ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 27
« First < 131920212223 24252627 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
htismaqe 03:16 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Darrisaw has issues with his work ethic and playing 100% during games. That and he didn’t come from an offense that had many deep drops like the Chiefs do. Not to say he couldn’t but that’s an issue if you’re trading up to get him.
Right. That’s exactly my point. There’s no reason to trade up. There’s no reason to even lock in on LT at 31. The separation between everybody after the top 2-3 just isn’t enough to worry about it. Find the guy with the highest upside and get him.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:14 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The separation between everybody after the top 2-3 just isn’t enough to worry about it.
Then why would you be ok with taking a LT round 1? Reaching at 31 is not smart when one of these LTs will be available in the 2nd, maybe the third. I can’t understand the panic to take a project LT in round one that won’t be better than an experienced free agent in year 1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Then why would you be ok with taking a LT round 1? Reaching at 31 is not smart when one of these LTs will be available in the 2nd, maybe the third. I can’t understand the panic to take a project LT in round one that won’t be better than an experienced free agent in year 1.
You can afford to take a project at 31. That's not a super premium pick. I didn't say I WOULD however, I said I wouldn't have a problem with it.

There's not much they can do that would have me up in arms, outside of trading away next year's first to move up.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:29 AM 04-11-2021
Lance Zierlein Ratings

Only the 1st 4 are rated 1st rounders.

Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Christian Darrisaw
Teven Jenkins
Alex Leatherwood
Stone Forsythe
Liam Eichenberg
Sam Cosmi
Dillon Radunz
Spencer Brown
Walker Little
Jaylon Moore
Brady Christensen
Josh Ball
Jalen Mayfield
James Hudson
Brenden Jaimes
D'ante Smith
Will Sherman
Tommy Doyle
[Reply]
Otter 11:31 AM 04-11-2021
Lance Zierlein Ratings

Only the 1st 4 are rated 1st rounders.

Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Christian Darrisaw
Teven Jenkins
Alex Leatherwood
Stone Forsythe
Liam Eichenberg
Sam Cosmi
Dillon Radunz
Spencer Brown
Walker Little
Jaylon Moore
Brady Christensen
Josh Ball
Jalen Mayfield
James Hudson
Brenden Jaimes
D'ante Smith
Will Sherman
Tommy Doyle
Protecting Patrick is priority 1 and replacing Sammy is 2 in my opinion. I still say Jenkins by some sort of Veach magic trick and I don't know enough about the receivers to make a call.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:52 AM 04-11-2021
I was kind of buying into the Walker Little hype, be he gets abused pretty bad in this game vs Notre Dame. Every offensive snap is in this one with Little being highlighted. Not the best, IMO.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I was kind of buying into the Walker Little hype, be he gets abused pretty bad in this game vs Notre Dame. Every offensive snap is in this one with Little being highlighted. Not the best, IMO.

I’m literally 5 minutes in and I’ve yet to see him get “abused”.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:32 PM 04-11-2021
Keep watching
[Reply]
staylor26 05:54 PM 04-11-2021
Not to mention the guy was just a true sophomore in 2018.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:04 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Protecting Patrick is priority 1 and replacing Sammy is 2 in my opinion. I still say Jenkins by some sort of Veach magic trick and I don't know enough about the receivers to make a call.
None of the tackles available at 31 can protect mahomes day 1. You still need a stop gap.
[Reply]
Otter 12:09 PM 04-11-2021
None of the tackles available at 31 can protect mahomes day 1. You still need a stop gap.
Originally Posted by :
Jenkins by some sort of Veach magic trick
Just spitballing but I'm guessing this is the direction where Veach goes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 04-11-2021
I'll take an awesome WR over a tackle that needs development every day of the week
[Reply]
Otter 02:17 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll take an awesome WR over a tackle that needs development every day of the week
Like I said I'm just spit balling but Patrick isn't going to be able to toss the rock when constantly running for his life.

I'll buy ya a beer next time I'm in LA if it isn't Jenkins. :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 05:49 PM 04-11-2021
Like I said I'm just spit balling but Patrick isn't going to be able to toss the rock when constantly running for his life.

Protection and receivers getting separation are both big parts of winning in this passing game.

The OL was poor at pass protection in the last 2 Super Bowls, but if we had more than just Kelce snd Hill that can get open, that helps the OL a lot.
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:46 PM 04-11-2021

We can’t solve LT next year in the draft. Get a developmental guy? Absolutely. Any rookie LT we draft that starts will result in mahomes running for his life. LT needs to solved in the short term via free agency.

Here’s my first 3 picks.

Jaelen Phillips DE
Rondale Moore WR
Spencer Brown OT
[Reply]
Page 23 of 27
« First < 131920212223 24252627 >
Up