ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>One Week to Retirement
Mosbonian 03:32 PM 03-22-2024
Good afternoon fellow Planeteers!

Exactly one week from today I will log off my laptop, gather what is left of my belongings at the office, hand in my equipment and turn in my badge.

After almost 48 years in my selected occupation I decided that the end of March is my retirement date. I've met many good people in my line of work and made a great deal of life long friends....(some of them Chiefs fans too)

Without getting too sentimental.....I think I have run my race and done the best I could to always be at the top of my game.

Now comes the next stage of my life....and I do have plans. But it would be nice to hear from any of the rest of you who are retired as to what happened after you retired......did you take a few weeks off before just moving to something part time or volunteer work? Or did you just hit the ground running.

Any retirement wisdom is greatly appreciated.

(And no....I am not taking a trip to Belize nor will I be drinking any anti-freeze)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:34 PM 03-22-2024
Hey Belize is nice and your retirement money goes further!
[Reply]
Chargem 03:37 PM 03-22-2024
Weird that you are being coy about your field of work even though you are about to retire from it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:41 PM 03-22-2024
I retired and spend all day masterbating
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:42 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Good afternoon fellow Planeteers!

Exactly one week from today I will log off my laptop, gather what is left of my belongings at the office, hand in my equipment and turn in my badge.

After almost 48 years in my selected occupation I decided that the end of March is my retirement date. I've met many good people in my line of work and made a great deal of life long friends....(some of them Chiefs fans too)

Without getting too sentimental.....I think I have run my race and done the best I could to always be at the top of my game.

Now comes the next stage of my life....and I do have plans. But it would be nice to hear from any of the rest of you who are retired as to what happened after you retired......did you take a few weeks off before just moving to something part time or volunteer work? Or did you just hit the ground running.

Any retirement wisdom is greatly appreciated.

(And no....I am not taking a trip to Belize nor will I be drinking any anti-freeze)
I think I'm heading that way too. :-)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:44 PM 03-22-2024
Congrats!
[Reply]
Dante84 03:44 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Weird that you are being coy about your field of work even though you are about to retire from it.
Hey, the man doesn't want to lose his job!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:46 PM 03-22-2024
Congrats. You are going to post more now, right?
[Reply]
wazu 03:50 PM 03-22-2024

[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:50 PM 03-22-2024
Weird in what way? I have posted in here before about what I do for a living.

But to satisfy your curiosity I am a Corporate Senior Credit Manager....
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:51 PM 03-22-2024
Lucky you

Have fun and enjoy it.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:51 PM 03-22-2024
Congrats, I hope you’re able to take care of your health and enjoy the things that make you happy.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:52 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think I'm heading that way too. :-)
Congrats.....means both of us will have more time for our respective Chiefs groups here in FL.

Who knows...maybe what I will do is choose a different chapter each game and drive to that city. See some other groups.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:53 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Congrats. You are going to post more now, right?
Yeah.....I was thinking of becoming the new Skip Towne. :-)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:54 PM 03-22-2024
Congratulations!

You will enjoy it.

I don't think you need to rush into a new activity, unless you are already involved with some project and would like to be more involved.

No need to commit yourself to some situation where somebody expects you to show up. They aren't the boss of you. You are.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Up