ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 46
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 09:23 AM 03-29-2024
Cam Newton is an example of a player who was pretty flamboyant while at the same time was performing as a top QB in the NFL. He caught shit for it but he seemed to love it. Caleb seems more "normal" when I hear him speak than what I remember from Cam.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:23 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because people aren't allowed to show emotions how THEY want too?
Who said that? Williams is free to bawl like an entitled toddler any time he wants, obviously.

Chris Jones doesn't catch flak for crying because he's a player on the Chiefs. Go back and look at what everyone said about the Eagles coach for doing the same thing.
Jones doesn't catch much flak from anyone. I wasn't only talking about Chiefs fans, I meant the public in general.

There is an obvious difference between shedding a few tears during a national anthem before a big game, and bawling your eyes out because you lost.

The "old people think men showing emotions in public is bad" argument is bullshit. Men have shown emotions in public for far longer than I've been alive without catching shit for it, and that includes pro athletes.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:25 AM 03-29-2024
It's also easy to throw stones from your high horse, if we didn't have Mahomes everyone would want this dude and if you didn't you'd be the one who would be questioned.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:26 AM 03-29-2024
"An entitled toddler"

LOL what on earth...dude cried cause he lost a football game, what AN ENTITLED LOSER BABY!!!!
[Reply]
wazu 09:26 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's also easy to throw stones from your high horse, if we didn't have Mahomes everyone would want this dude and if you didn't you'd be the one who would be questioned.
Absolutely. If I were a Bears fan and there was any possibility that my team was going to pass on Caleb Williams I'd be panicking right now. He's the only pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 03-29-2024
Just think about how many threads we'd have about how "but he paints his nails!" or "did you see that his phone case was pink?!".

Guys bitching about how they'll never watch the Chiefs again if they draft that "gay QB".
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:30 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
"An entitled toddler"

LOL what on earth...dude cried cause he lost a football game, what AN ENTITLED LOSER BABY!!!!
He bawled like a baby in his mom's arms, in public, because he lost a football game.

How many times have you seen an NFL QB do that?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:32 AM 03-29-2024
Just think about how many threads we'd have about how "but he paints his nails!" or "did you see that his phone case was pink?!".

Guys bitching about how they'll never watch the Chiefs again if they draft that "gay QB".
Why is our fan base full of old dudes who think everything is gay, like WTF? It's not 1964 anymore, stop freaking out over dumb shit.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:33 AM 03-29-2024
Even if he is great we won't see him except on the off year of NFC division play. Let the cursed Bears franchise figure it out and if you're lucky, we'll see you in the Super Bowl young man.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
He bawled like a baby in his mom's arms, in public, because he lost a football game.

How many times have you seen an NFL QB do that?
Who cares? At least he cared about the game to the extent it mattered to him, would it be better if he gave no fucks?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 03-29-2024
A man painting his fingernails, having a pink phone, etc. is pretty fucking gay guys.

That doesn't mean that he's going to be a bust. It has no impact on the field.

But let's stop pretending that isn't effeminate behavior.

Again, nobody on CP did this kind of pearl clutching when we all clowned Brady for kissing his son on the lips (among other things).
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:37 AM 03-29-2024
Who cares? At least he cared about the game to the extent it mattered to him, would it be better if he gave no ****s?
No it wouldn't be better if he didn't care at all. Ideally, he'd find some middle ground between "child being denied candy" and Jay Cutler.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A man painting his fingernails, having a pink phone, etc. is pretty fucking gay guys.

That doesn't mean that he's going to be a bust. It has no impact on the field.

But let's stop pretending that isn't effeminate behavior.

Again, nobody on CP did this kind of pearl clutching when we all clowned Brady for kissing his son on the lips (among other things).
There is a large difference in making fun of a dude for something such is the Brady stuff then there is in trying to mentally evaluate someone and saying they are going to be a terrible player.

People clowned on Brady for shit being weird, people are taking Williams and saying he will obviously suck ass because of it, that isn't the same thing.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 03-29-2024
There is a large difference in making fun of a dude for something such is the Brady stuff then there is in trying to mentally evaluate someone and saying they are going to be a terrible player.

People clowned on Brady for shit being weird, people are taking Williams and saying he will obviously suck ass because of it, that isn't the same thing.
I agree that it's silly to pretend that it has any impact on whether he will be a hit or bust.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 03-29-2024
Pink is not inherently gay. Good lord.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 46
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up