dumbass" moment he has had since signing with the Chiefs was tearing his ACL playing basketball. Nothing like throwing beer bottles at cars or thrashing around drunk on a jet-ski like he did the year leading to the draft. He's beaten out two (3 including Stanzi) of our draft picks since he has been in KC.

I like him. He really showed some good stuff in some of his preseason action. Plus, I think the dude is funny. I hope he backs up Mahomes.
I guess you just gotta ask yourself when and how is it that guys learn leadership and speed. Yeah, it's true Dan Marino has an IQ of about 6, and yes, it's true that coming out of college there were toddler jokes about poopy butts that were more mature than he was.

I don't know why Marino is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game and why douches like Ryan Mallett and Jeff George with equal intelligence, maturity, and cannon arms all suck dick. It's apparent, however, that if the spectrum of success for this profile of QB exists on a spectrum from Mallett to Marino, I think we should all be pretty damn happy and excited if Bray ends up being a backup that we don't mind having around longterm, kind of like Doug Peterson or Nick Foles. If he hasn't yet impressed coaches to the point of them thinking, "we don't need Nick Foles and his overpriced contract to be our backup" in 2016, I really doubt he ever cracks the barrier of being a starting QB in this league.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:34 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I guess you just gotta ask yourself when and how is it that guys learn leadership and speed. Yeah, it's true Dan Marino has an IQ of about 6, and yes, it's true that coming out of college there were toddler jokes about poopy butts that were more mature than he was.

I don't know why Marino is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game and why douches like Ryan Mallett and Jeff George with equal intelligence, maturity, and cannon arms all suck dick. It's apparent, however, that if the spectrum of success for this profile of QB exists on a spectrum from Mallett to Marino, I think we should all be pretty damn happy and excited if Bray ends up being a backup that we don't mind having around longterm, kind of like Doug Peterson or Nick Foles. If he hasn't yet impressed coaches to the point of them thinking, "we don't need Nick Foles and his overpriced contract to be our backup" in 2016, I really doubt he ever cracks the barrier of being a starting QB in this league.
I think the bolded is part of that answer. Douches don't have the locker room. It's hard to be the team leader when people think you are a dick.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:35 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I think the bolded is part of that answer. Douches don't have the locker room. It's hard to be the team leader when people think you are a dick.
Aaron Rodgers has a reputation for being a condescending a-hole, but he is good enough at his job on the field to overcome it...for the most part. They probably should have more than one Super Bowl given his ability and the Packers organization/talent.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:52 AM 05-10-2017
if anyone wants to try to see what they would get on it here is a sample test

http://wonderlictestsample.com/wonde...onderlic-test/

I scored a 34
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:21 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:

I scored a 34
All it gives you is a percentage, or did I not scroll down far enough.
[Reply]
ct 10:24 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:

I scored a 34

left 5 unanswered and quick clicked a couple more running our of time. definitely spent too much time on some with no paper and didnt wast time using calculator. i can see how some guys score low.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:29 AM 05-10-2017
I got a 29 and some I just guessed.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 10:35 AM 05-10-2017
scored a 3. My pencil tip broke on the laptop screen thingy. That ani good?
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:31 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
What do you mean 'everybody got fired'?

They fired their GM after the draft, but he was totally locked out of the draft and his termination had already been decided. He didn't contribute to any picks or trades.

They just didn't want to put an executive on the market that knew their draft strategy PRIOR to the draft so they waited until after the draft to fire him.
They also fired the scouts.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:32 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
They also fired the scouts.
That I didn't know.

I'm pretty sure that they weren't fired for that draft though. The decisions were made prior, and a lot of people were locked out of the process.

But you don't dump your scouts and GM before the draft... that gives other teams WAY too much.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:38 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Aaron Rodgers has a reputation for being a condescending a-hole, but he is good enough at his job on the field to overcome it...for the most part. They probably should have more than one Super Bowl given his ability and the Packers organization/talent.
The NFC has been largely superior to the AFC throughout Rodgers' tenure as a starting QB.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:57 AM 05-10-2017
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/5...atrick-mahomes

Interesting thoughts to ponder.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 2688
« First < 4797137143144145146147 1481491501511571972476471147 > Last »
Up